Arise formerly known as Willow...Any body working for them??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by RichTXn, Mar 15, 2007.

1. floridasmile

floridasmile New Member

Hello I was wondering if you are still working for Arise. I also live in Florida and I saw on your websight that you went through florida sunbiz or something. I wanted to ge t alittle insight on how everything is going and see if you could possible give me some tips on the incorperation part.
    Thanks
    Michelle
  2. floridasmile

floridasmile New Member

Hello,
    I was wondering if while working for Arise Do you have to work weekends or is that with just some of the clients. I want to know if it is mandatory or your choice.
    Thanks
  3. tazer92

tazer92 New Member

hi all,

i just completed my background check and now i have 7 days to complete my 1st cert which is the ACP101 valued at $99 that they are giving for free during this time.

i want to know if anyone is still working for Arise, how are things going with the company? is this still a good opportunity as I have read through but haven't seen any new updates.

how much do i need to invest further for training etc and incorporation costs?
  4. glaqua

glaqua New Member

I will be traveling over Xmas. Does anyone know if I can start the process with Arise and not take any work assignments until I get back?
  5. MISZTEE

MISZTEE New Member

I am so excited to start working for Arise. I am getting my background check going today. I am already a LLC, so I don't have to worry about that. I NEED to work Mon-Fri during the day. I know, I know, thats what everyone wants. Can anyone tell me after this gets going, which would be the best client to sign up for and hopefully get these kind of hours.
  6. pepe77

pepe77 New Member

It's really interesting and I believe its up to every single person on how they take this opportunity. I am doing my initial research on Arise, but if you can email me at [email protected] i really apprecciate it. I have couple of question to ask you. I like it the balance in your comments. I hope to hear from you soon

Jose
  7. HulaHale

HulaHale New Member

I have worked with ARISE for over 5 years. As with any job there are pros and cons. There is an initial investment as everyone has stated, if you have a computer it'll be a couple hundred intially to process your application, background check and Arise training. Plus the training for each client you pick up. Arise is a stickler for equipment specs as it doesn't respond well with the newer versions of windows, IE, etc. You also need to invest in a good headseat and phone box.

I have had mostly positive experiences here, but it isn't without it's wrinkles. As many have stated pretty much all clients (companies that hire Virtual Agents) require weekends which vary between 3 - 5 hours per week on either/or Sat & Sun -- that's alright if you a) like to work weekends; b) have no more than 2 clients. If you have four clients you're looking at 20 hour weekends.

Pay varies. some client pays per minute, others per call, some have a flat minimum pay, others do not. What this translates to is that depending on the client you can make up to $12-14 an hour or as little as $5-6 depending on call volume and # of agents on any given shift.

There is no sick time, emergency time, computer breakdown allowance and they only allot you to miss 5% of your scheduled work time. So if you have scheduled 25 hours a week and you miss 5 hours due to an emergency, your are too sick to work or your computer broke/internet is down...you will be in non-compliance and no one cares. You will start receiving emails letting you know you're not in compliance and you have to really work hard to bring your % back up.

There is a minimum committment to adhere to. For example the client I work for has a minimum committment of 15 hours. Five of which have to be on the weekend. During a campaign of theirs they awarded certain agents that were able to work a long shift on one particular date the priviledge of electing hours before other agents, not only their minimum, but as much as 50 hours. that left a few of us with no hours for 3 straight weeks. Since we are there to make $$ and no hours were being had, I went ahead and got freelance work for those 3 weeks. But then the client needed a lot of agents for 3 days during a holiday and since I had no hours selected...the emails started pouring in reminding me that I was not in compliance. So in essence the message is if "we have hours for you good, but if we don't, you sit there and wait until we do or you can be removed from the application"...it is really set up to benefit the clients and Arise, and the agents don't really have many benefits other than the priviledge of working from home.

Also be prepared to expect changes which completely alter the face of the client. You may start out with a great client which has very little scripts to memorize and read, with a decent software application and few markers to achieve high QA monitors. But that doesn't mean they will remain that way. They may add more scripts, required selling or upselling and switch softwares which totally makes it a horrible client to work with...(my situation this very minute) ...

If you are using Arise for full time work, the best thing to do is have a minimum of 3 clients, but be prepared to do 15 hours of weekend work minimum. If you're doing it as part time to supplement an existing FT job, stick to one client or you will not have a life. Some clients are great and you will rarely see them posting opportunities. Some are so bad they have training classes every two months because there's so much turnover of agents, they have to keep training new ones.

all in all, I am grateful an Arise exists out there to be able to supplement income when you need it, but it's not without it's challenges.
  8. michellina

michellina New Member

what happens if you have bad credit? would this prevent you from passing the background check and getting the job?
  9. GBro06

GBro06 New Member

I just recently began in January with Arise.com and dropped the class a couple of days before certification because I felt like I was heading for a disappointment due to my class grades. So much confusion on materials provided and decided to go with one of their alternate client options. Class begins on 3/22/10. I'm not sure about them yet, but I will definetly keep you posted. I somehow get a bad feeling, but I can honestly say that I won't allow another person get ripped off if that's what this company is all about. I pray that they are legit.
  10. mentldisconnect

mentldisconnect New Member

I recently finished the ACP101 and would really like to incorporate but due to lack of funds that is not possible. I'm hoping to find someone that is currently a Vlc for Arise to take me on and then incorporate for myself. If anyone is willing to do this for me please email me: [email protected]. Thank you so much!
  11. LAKIESHA1186

LAKIESHA1186 New Member

itiswell
    HI, DO YOU WORK FOR ARISE.COM I AM INTRESTE DIN APPLYING FOR A WORK AT HOME JOB, BUT THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES, JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THEY PAY HOURLY OR PER MIN, AND ALSO IF THERE ARE CONSTANT CALLS THAT WILL BE COMING IN? I AM CURRENTLEY IN TELEMARKETING AND I GET CALLS ALL THE TIME, IT A GREAT WAY TO MAKE THE TIME GO BY FAST, AND ALSO DO THEY ALLOW YOU TO WORK FULL TIME, AND POSSIBLY OVERTIME?
  12. alex821

alex821 New Member

LAKIESHA1186
    hi there, am thinking about joining arise as well, have you joined yet and if so are you glad that you did so far?
  13. sarauk

sarauk New Member

30 Jun 2010 01:02 - Attached on merging:
    Arise virtual call centre

Arise is virtual call centre company which provides a legitimate work at home opportunity for the UK and US. A minimum of 15 hours a week is required 5 of which should be at the weekend. It is best suited to part time workers. Hours are flexible and can range from 7am-11pm, 7 days a week, depending on the availability.
    The types of work include taking orders and payments, arranging returns, chasing orders, and dealing with account enquiries by telephone. Pay $10-$14 for the US and ??6-10 an hour for the UK.

Here are the things you need to get started at Arise:

1. You must be 18yrs old or over

2. A background check - currently ??23 in the UK and around $23.95 for the US

3. Computer with following specification

??? Processer - 1.2 GHZ
    ??? Hard drive ??“ 40GB with at least 15GB free space
    ??? CD-Rom and floppy drive
    ??? Sound card and speaker
    ??? Internet- DSL or cable modem ( wireless not allowed)
    ??? Back up ISP

4. Telephone headset and VOIP headset.

5. A separate landline to receive Arise calls

6. set up a limited company (VSC ??“ Virtual Service Corporation)

7. The training which costs ??500 in the UK and around $99 for the US

The start up cost is large but if you are looking for legitimate home based job, then it might be worth your while.
    For further information you can visit the Arise website
  14. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

I've heard of Arise (and I actually list them on one of my websites), but I didn't know they charged a fee for training? Do you know what the fee is for? To me, that's usually a red flag for most opportunities, but I know Arise is a proven company. Is the fee a new addition as of late?
  15. lilcheeky1

lilcheeky1 New Member

I recently signed up for Arise and the fees for training are said to range from $75-$250. However, a lot of the fees I've seen are mostly $80 - $150 but it varies vendor to vendor. This should be a concern because some of the opportunities are seasonal. So if you want to work for them again, I was told you'll have to pay the fee again and repeat the training course unless they keep you longer than what was posted. The other thing to consider is the training is at least 3 weeks or a month. So you won't be getting paid until the training has been completed with a passing score.
  16. sarauk

sarauk New Member

bhuff85: I've heard of Arise (and I actually list them on one of my websites), but I didn't know they charged a fee for training? Do you know what the fee is for? To me, that's usually a red flag for most opportunities, but I know Arise is a proven company. Is the fee a new addition as of late?
    It is client based training, in the UK Client training is currently (8 weeks) at 4 hours a day, on weekdays, in a virtual classroom on the internet, with daily homework. (??500 is paid for training on successfully passing the course and signing the contract).

I would also think that is red flag but I know it is legitimate company but the start cost is very high. lilcheeky1 is right I was also was told Short training session are sometimes required in order to keep up to date with any changes not sure about the cost for those
  17. sarauk

sarauk New Member

Hi all I can't edit my post but arise is free NOW for the UK'' All UK Training is free for now, our USA counterparts pay for their training but at the moment Arise are waiving this for UK people''
    Please check if you apply things could change.
  18. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

sarauk: Hi all I can't edit my post but arise is free NOW for the UK'' All UK Training is free for now, our USA counterparts pay for their training but at the moment Arise are waiving this for UK people''
    Please check if you apply things could change.
    That's cool to hear. Either way, I know Arise is a proven company. I just wasn't up to date on the stuff regarding fees for training. Thanks for clearing that one up for me!
  19. SoCelia

SoCelia New Member

I am with Arise as well and LOVE it!
  20. tmmitchell73

tmmitchell73 New Member

suzathome
    What is the exact website address to apply for ARISE?? Thank you

Please reply to : [email protected]