Arise formerly known as Willow...Any body working for them??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by RichTXn, Mar 15, 2007.

1. roger1

roger1 New Member

Hello

I have family established in Honduras. There is excellent internet available. I would like to split my time between US and Honduras. I am a US citizen. Would i be able to split my time between the two countries working from Honduras 2-3 months a year for Arise ? As long as I am American and have a connection it should not be a problem right ?
  2. orangemon

orangemon New Member

RichTXn

I was not finding the answers I needed so I emailed them and received a response from them in less than 24 hours. This is what I asked and what I received as an answer. I now get why and what they are charging for and it makes good sense. The money makes you serious about the business and weeds out all the 'employee' jokes. This is not a job opportunity but rather a client opportunity for business owners. You need to first decide weather you are an employee or a business looking for clients. If you are a cry baby employee looking for a business to take care of you then these opportunities are not right for you.

Below is the original email and responce:

Subject: Pre Employment Questions:

To whom it may concern.

What is the total cost to do business with this company?
    Why is corporate status important?
    Are there other charges while being employed?
    When is your pay cycle?
    Are you paid as an independent contractor?
    Why are the cost kept a secret?

The answer I got:

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting Arise. The Arise business model is based on a business-to-business relationship. As a result, Arise will only contract with incorporated entities ("Virtual Services Corporations" or "VSCs") to provide service.

In your capacity as principal owner of your Virtual Service Corporation, you will have the flexibly to select the hours that you desire to service on behalf of your VSC. VSCs are compensated by Arise for services rendered in any one of three ways ??“ per call, per talked minute or per hour. Any of the foregoing methods for compensating VSCs should result in an average hourly rate of between $10 and $14 per hour. VSCs are compensated twice a month.

As with starting any new business, there are costs involved. Below, we have broken down the costs (assuming your PC is already compatible). These numbers are on the high end; you may discover the actual cost is not as high as the estimates.

The average investment ranges from $400 to $600 assuming that you already have a computer that meets Arise's minimum workstation requirements. This covers the:

Background Check - $12.95 or $25.95
    ACP101 Basic Certification Course - $99
    Incorporation - $100 +/-
    High Speed ISP - $100 +/-
    Phone Equipment & Dedicated Line - $185 +/-
    Tech requirements: https://portal.arise.com/Localization/en-US/Workstation_Requirements_v6.pdf
    Client Specific Certification Course - $50 - $225
    The Arise service fee of $39.50 is charged for the infrastructure that Arise provides, including the Arise 24-Hour Client Technical Support Help Desk and StarMatic?® scheduling system. Arise's semi-monthly service fee of $19.75 is deducted twice a month from your Virtual Services Corporation bank account. No Virtual Services Corporation is charged the fee until the first month after it commences to provide customer interaction services to its first client.

Keep in mind this is not an unlikely or bad offer. It's right in line with the industry standard for this type of work and again, if being taken care of like a little kid is your thing than being in business is not for you.
  3. KarenSmith67

KarenSmith67 New Member

RichTXn

Hi Rich-

I applied to Arise and went through all their application processes, to find out that I have to pay for my background check! I DO NOT THINK SO!

Any business like Arise, that asks for money to work for them, no matter what, you should stay away from. That is one of the first signs of it not being legitimate. Arise may be legitimate, but if you pay the money for the background check, they cannot guarentee you will get hired.

Anyway, you have to make your own choice of who you want to work for, but if a company, such as Arise asks me to pay for anything....I run!

Good luck!
  4. orangemon

orangemon New Member

KarenSmith67
    Again, Arise is offering an opportunity for business owners, NOT people wanting to be employees. The background check is part of the contract they have with their clients and is necessary. You need a better understanding of things before you make false claims.
  5. ScottyDog

ScottyDog New Member

dogwhisperer thanks for sharing. I just got certified and was enticed to do so because they lured me the statement :"needing people familiar with the Apple product line ". Immediately started feeling that was a false statement. For a CS company I am less than impressed. I called them one time to hold for 40 minutes and went to Live chat twice and never got hooked up to a person after waiting for a good while. Oh well still have some hope left and expressed interest in AT&T mobile. Does anybody have anything to say about that one.
  6. micasali

micasali New Member

Does anyone use Vonage or cable or any other VOIP with Arise?
  7. nailea

nailea New Member

Hello

To

Everybody

I wll take the training with Arise the next month May, I would like to know what is the next if you pass the training. I would like to know somebody that is working with Arise in Canada.

you can email me

[email protected]

Sincerely
    nailea
  8. myfreewill02

myfreewill02 New Member

lilladypooh
    Hi, I am just starting with Arise and want to work under an already established Super VSC. Can you tell me the quickest, simplest, least expensive way to get going? Thank you, Elizabeth
  9. JTHub

JTHub New Member

I have recently become an ACP with Arise and I am my own VSC. I knew going in what the cost were because I read the information and didn't rush through the process. I'm ok with the cost and the fees because I want to work for my self and there are always expenses to being in business. I know this because I have 2 other business and they cost a lot more than this. In fact, if you go to work a JOB for someone else you have expenses also. You have to drive to work, you may have gone to college and your employer doesn't reimburse you for that. You may also want to better yourself so you get additional education that many times is own your own dime. My point is that if you want to work for yourself and get the benefits of working from home you have to be responsible for somethings.

I must say that the biggest issue I have with Arise is their slow support. It is hard to get through to support on phone and chat. I have learned that some of the support issues I've been involved with are client specific and if I'm fair I won't put that on Arise. But, I'm not happy with that aspect of Arise. that's not enough to outweigh the good things I see in the opportunity.

The reality is that no company is perfect. I'm sure I will find other things about arise that I don't like or wish they would do differently or better. However, it is my opinion that the overall opportunity is a good one if you are self motivated and like that kind of work.

I plan on bringing other ACPs under my VSC and I plan on filling the communications void that they might experience with Arise.

Good luck to all!!
  10. footsie

footsie New Member

i have just finished training for a well known telecommunication company in Canada. The training is very rushed, if you get your practice codes i hope they work ours took 2 weeks then they didn't work that good so didn't get to practice much plus i had a woman who hogged the system 24/7 i think, i didn't get on there much.
    I have met a couple of nice people through the class one of them has stared working already but she said the live system isn't much better than the practice which was verrrrrrrrry slow she is yet to finish a call the system which we were told would be good compared to the practice keeps kicking her out she is getting really fed up with it, she has only been on there a couple of days, and they tell you not to worry as there will be someone there to help you in the "nesting" chat room, she said no one helped her it just seems to be a load of BullS***. As for the support system if you can sit around for a few hours you will be fine.
    I haven't started yet and the way they treat you i am not sure i will bother!![​IMG]
  11. amburr

amburr New Member

I've worked Arise for 14 years and it's changed a lot over that time. If you are disciplined you can make a living working them. I've known people who had quit their second jobs to only work from home. The amount you average is great considering you save on expenses suchas gas, food and clothes. Also any training, purchases, and fees are all tax deductable for your corporation.
  12. WaqasAli

WaqasAli New Member

Currently Employed by Arise, getting paid 14.40/hr, my client is Rogers Wireless. Awesome opportunity, plently of hours, works around my schedule
    Email me at [email protected] to get started.

My EXP so far:
    The setup cost for me was getting one line for which i pay $16/month and the equipment which cost around $120, which you can cover in 1 day on an 8 hour shift.
    Registering corp was free for me, because I registered under someone, you can do that same
    Very practical, got my first pay check on time, no problems with the company so far.

Benefits: dont have to get dressed for work, dont have to drive, dont have to be prepare an hour, just get up 15 minutes before work, freshen up, take your breakfast on your computer and enjoy.

Honestly, this is a very very good opportunity for whoever that can cash in right now
  13. utinkiam

utinkiam New Member

My wife has worked for Arise now for about 9 months and I will be completing my first client certification next week. I agree with alot of the things being said here, both good and bad.

It can cost quite a bit to get started, but it has been pointed out also that this is YOUR business and you would be hard pressed to start any other type of business for what you can get involved with Arise for.

Costs vary greatly by where you incorporate,which client you choose to service ect. Most of the Super VSC's offer reimbursement for alot of the cost if you choose to go that route. They (super VSC) charge you a small commission if you work under them but they can also be a very valuable asset if you are having problems or have any issue dealing with Arise. They can sometimes get you vouchers to cover part or all of your client certification courses.

You can also choose to incorporate and be your own VSC and deal with things by yourself. We are actually doing BOTH. My wife has made as much as $600/wk and has NEVER had under 40 hrs/wk available. BUT everything being said about customer support and tech is true...SUPER SLOW. Tech issues are abundant with some clients and it can become VERY frustrating.
  14. susanrodriguez1

susanrodriguez1 New Member

suzathome
    Suz I see you posted this in 2007, I am considering arise, are you still with them? are you still happy with the pay, is the phone constantly busy enough to make the money you need?

$14/hr is not bad at all for working at home.

Please let me know

Susan
  15. susanrodriguez1

suzathome
    Suz

I am going to work with arise, however reading all of this i have concerns, you keep saying my client i work for, but you do not reveal which client that is??? ATT, VERIZON, APPLE, who is it that has so much busines and you make 14/hr with??

Please advise since I will be relying on this as my income and I need to make at least that!

Thanks
  16. susanrodriguez1

utinkiam
    So from what you say, you have to choose carefully which client you choose to work for, how can i know which client is the best to work for regarding hours and compensation and busyness etc....

Please advise what you have found out, what type of clients they have and which is best?

Thanks
  17. susanrodriguez1

I have worked for Convergys and Alpine Access in the past, they were pretty good and pay $9 per hour so its steady.

I want to make more and have more control over my hours though so that is why i look at Arise
  18. winkylocc

winkylocc New Member

I heard about arise from a trusted friend and decided to help my wife through the fees and processes. I did not mind the fee. However, as others have stated in this forum you have to watch the client you choose. So, with that in mind, DO NOT CHOOSE AT&T FOR ANY REASON!!! At time of interest they were advertising plenty of hours and $10 - $16 dollars an hour. Both of these turned out to be lies of the highest order. It is almost a crime what they were paying which is some cents by the call minute. To make matters worse the call minutes are strictly regulated for the less then minimum wage they are paying "through Arise". I say through arise because they actually pay a flat per hour rate to other work at home companies as do their regular employees. What makes matters worse is you sign a work contract which ties you to these criminals for a predetermined amount of time which they will penalize you for if you drop them like the sack of hot potatoes that they are. I should have listened to my friend who suggested rogers and told me to stay away from AT&T. What is even more sad is that AT&T is my wireless provider and I am completly happy with them in that aspect. Constant system crashes (on their end) that causes lost call time and it is known to happen during calls and that we are penalized for. They are a joke!
  19. jaybird23

jaybird23 New Member

I currently work for At&t client--and I love it! Training was like boot camp, but I feel it was worth it. The better I am trained the more secure my contract, especially since we are paid for performance! Compensation is competitive ($14 hr) for working from home and having the opportunity to choose your schedule is priceless. I work for a Supervsc-- and my recruiter is very hands on. She made sure to explain all the upfront fees and walked me through each step of the admissions process/training process. She even scheduled a remote session to set up my computer and go over my systems prior to training. While all the other reps were frantic during the login party, I was calm, cool and collective.
    I see it this way...unemployment rates are at an ALL time high. It's no secret that a company may post a position and receive 1000's of resumes. Recruiters may call back the 20 most qualified applicants. Hell??”let's be real ??“ you almost have to have a master's degree to get a receptionist position. Money is tight and employers want to make sure they invest their money wisely--so they pick the HIGHEST qualified candidate. Arise offers an opportunity for people who WANT to work, to invest in themselves and secure flexible contract positions. I would much rather be on the independent contractor side, than be micromanaged by some call center manager who only cares about his/her bottom-line.
    Nonetheless, most people who fail with Arise I believe don't have the self-discipline to study and put forth the extra effort needed for the self paced portion of training. My training class was full of reps that lacked professional, focus, and discipline. If you stay on top of your homework and practice with the provided training systems you will be successful.
    In the end it all comes down to priorities-- this opportunity is for the person who works well independently and is committed to excellence. It's for the person who is working to live and NOT living to work. I would much rather be responsible for my performance, pay, and time---than being slave to a brick and mortar call center with a micromanager. Brick and mortar call centers have to micromanage because they are paying you whether you take calls or not--THEY own you during your scheduled hours. Which is why they set your schedule, breaks, lunches and review/approve time off requests. If you like to be babied as was mentioned earlier ??“this is definitely not the RIGHT opportunity for you! This is not a job??”it's a business opportunity!
  20. jaybird23

jaybird23 New Member

winkylocc[/

I work with the At&t client and I love it. You are paid for performance and everyday you can view your scorecard. If you do well on AHT, QA, and CA you can get the higher service fee's. They just opened up the hours from 8a to 3a...and the call volume has been consistently steady. The key to sign up for your SOW hours when the schedule posts and sign up for additional hour during that specific service week.

I don't think you gave a fair evaluation of this client-- they pay you to perform. At&t provides excellent customer service and we must live up to their standards to get the max payout.