Article marketing doesn't work??

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by larslarson123, Jan 20, 2009.

1. rata1234

rata1234 New Member

Hi,

I am doing article marketing for about a month. I have no success so far. I think i have chosen a wrong niche. Every one coming to my site is to get free info. Please guide me how to choose a niche.

2. samda

samda Member

Article marketing works and I can be sure about this. There are lot of SEO companies having separate people who are concentrating on article marketing. But it is no more giving useless information and putting a backlink.
    The secret behind article marketing are:
    1) Writing down compelling articles.
    2) Content should be fresh and innovative.
    The above two will help the article go viral.
    3) PR of the article directory you are submitting. So all these facts counts.

Hope I helped you out.

Sam

3. samda

samda Member

Yep I am into article submission. Just now received an email with 650 article submission websites. Going to try out. Any advices from pro...

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

650? That would keep one busy for a while!
    Would you want to share your list?
    Have a great Sunday!
    Victoria

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Well if you have good articles in several of the 650 you should get a nice stream of traffic continuously.

6. aanderson204

aanderson204 New Member

Yeah I use all of the above, I really enjoy article marketing however.

7. volybal3

volybal3 New Member

I also do believe that article marketing is still very much alive. However, I also believe the Internet is still going through a transition phase from web 2.0 and fully transitioning to web 3.0.

With that being said, I personally believe using web 3.0 tools such as videos, with a combination of article marketing, a blog, and other web 2.0 tools is the best way to truly win.

Best luck,

8. msibd

msibd New Member

Article marketing is still very much alive...Most people want fast results like email marketing or ppc. Article marketing is free and a great long term marketing tool. When used properly, you can funnel on going traffic to your site!

9. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

It's all about getting traffic to your website.... Think wise,

You must focus on quality of article first,

Getting or selling are later!

If you take 30mins per day to write a good article, you will get result someday.

People are impatient, and they want instant results..

Those people are easy to give up, you must think tomorrow

not today.!![​IMG]

Keep writing it, Your article is not going anywhere, It's cumulating of
    your assets![​IMG]

10. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

I will also attest to the power of article marketing. If you become proficient in keyword research and produce quality content that ranks high in search engines, articles can be very beneficial to your online business.

11. coloradorockies

coloradorockies New Member

Be careful with Ezine Articles. They are persnickety! Read and re-read their guidelines. I've started reading them before I submit my articles. I got tired of my articles being rejected for one small thing. That's the way it goes.

12. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I use article marketing, I also do a lot of direct article marketing and this does generate income. I love it but I like to write. It is a way to establish yourself as an expert and you can build quite a following. Ezine is the best in my opinion.

13. JohnRobertson

JohnRobertson New Member

Hey peeps,

Article marketing, as stated, is a long term approach, no overnight success, no fast cash, but over time you earn quality back links and often a nice reputation.

Good keyword research can get you in front of popular trends and some pretty decent traffic, and writing high quality articles gets your content reported all over the web, more links, more traffic to your website.

And the best part is, it's entirely free. [​IMG]

Cheers
    John

14. hunysukle

hunysukle New Member

Article marketing works if you know how which article sites to use and how to choose keywords. For example, writing an article with the title "How to build Muscle" is a highly competitive key search (millions of results on Google) and you probably won't get any traffic to the article because your article will be on page 200. If your article title is "How to build Strong Tricep Muscles Naturally Without Steroids" you have a better chance at high ranking, thus more traffic.

Plus, it's about WHICH article sites you use. Google ranks Ezine Articles, Go Articles, Hub Pages and Squidoo very high in search results. Not using these article sites may result in little to no traffic.

15. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

Article marketing is much better for SEO than gaining traffic, although I've personally gotten thousands of clicks through just my EzineArticles posts. Still, there is no doubt that email lists are extremely valuable, and if you aren't trying to build your list, you're missing out.

16. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

Article marketing has to be right at the top for driving traffic to a website, i write and submit articles every day, and i can not honestly see it dieing out as a way to drive traffic any time soon.

Just make sure you submit unique articles every time and you will soon reap the google traffic rewards.

17. englishexile

englishexile New Member

coloradorockies: Be careful with Ezine Articles. They are persnickety! Read and re-read their guidelines. I've started reading them before I submit my articles. I got tired of my articles being rejected for one small thing. That's the way it goes.
    I feel your pain brother!
    Even when posting an article in the 'review' section I keep getting knocked back. How are you supposed to review a product without mentioning it?!

The travails of being a newbie article Writer I guess.... [​IMG]

18. jbhabs

jbhabs New Member

Article Marketing works but in a way - you're right. When I read articles I don't read them all. I concentrate on what pertains to me and to me only and my interests. Therefore the niche selection is important. You have to do your home work prior. Look at the searches either via Yahoo, Bing or Google on your niche. Are there many search results? Try keywords analytical tools too prior. There are websites too specializing in trends for the next few years.

With what is happening in Japan right now, I would say a future niche would be radioactive protection, iodine consumption as an example.

Try a mix and match and don't focus on only one type of promotion for SEO such as Article Marketing.

19. shaun

shaun New Member

Article marketing doesn't work??

Article marketing absolutely works
    I get leads all the time from articles & content Id forgotten about.
    But PPC advertising is KING !!!

No matter which way you look at it, traffic costs.
    Whether it be your time & effort(writing articles &/or waiting for the traffic/results) or money in PPC.

20. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

As well as quality content, diversification is also key when you are article marketing.

Make sure that you are sending your articles to blogs as well as article directories and 2.0 properties (like Squidoo, Hubpages etc) and interacting with people. That way when Google burps and a site that you relied on for traffic gets slapped you won't be too affected.