Article marketing still works!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by mbasa, Mar 15, 2011.

1. ResidualQueen New Member

Article Marketing will always work. Sure, it takes quite some time for the search engines to rank your article, but when it does you'll be in Organic-Traffic-Heaven. First of all, search engines love fresh content and readers love new material. All you have to do is hire an SEO company who specializes in Article creation and Article submission. Choose a relevant topic and allow the experts to build it around targeted keywords then allow them to submit it to 100s of high PR distribution sites.

The most important thing to remember is consistency. Create a new article every month to successfully build and maintain your internet presence.
  2. ErikaAwakening New Member

Hi, I don't know much about article marketing because I built my audience initially on blogspot with forum participation and later with social networking. I have never posted to ezines. I think I went on there at some point and it just looked like too much hassle.

Right now though it looks like I will probably hire a high-end SEO company to do some work on my sites, and they include some article marketing. Interestingly, they only include a small number of this. As I'm currently a novice in this particular area, if I follow through with this hire and it turns out to be useful, I'll try to remember to circle back and post about it.

The idea of posting articles to these sites day in and day out sounds like too much time spent, so I'm hoping this firm may know a better and more efficient way.
  3. talfighel Silver Member

sunnyblue: If you research keywords and then write articles it would be effective and can get visitors from search engines.

That is very true. You have to think outside the box and use article titles that no one ever thought about.
    robinincarolina likes this.
  4. Just2EZ Gold Member

talfighel: titles that no one ever thought about.

Uh, that sounds backwards...
    A unique title yes, but one that "no one ever thought of" could be deadly.
    The whole point in keyword research is to find out what they thought of.
    Then put your own unique spin on the words they thought of in a way that makes them say...
    "I never thought of it that way!"

Unique Selling Proposition 101
    Make it memorable.
  5. Jen80 New Member

I started working online as a writer and I still write up to now. It's just that sometimes I need another gig to break the monotony. I love writing but there are times I don't feel like doing it anymore [IMG]

Right now I'm looking for other gigs. I'm considering adsense but I don't have a clue how to do it. I'm facsinated with people who have websites and stuff and just make money from their adsense blogs,
  6. FredReed New Member

article marketing is a thing, which can not be ignored by google.
    just keep doing it white hat way, and you'll bever get panalized
  7. Azmos New Member

Article writing needs a lot of practice and research.
  8. Cristina New Member

Based on my experience, marketing your articles through the use of keywords and SEO is not as effective as distributing your content to high ranking blogs in your niche. Although you may get good results using SEO, using this strategy can get you even better results!

Most readers like content that is natural and easy to read. Filling your content with keywords can sometimes make it choppy to read and a bit boring. I have found that the best results always come from content that is written from the heart with a bit of personality.

But how can you achieve amazing results without the use of keywords and SEO?

Find a popular blog that is within your niche and ask if they can place your article on their blog. By doing this you are exposing your article to your target market without the need to worry about keywords or SEO because the blog should already have a high ranking. And, of course, at the end of the article you should have a link back to your site.
  9. syxx New Member

Article marketing can still be effective, however duplicating 'spam' tactics are what you need to be careful of. I would only list articles in top quality directories, and make sure to try and submit fresh articles to different ones, not the same one over and over. Basically if it feels 'spammy' I would be leary, not with just where you post but what you post.
  10. orionhunter1986 New Member

Yes, article marketing still works even after Google's Penguin hit but it can only work when you have good and original contents. It would be advisable as well to not distribute one article (let's say it has rewrite versions of it) to multiple sites. Submitting to high PR sites is a surefire to get your articles seen on Googles pages. It would also be advisable if you can have both do follow and no follow sites to distribute your articles, just so the links cannot appear unnatural for Google when they run their spiders.
  11. Azmos New Member

Actually article writings are for those who has no problem writing or likes writing.
  12. Simon Jones New Member

Article marketing is in reality a long term solution. And that’s why it is not at all a surprise for a still works as said it .There is a trick in writing the correct article and being skillful enough with your SEO to get your content as many individual as possible in a short amount if time
  13. KB24 Member

Article marketing works but it starts with doing good keword research. I wouldn't grind out article after article though. I would concentrate on good quality content for my sites and articles that Im going to distribute. I would start out by building a list first get that to convert then build a site..
  14. miller111 New Member

HARO is not bad for the article submission but it's hard to post an article there. Because moderators are very choosy.
  15. amicof Member

Completely agree...article marketing is an excellent way to build a business. One thing, instead of using one article directory only I would use an article distribution service to multiply your results.
  16. Jacq1292 Member

Just don't forget that if you post your article to your blog first, you'll need to make changes to those sites that only accept content that has not been published elsewhere. Not hard to do and you benefit on both sides. In my opinion, EzineArticles is worth the wait. If your busy, you won't even notice the days until your article is approved because you are busy writing and submitting to other directories as well. They give great stats so you can see which articles are performing best and that can help you fine tune your writing.
  17. YAGOOFT Member

I use to use articles, but this too is no longer as effective as it use to be since Google has basically attacked these strategies in recent months. Look at HUB pages, they use to rank nicely, and now all but have vanished in organic search results on Google. Also look at EZine articles, Press releases, etc., all but gone from any search I have done in months on Google. Many of my own which constantly ranked in top five are all but gone, so Google is on attack with Panda, Penguin, Gorilla and who knows what else. Blogs have been attacked too, classified sites are under attack, so very few pull like the use to no matter how current you stay on top of SEO strategies.
  18. miller111 New Member

Sites with a good PR can be more useful. But the main thing is patience.
  19. amicof Member

I actually still get traffic from articles that I posted long time ago. Article marketing works in my hands. However, I would recommend to maximize the time spent writing using web-based article submission services that send your content to tons of article directoriesand ezine publishers....
  20. jamess Member

Article marketing is one of the finest way. Because It gives you organic backlinks so It can not be rule out from the main strategy.