Article Marketing : Unique content vs Duplicate

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Justine, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Justine

Justine New Member

Hi,

What is your opinion about using unique versus duplicate content in article marketing?
    I learned to always submit unique content to various article directories, rewriting articles before submitting for better SERP's of the links but.... there are some burning discussions in Warrior Forum for example about that and most of those who participate in the discussion, claim that submitting duplicate content to the directories is the right way to go.

I say unique content but I'm curious about your opinions here?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Unique. hands down. [​IMG]

An article spinner is the way to go though to get a bunch of unique copies off one article. Took me a long time but I think I finally found one that kinda sorta compares to the UAW (Unique Article Wizard) - the UAW is $65 a month and is the best in my opinion, but I did finally find one for a one time charge that seems to work pretty well...

3. Justine

Justine New Member

mountainmom5: An article spinner is the way to go though to get a bunch of unique copies off one article. Took me a long time but I think I finally found one that kinda sorta compares to the UAW (Unique Article Wizard) - the UAW is $65 a month and is the best in my opinion, but I did finally find one for a one time charge that seems to work pretty well...

Thanks! but you are very mysterious[​IMG] Is there any chance to find out about that super dooper spinner[​IMG]

4. Justine

Justine New Member

I have just noticed what you were referring to as an article spinner[​IMG]

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

If you are going to submit to duplicate article directories, I would only submit to a few of the directories. I would recommend that you use a completely different title for each article, and slightly change some of the content. As far as submitting the same article to hundreds of directories, most of the articles either won't make it in the search engines, or they are just going to get de-indexed, so its not really worth it in the long run.

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Justine: Thanks! but you are very mysterious Is there any chance to find out about that super dooper spinner
    Absolutely - I am not using the UAW right now, but the reason I like it so well, and will probably go back to using it is that not only does it do a great job of helping you get the article spun, but it also drips a unique version of your article to hundreds of article directories and blogs.

The one I have in my sig also has a great spinner tool, and has a pretty good submitter function where it submits uniquer versions to a bunch of directories.... so far so good.[​IMG]

7. Justine

Justine New Member

@getagrip, that is a great explanation of using unique content!!!!

@mountainmom5, thanks a lot for the recommendation, the one in your signature looks like a bargain. So the difference between UAW and your signature one, would be the price and the amount of directories it submits to?

8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Justine: @mountainmom5, thanks a lot for the recommendation, the one in your signature looks like a bargain. So the difference between UAW and your signature one, would be the price and the amount of directories it submits to?
    Well, kinda...

The biggest difference would be the price, but right close on it's tail would be quality in my opinion.

And the one in my sig only submits to directories while the UAW submits to both directories and blogs.

9. Justine

Justine New Member

mountainmom5: Well, kinda...

The biggest difference would be the price, but right close on it's tail would be quality in my opinion.

And the one in my sig only submits to directories while the UAW submits to both directories and blogs.

Thanks a lot [​IMG] I've been using AMA and Linkvana. The difference in price between them also tells which represents much higher quality.

10. I have many, many articles on page 1 of Google for their keywords.

The articles are practically the same, apart from changing the Main keywords and a few other words here and there. [​IMG]

11. Justine

Justine New Member

Barb Thornback: I have many, many articles on page 1 of Google for their keywords.

The articles are practically the same, apart from changing the Main keywords and a few other words here and there.

Hi Barb,

cool! But from what you write they are not the same, because of changes you make, which confirms mine and others opinion here about the advantage of original content [​IMG]

12. jamieseo

jamieseo New Member

I definitely prefer unique content - however for the low-end article directories that you want to submit to in bulk spinning is an option.

For the better directories (eg Ezine articles, Info Barrel, Squidoo, etc) I always use 100% unique content [​IMG]

Occasionally if doing a huge submission to some of the lower scale directories I will use The Best Spinner. A small annual fee is far more preferable than the monthly charges that most have, and it does provide a great range of options.

13. treevee

treevee Member

Many marketers get the "duplicate content" idea wrong:
    Submitting the same article to multiple directories is not duplicated content, it's syndicated content. Contrary to popular belief, there's no penalty for syndication and Google WILL NOT slap you for it.

Syndicated articles are a gem for backlinking however, if you are looking to have all of your sites on the first page of Google, rewrites or spun content will serve you well.

14. candy3

candy3 New Member

I do I.C. writing/submission work for a very large company (large meaning - we run dozens of national TV commercials every day, etc.) and we also use UAW to spin our articles. It works very well and saves a lot of time. It's worth the monthly payment - definitely.

15. Christian

Christian New Member

In the old days you could just submit one article to hundreds of directories and see your search engine ranking soar.

Those days are long gone. In order to get the most work out of every article that you submit to, you will have to spin your articles.

The best spinner is a great software geared just for that.

16. Rohan

Rohan New Member

Hello! I don't usually write in forums but, this one interested me.
    I'm new to Internet marketing (but not writing articles) and maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but from what I hear, spinning programs don't usually work very well. I've written a few articles and I have chosen to re-write them myself for 2 reasons

1)I find it fun to re-write articles as I can improve on them in a way that spinning programs can't.
    1) I can't really afford a spinning program right now and even if I could I wouldn't trust them to produce articles the way I would want.

In my limited experience I have found that I can produce articles that rank pretty highly in search engines, and it makes me feel good about myself that I have actually accomplished something. Maybe in the future if I strike it rich I might consider using a spinner. but for now, for me, unique content is best right.

Just my opinion

17. rthomw

rthomw New Member

If one's goal is to get as many back links a possible in the shortest amount of time I guess duplicate content would seem to make sense. If, however you want to provide great content and position yourself as an expert in your field or niche I would think that unique content written from your own experience would be more productive in the long run.

That's just my opinion I could be wrong.

18. OnlineHelper

OnlineHelper New Member

In my opinion unique content is definitely the way to go. You can get penalized by search engines if you have duplicate content linking to your site.

With that said, like some of the other people mentioned you can create unique content fairly quickly using an article spinner. My only advice to go along with that is to make sure that you start out by spinning an original article that was written by you. You should never steal and spin an article that belongs to someone else.

I personally use and am a fan of "The Best Spinner"

19. rthomw

rthomw New Member

I'm not sure I've ever had a truly original thought. Most of my articles come from information I've gathered through reading other peoples stuff and then taking that information and using my personal opinions or experience with that information and writing about it from my perspective. Spinning someone Else's article can be legitimate if you make sure you add at least 60% of your own content or ideas. Just to change some words and submit the article as yours is not Kosher as far as I'm concerned. For anyone wanting a free resource to improve writing skills they can take a look at this information...http://budurl.com/writebetter.

20. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

I had this explained to me this way.

Lets say there are ten people promoting product x, Those ten people each write a new article and publish it to their blogs and websites.

Along comes Marketer Number 11, He grabs the ten articles that the other guys wrote, he makes sure anchor text is correct and does some very basic seo.

Number 11 then puts all ten articles on One site and promotes that to google.

Who will google choose for higher position, the guys that wrote an article each or the guy that got the articles, organised them and made them easy to find all together.

Number 11 has effectively ORGANISED Information better and will probably rank higher than the other 10.

Googles goal? END Search. They want you to find what you want fast so the more on Topic content you can ORGANISE (NOT write) the better google will treat you.

Duplicate content is a myth, you need to make sure all the info is specific to your niche, If you stay on topic and organise as many articles on the same subject together you will challenge for the Number 1 Ranking.

IMHO I believe that your better to put content together, who cares if your not the first to publish it, you need to be the first to organise it and google will reward you.

Just remember your SEO basics.

Cheers

ODA