Article Marketing-Yeah..But Check Your Links First

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by lejla, Aug 8, 2010.

1. lejla

lejla New Member

Just quick reminder when submitting articles please check your links...or you will send traffic to somebody else just as I did yesterday and it is still ongoing...

I started new site and submitted article to e-zine and since I am platinum level it got approved next day. Today when I checked Google analytics it showed already 7 visits from this article. Nice! But when I checked e-zine it showed that article was ready by 96 people and it sent 20 people to site??

Finally I discovered that my anchor link was wrong ( forgot to put "tips" at the end [​IMG] and I sent 13 visitors to doghousebreaking site.

So, check your links [​IMG]
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

lejla: Just quick reminder when submitting articles please check your links...or you will send traffic to somebody else just as I did yesterday and it is still ongoing...
    Lol. Yeah, been there done that! Thanks goodness you can go in and change it.[​IMG]
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

This has never happened to me before so............

It is OK. Everyone makes mistakes. It is just a part of the process.
  4. omrishabbat

omrishabbat New Member

I think it happened to every person in this business...
  5. 3l337

3l337 New Member

I think sometimes even the best of us get going and forget the little checks...
  6. lejla

lejla New Member

mountainmom5: lejla:
    Just quick reminder when submitting articles please check your links...or you will send traffic to somebody else just as I did yesterday and it is still ongoing...
    Lol. Yeah, been there done that! Thanks goodness you can go in and change it.
    Yeah! Already Done! [​IMG])

Thank You.
  7. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

lejla: So, check your links
    I second that! And do it as many times as necessary to make sure they are correct.

I have a couple of articles written years ago that are still floating around with links in the resource box pointing to a totally unrelated website.

I discovered the error months after the articles were published. How embarrassing! [​IMG]

And so it goes...

Hermas
  8. biltongonline

biltongonline New Member

Ha ha I have done that as well, I completely misspelled my web site ! I now have a spread sheet system system that has all these details on them ( what i have posted and where ) it has been a great help and speed things up a lot. I digress my point is that with this i go through the sites every now and then to see that everything is sweet and how it should be

Sebastian
  9. writepro

writepro New Member

I sometimes make a similar mistake...

I tend to use a lot of .info domains, but sometimes I forget when I submit them to EZA and mistakenly turn them into .com

So far, EZA has always caught them because there's no "real" website there. So they reject the article for "faulty" links. So I get to fix them.

Still embarrassing though... (blush)

Elisabeth
  10. likestowrite

likestowrite New Member

I did that recently posting to a forum. Gave some great tips on getting back links and then posted my website address incorrectly...after swearing at myself I went back in and posted again with the advice that a really effective way to get back links is to give the correct website address...[​IMG]
  11. QuarterBack

QuarterBack New Member

yikes. so far I have not done that, but now that I have read this I will always be sure to double, triple check my links before posting my articles. [​IMG]