Article marketing

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by larochelle, Mar 6, 2011.

1. larochelle New Member

Hi all

I read something today in another forum which I thought would be a good topic to bring up to discussion.

Article marketing seems to be having a rough time right now with Googles recent algorithm changes.

The general opinion seems to be that things are definately changing because of this and that copying plr is no longer a viable form of publishing an article.

Original material is what it is all about.

Of course on the internet things are changing all the time and keeping up is important.

So anyone got any opinions? Would be great with a little feedback

Thanks
    Jason
  2. Jose Roman New Member

Hey Jason. I want to ask a question. Is article marketing completely dead? Is this change specifically about articles that don't make much sense, have an overflow of keywords and are submitted to many article sites? I'm just not clear on exactly how this effects everyone. For example, if I submit the article to ezine and then post to my blog, is this going to effect me in a negative way?
  3. larochelle New Member

Honestly Jose

I have no idea, I did read that it was taking time to get articles published right now but I am so new at this and just started writing articles myself and am really wondering the same thing.

However my common sense tels me that if we are writing original material which is of value to the readers - well then it can't be a waste of time.

I posted this here because although I have a great mentor with loads of information, I still feel like I'm fishing in a very large pond and its very dark, and I really need all the input I can get to make sure I'm doing things right.

I don't have a huge budget to spend on loads of different mentors and advertising so I have to try and make it on my own the old fashioned way - lots of hard work and I am sure with a positive attitude and some inspirational writing I will get somewhere.

Sorry I couldn't be help

Best Wishes
    Jason
  4. talfighel Silver Member

For different niches, article marketing can be very profitable for you if you write many article and post them to as many article directories.

I would also suggest you not only write articles but make videos and post them online (YouTube).

You are probably not going to get a rush of traffic from them but if you do this consistently, you will be able to get long term traffic. That's what it is all about.
  5. larochelle New Member

Thanks again Tal

I'm slowly but surely figuring that out. Good job that I love writing.

While we're on the subject what do you think about using articles that are free to publish, just copy and paste.

Wondered if its an idea to find some good ones and tweak them a little so that I get some articles out there a little quicker.

Jason
  6. larochelle New Member

Can I ask you another question Tal.

This quit smoking niche, its something I have been thinking about. I am a smoker and thought it would be great if I could use that as my niche and make a little money at the same time as I quit smoking.

Hope you don't mind me asking

Jason
  7. Rach72 New Member

Hey Jason

"While we're on the subject what do you think about using articles that are free to publish, just copy and paste. Wondered if its an idea to find some good ones and tweak them a little so that I get some articles out there a little quicker. "

Personally I grab these PLR articles and re-write them - or get someone else to.

It is far less effort, far more efficient and far more rewarding to grab 5 well written and researched articles for $5 and rewrite them completely using the same ideas and facts within the article but making them 'yours' and adding your take to them.

Where to submit them is something that is forever evolving and changing. But Tal is right about the videos and the links that you get with these also seem to stick well.
  8. larochelle New Member

Thanks Rach

Just what I was hoping to hear [IMG]
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

larochelle: While we're on the subject what do you think about using articles that are free to publish, just copy and paste.
    I am with Rach - I rewrite them, but I think that's why this whole Google change is actually great for us as we write our own stuff!

They are trying to get rid of all the duplicate stuff, so grabbing an article and simply copying and pasting is a waste of time, I believe.[IMG]

larochelle: This quit smoking niche, its something I have been thinking about. I am a smoker and thought it would be great if I could use that as my niche and make a little money at the same time as I quit smoking.
    Perfect niche for you is what I would say! [IMG]
  10. taz87 New Member

I hear the even rewritten material will be looked down upon, let me rephrase: ezine articles will delete your article if it doesn't add any new information to the articles that already exist. how will they systematize this and carry it out i don't know,just something i heard!
    IF your conent is not 100% original then you will not get published or your articles will be deleted.

Taz
  11. Rach72 New Member

I have been hearing a lot of talk that EZA are just going through and suspending accounts.

I hate the fact that they have gone from telling people to write 200 articles per niche, hold contests to write 100 articles in 100 days, advertise the fact that their QC is so good and tough that only the best articles get through and then turn around and blame the writers when it all goes south!

There are plenty of other directories out there - articlebase, goarticles etc so go spread the love - well written and unique love that is [IMG]
  12. taz87 New Member

well before the google masacre/changes Ezines had the most authority that is why it is where everyone wanted to be. But after the dust settles, I am sure we will see a new market leader possibly?

Taz
  13. robinincarolina Silver Member

Article marketing is my main means of traffic generation and lucky for me I love to write.

I have noticed some changes in Ezine lately as well. What used to take 24 hours to get approved, now takes days, at least this week.

I also had an article that is live recently denied when I edited the bio box and resubmitted. The reasons were unclear to me, but I surmise that I had published it elsewhere such as my blog. I am scared to edit any of my articles again.

I have published a lot of articles in the last few weeks. Some get no traffic while a few others have soared.
  14. kane1976 New Member

Yes ive had the same issue with ezine articles, it's because so many people are submitting duplicate content, so they have really increased their awareness now.

I rewrote an article recently, and it had to be at least 90% unique, but they still declined it.

So my advice would be to always submit unique articles, if you dont want to end up with it being declined, as obviously you dont.

If your not a writer though, then you could easily hire someone to write articles for you, and i'm sure you wont pay more than $5 each.

Then you will have 100% unique content to post that could possibly bring you thousands of visitors to your website via your articles.
  15. minsardi New Member

there are a lot of great article directories out there. the most popular are
    ezinesarticles.com
    myarticles.com
    articledashboard.com
    isnare.com
    ideamarketers.com

ezines take a while to get posted while some of the others get posted much faster. some are going to get more traffic than others but the beauty of article marketing is you do the work once and you reap the benefits for a long time to come.

I still get quality leads from my articles that i posted and the best part their free.

the most important part is be consistent and write your own content. dont expect to by articles and copy and paste them. every article you submit is another link back to your site.

always make sure you have a catchy signature that tells your reader what to do next.
  16. ScottCofer New Member

The algorithm change is all about weeding out the rehashed, low-quality "junk" that ranks high on the search engine results due to heavy backlinking, etc. and giving more relevance and rankings to well-researched and valuable content. This is a good thing!

Know your material, and write informative helpful content. You'll be well-rewarded ...
  17. ipnomad New Member

Street Articles is getting a lot of love at the moment despite the Google update. I keep seeing them when I do queries. They're owned by Wealthy Affiliate.
  18. englishexile New Member

I am having issues with Ezine.
    I write a completely unique review of a product and it gets declined because I am mentioning the name of the product in the body of the article.
    How are you supposed to review a product without mentioning it's name...?

[IMG]
  19. KB24 Member

I don't think article marketing is dead.. I think what google wants is good quality information.. so its no more 250 word articles just to get backlinks.. they want good quality articles.. so the user who is searching for a problem that needs to be fixed gets what they are looking for..
  20. JesseK New Member

I think that article marketing still works, it's just that you really need to research and write content that is really useful to users. It will be nice to see people taking an interest in the articles they write and publish instead of just seeing the same rehashed stuff over and over again.