Article Writing Tips To Get Sales

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jayorban, Jul 27, 2009.

1. jayorban

jayorban New Member

I read a couple posts on people asking the question is it better to write more articles that are sloppy and not optimized? Or write 1 article a day that is optimized with the right keywords. The answer to this question id definitely number 2 no questions asked! 1 quality well written article is way better than 5 poorly written articles any day of the week! If you write one article that is optimized for your keyword phrase you are going after, with your keyword phrase in your title - and throughout the body of your article used sparingly not too much not too little. The traffic and sales from that 1 article will definitely surpass 5 crappy ones that noone can find. So my advice to all internet marketers out there is too write quality well written articles, optimized for the search engines. And make sure the product you are promoting is a proven seller, combine these two steps and your guaranteed quality, targeted traffic that will convert into strong sales for a long time down the road. Take pride in your work, and you will reap the fruits of your labor!

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

jayorban: Take pride in your work, and you will reap the fruits of your labor!
    Hi jayorban,

That's right; quality is trump. Isn't that what you, I, and everyone else is looking for? Isn't that what everyone responds to? I don't think there can be any doubt.

Junk is junk. It doesn't matter if it's a small pile or a big pile. We feel the same about it regardless of the size.

~Newbie Shield~

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: Junk is junk. It doesn't matter if it's a small pile or a big pile. We feel the same about it regardless of the size.
    LOL - How true!

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Well said.
    I do not feel comfortable spinning either.
    Speaking of articles, off to write one!
    Have a great day!
    Victoria

5. ram002

ram002 New Member

I love writing good quality articles. I strike the right keywords with links on the products and promote them.

6. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Well put, One quality article with great keywords can produce a hundred times more leads than a crap article that is not thought out and optimized correctly! Once you get an article that REALLY does good it sets the standard at a new level.

7. DaveWalters

DaveWalters New Member

Wouldn't it be great if all of the junk out there was disposed of? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that one article with 10 clicks is better than a million articles with 0 clicks. This is a good reminder for us all because this common sense is often ignored (sometimes by yours truly as well!) when we get so caught up. Thanks

8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

DaveWalters: Wouldn't it be great if all of the junk out there was disposed of?
    Hi Dave,

Yes please! Make it so. I'll even help you co-lead the comity!

~Newbie Shield~

9. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

I agree that a single well-written article is more valuable and provides superior leverage over many poorly written articles. It's a productive use of effort and time. Whereas, the time and effort spent writing inferior articles is a total waste.

Hermas

10. rosa41

rosa41 New Member

I agree and spend many minutes producing the best artilces possible given my abilities. I'm still wondering how long one quality article takes to write. I cannot seem to get mine under 60 minutes.
    Any help?

11. DaveWalters

DaveWalters New Member

I can usually write a good article in about 20 minutes. When I write it I just let it all come out without stopping and correcting it along the way. Afterwards, I go back and tweak it. For me, this is a much quicker process than analyzing it along the way. Also, this way, the article flows more naturally and the content is more of the focus

12. sidnelson

sidnelson New Member

I read some very interesting points here on the article writing subject. And I'd like to offer a point no one has touched on yet.

The whole idea of writing the article in the first place is to gain recognition and that is done through the resource box at the bottom of the article.

But I think the status quo is to give a short "Bio" of the author and a call to action with a link to the author's site.

Well, I don't think this ALWAYS has to be the case. I mean, if you write the info in the resource box in a way that flows with the article and then offer the call to action, it not only doesn't break up the continuity of the article, but it seems less of an advertisement, since it flows in line with the subject of the article.

You don't always have to introduce yourself. You could in essence write another paragraph (a short one) that flows right into your call to action. That way it won't look so cheesy like so many articles I've read.

13. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

sidnelson: You don't always have to introduce yourself. You could in essence write another paragraph (a short one) that flows right into your call to action.
    That strategy can be very effective in getting the reader to move on your call to action. I use it sometimes, when I'm more interested in pushing an affiliate product than advancing my name.

Hermas

14. gowriter

gowriter Member

I think it also partly depends on the platform you're using. If you use directories like ezine articles, then the resource box has to be the clincher. Flow your content write into it. I recommend you look on ezine articles and look up a guy called Jeff Herring. He teaches how to construct an article, specifically from ezine articles, that flows your content right to your resource box.

If you're writing for hubpages, squidoo, associated content, helium, triond. You bio box can be part of your profile or the platform my automatically add it to the end of your article. But with revenue sites like Associated content, Triond, Bukisa and Helium, you get paid by the page view, rather in CPM or per 1,000 page views.

So the idea here is to get more people to read your articles. Be cause more traffic means more money. More articles mean more traffic which means more money. This is residual. In your profile you may want to mention your blog or website.

Revenue sites are less strict about you adding an affiliate link because a lot of times you can slip it in under your anchor text while you're providing useful information. I like revenue sites because you can make money four ways:

(1) You make money from the view (whether or not people buy stuff)
    (2) SEO your articles and you draw traffic to your content with anchor text
    (3) People like your content, click on your bio, click on your website
    (4) Write related articles on your revenue site and link them to each other = more page views, more money.

15. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Newbie Shield: Junk is junk. It doesn't matter if it's a small pile or a big pile. We feel the same about it regardless of the size.
    You really are right, one article can gain more sales if it is well written and very informative.

16. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I agree about content, I take pride in what I put out there and am trying to build an online presence and brand myself so I would not want to damage that with junk.

I got an interesting video from Travis at Bum Marketing today for those of you who did not see it. It talks about how when we have an article that brings in traffic and a few dollars a month how we often go back and write more articles when what we should be doing is getting more backlinks to that article to push it up in the search engines. Some of you may know this already, but I still consider myself a newbie. It was an aha moment for me.

17. elle14

elle14 New Member

I'm just creating a unique content and having an effective title. And it really works to visit by visitors.. [​IMG]