As A Work At Home Dad I Am Blessed

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by HobbiesMann, Apr 25, 2009.

1. HobbiesMann

HobbiesMann New Member

I enjoy working from home with my own office looking out into my backyard garden. It so beats working for an employer.

I have been working from home since 2001. At that time I was so sick of working for others that I quit my day job and took up residence online.

I make my living online but it hasn't always been fun. I went through a long stretch where I didn't make much because I thought I knew what I was doing.

Now I have a little network of about 30 sites over 8 IP addresses. Great for linking between my sites and for selling ads on my sites.

I really didn't start to make money online consistently until started sharing my love of the hobbies I enjoy. Once I started blogging about my hobbies and pointing to money sites for affiliate sales the money started coming in.

I also noticed that PageRank started moving up for my hobby blogs.

I tried a few methods for getting sites ranked but I was following a method that didn't seem to work for me but rather than give up those sites I am refocusing my efforts and changing the niche focus.

It took me a few years, part of which was my heart health, but now I work 5 days a week. M-W-F are blog update days and Tues and Thurs. are days for me to modify sites by adding useful plugins and writing more articles for article directories.

I now have more time, but it took some organizing, to enjoy the money I earn online and the hobbies I love and write about so much.

Life is good.

2. samda

samda Member

Great and this is the life I aspire and I know at one day I would be like you.

Sam

3. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Hi Hobbiesmann,

Like Sam, this is what I would like to do and what I hope I can work at home in the very near future.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks for sharing hobbiesmann. It is always good to hear that things are working after all the work you put into it![​IMG]