ASD Conference Call Summary

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by iggyigette, Aug 1, 2008.

1. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

ASD Team Leader in Minnesota spoke on the conference call:

Don Peterson: "We are on top of it"

There were complaints made to the US Attorney General's Office (Not the Florida AG). In order to protect Consumers, the AG "halted" ASD Operations at this time to give them time to look into ASD's Business Operations. This is considered "Standard Procedure" to protect consumers.

Andy is in Seattle. Spoke to Andy's Daughter Judy Bowdoin who states Andy has a team of Attorneys addressing the issue with the US Attorney General.

Basically, the US Attorney General wants to evaluate ASD, put a Hold on ASD's Business until they are satisfied ASD is not a scam.

The ASD team is confident they will satisfy any concerns the US AG have and expect to be up and running again next week.

Next Conference Call 7 PM (Central Time)

I recorded the Conference Call...let's see if I can get it posted soon
  2. hammerx3

hammerx3 New Member

Thanks Iggy!
  3. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

My take on this is Either one of 2 Scenarios:

1. The US AG will "Clear" ASD as a Legitimate Corporation.

OR

2. Next Business Opportunity Please....
  4. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

iggyigette: My take on this is Either one of 2 Scenarios:

1. The US AG will "Clear" ASD as a Legitimate Corporation.

OR

2. Next Business Opportunity Please....

lol...Way to go out on a limb there Iggy. let's just stay positive.
  5. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

6. tinamariec

tinamariec New Member

Thanks Iggy!
  7. bluedog24

bluedog24 New Member

As crazy as an afternoon and evening this has been, in a weird sort of way, it's all very exciting...
    I compare this to getting hit by a major hurricane...it really sucks your telephone and your power and your life is in complete chaos, but it's a very eventful and hopeful period as well...
    these are the times that make human life worth living for...REACTION.

The good news is, that after this mess, we should all have a definite answer to the underlying question that keeps being brought up, is this company as trustworthy as they claim, and will this company be sustainable? My hope is that it will clear many speculations, and make the "gossipers" lose their credibility...I am sick and tired of day after day reading stupid stupid speculations all over the web...we need TRUTH and FACTS.
    I personally am feeling very positive about this situation...I am in deep suspense right now...let the story roll!!
  8. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

One more Good News:

You don't have to surf tonite!
  9. teydean

teydean New Member

bluedog24: I personally am feeling very positive about this situation...I am in deep suspense right now...let the story roll!!

We are definitely on the same page. I love the suspense!
  10. amabeliever

amabeliever New Member

11. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

This was a helpful Post from another Forum:

Daniel McGonagle // Aug 1, 2008 at 11:08 pm

This isn't a big deal, and it was only a matter of time before mismanagement and delays got the # of complaints to the AG's Office so high that it could no longer be ignored.

Something else you might not know about me, I used to work for an AG's office as an intern in my college days, and despite all the anti-govermnet-bashers out there, fact is... if 10 complaints come in, it's "written off" and put into a pile.

If 1500 complaints come in, it's now a priority matter, and interns like me would get cracking on the paperwork and documenting everything...

Anyways, enough about the less exciting part of my college years

The problem here is this:

AG investigates ASD due to all these complaints.

ASD explains that site was down due to exponential growth and technical issues.

ASD explains to AG that no money is tied up anymore or taken/stolen, that items bought will be reimbursed (remember, the products purchased are hits to sites, even for those with no site to promotel LOL.)

Issue is non-delivery of item purchased, basically.

The real fear is whether or not AG's office looks beyond the issues being reported, which is Item Not Received, and looks towards the business model itself.

If it looks to the business model itself, I think that would be great and here's my opinion on this...

Depending on just how many complaints there were, and the nature of those complaints, the biz model WILL be looked at closely.

Here's why:

People with high hopes for making money doing nothing will not react well when their money isn't credited, so they'll call this a Ponzi in their complaint.

I think many of these complaints will have the word Ponzi associated with it, therefore the biz model will be looked at in addition to the main issue of Items not Received.

Again, with ASD you're purchasing something...Hits To sites (more like clicks) so if the money was paid and items weren't delivered, there's gotta be a good reason for that, which there is,

Ie. Site was down...

Once site is back up and everything is straightened out, site-wise, credits-wise, money-wise, it's the next few weeks and months that will be the nail-biting period here...

This is when the biz model will be looked at, after primary issue is addressed, and one of 3 things will happen here.

1- AG's office say's ASD is A-OK

2- AG's office says ASD is not A-OK and needs to do XYZ to be in compliance

3- Bye-bye ASD, come back when you're truly legitimate, or don't come back ever.

My guess is #2, because Andy's been around a while and wants to make this work in a legitimate way, in my opinion.

Thanks,

Dan
  12. EnjoyingItAll

EnjoyingItAll New Member

Great post Iggy!

I seem to have recalled in the TOC that rebates are not guaranteed and my not last forever.
    This seems like a legal way to protect ASD if something like this happens - re: site being down for extended length of time, unforseen changes in the market or business, ect

I feel that everything will be all right though!

Have a Great Day - We're all on vacation today thanks to the AG!
    (and the site being down - but getting Global Credits! Yahoo!!)

"If your getting to the end of your rope - Hang on tight!"
  13. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Thanks iggy Dan!!![​IMG]

I hope you are right!

Hey guys need stress relief??

Vishal has a whole section on stress management!
    Check it out!
    Thanks Iggy Dan and Vishal !!!

Now I have to go take something for this migraine![​IMG]

Hey if this all does work out lets ALL buy iggy's steak, have a barbecue and drink.......[​IMG]

Terri
  14. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

If it doesn't work out I'm going to take a bite of my own steak
  15. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

bluedog24: The good news is, that after this mess, we should all have a definite answer to the underlying question that keeps being brought up, is this company as trustworthy as they claim, and will this company be sustainable? My hope is that it will clear many speculations, and make the "gossipers" lose their credibility...I am sick and tired of day after day reading stupid stupid speculations all over the web...we need TRUTH and FACTS.
    I personally am feeling very positive about this situation...I am in deep suspense right now...let the story roll!!

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!

If you're scared by this... I recommend dealing with your FEAR:
    Face Everything And Recover
    False Evidence Appearing Real
    or just F... Everything And Run!

This is another AFGO- Another F...ing Growth Opportunity!

Life will bring me what I need to teach me what I need to learn so that I can go where I am meant to go next!!!

Someone said something about if you're at the end of your rope... hang on tighter... I say this is an ideal opportunity to prove to yourself you have by far more staying power (strength to hold on) that you ever imagined! It is only your mind that limits you into thinking you can't hold on any longer... I learnt a while back, it's ok to tell my mind SHUT THE HECK UP! And ask it, WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF YOUR INFORMATION! Fear is based on our past experiences... get present!

Why would ASD go through so much trouble to keep us up to date and informed if they were a scam looking to take advantage of us? Why would they post the reality the way they did if they were a scam? Why would they send attorney's up to the AG's office if they were a scam?

This will put the DOUBT to rest once and for all to even the biggest of skeptics! If you're too skeptical to see this as a positive thing, then you probably need to look at yourself and your reaction - not ASD!

Just my humble opinion! Take what you like and leave the rest!

There is no pit in my life!

I had a thought of UH OH... how much could I be losing here? But I didn't spend more than I was willing to risk... so I still slept like a baby!

Hope this helps those who are feeling less than 100% positive about this!

Now... Iggy... exactly what kinds of steak do you have? I love a nice Fillet Mignon with Bernaise sauce... but if you're doing a search on how to cook steak, I'll take mine raw and cook it myself! I should bottle my Bernaise Sauce and we could have a partnership!

Big Hugs to All of my Fellow ASDers!!! Banded together we can get through this. Don't sit in the quiet alone with your mind messing with you... it only processes it's own information!

Brenda
  16. Caterina

Caterina New Member

Vaussie: Why would ASD go through so much trouble to keep us up to date and informed if they were a scam looking to take advantage of us? Why would they post the reality the way they did if they were a scam? Why would they send attorney's up to the AG's office if they were a scam?

EGGGGGZACTLY......

Along with Iggy's steak, I recommend to anyone who is freaking out.....eat a Chill Pill. Am reminded that my original due diligence on this company - everything I could find out about it BEFORE I bought ad packs....hasn't changed one bit.....that's the bottom line.

Life isn't about the experience so much as it is about our reaction to it. I'd be a big fat liar if I said I didn't have angst.....but the reminder that nothing has changed with this company helps to put that initial fear far, far in the background of my mind (not to mention the reminder that ASD was already investigated once by the AG and found to be fine - why wouldn't it be OK now?).....I

slept deeply and well last night.

By the way.....I'll take MY steak medium rare, please....
  17. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

oh my....I have a Virtual Restaurant Launching soon here on this site...

Who wants to invest in Iggy's steak restaurant?
  18. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

I'll bring Bernaise Sauce and Caesar Salad to the menu!!

Medium Rare for me too... cooked over charcoal! YUM

ASD - Another Steak Dinner!

ASD ASD ASD
  19. Kat

Kat New Member

Vaussie

That cracked me up! Humor is the best medicine (along with wine)
  20. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

lol Some good posts here. Good to keep the spirits high.

And no Kat, not refering to those kinds of spirits! Although, tonight, I may have to "invoke" them. [​IMG]