B2B Sales

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by griffiths, Aug 1, 2007.

1. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to throw a few B2B questions out there...

Do you call and set up an app. or just walk in?

Do you prepurchase a package and sell it to them on the spot, or order it when they pay?

Do you ship the package to their office, or hand deliver?

Do you even show them a full packet or just an overview? (flyers, brochures, etc..)

How about giving them a copy of the DVD?

offer all three levels or restrict it to a specific package?

I would love to hear what successfull directors are doing to close B2B sales.

Thanks.

Brandon

2. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Brandon,
    I know a member of mine who has been very successful with B2B sales said that he has a level 1 on hand and takes all of the Bizzop stuff out of the package so they don't see anything but the travel side of Coastal so as not to confuse them. He would sell them that package right on the spot if he was in front of them but the LARGE majority of his sales were over the phone. He would call and try to talk to the president of the company first since they are the ones who are making the decisions.

3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Brandon,

B2B is my favorite subject. I would say the best thing to do is to be prepared. How about a powerpoint presentation that you can have on your laptop or that you can leave behind with a business owner. I find just walking in and trying to sell is very hard but leaving a presentation is easy. Do you research ahead of time. With the internet these days its easy to find email address and company website so you can learn about the business before you go in.

All of my B2B success has been from doing my research first. It works everytime. Id love to talk in detail about some of the things im putting together. Im thinking of creating a B2B website for Coastal that will have your own video on it. Lets talk soon.

Adam

4. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Is there a DVD for just B2B sales?

Thanks,
    Rhonda

5. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Thanks for input so far [​IMG]

Harold, I like the idea of only showing the retail portion of the package.

Adam, I agree that you must be prepared. The more knowledgable about the company you are, the better you can show how the package will benefit them.

A powerpoint would be a great idea. It would be a lot of work to put one together but once its done you can get unlimited uses out of it!

Rhonda, There is NOT a dvd for just B2B sales (that I know of). What I have done is used some dvd editing software and completly took out the biz opp section of the coastal dvd. That way I can leave the DVD with them and It only shows the retail part.

I think we could make this a very beneficial thread for everyone...Keep the ideas coming!

Brandon

6. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I know on the BOD calls they say new tools will be coming out in Sept so perhaps there will be a tool strictly for B2B. [​IMG]

That would be awesome. I would get a few DVD's...drop them off and go back in a few days to collect a decision and my DVD. [​IMG]

Rhonda

7. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: rhondapThat would be awesome. I would get a few DVD's...drop them off and go back in a few days to collect a decision and my DVD.

Rhonda

AND a check......[​IMG]

Terri

8. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I sure would like some info on holding seminars plus how to set up a booth for different trade shows.

Terri

9. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Terri,

I sent you an email.

Rhonda

10. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: rhondapTerri,

I sent you an email.

Rhonda

Rhonda, there is a wrong email address I have been unable to chge here, please send a pm and I will get it and send you my email address

Thanks!

Terri

11. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Terri,

I can't figure out how to PM from here so send me an email. [​IMG]

Rhonda

12. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Rhonda, it was here:

officialcoastaltraining.com/shows.aspx

Wish Scott Chatron would post how he does the seminars at that hotel in Florida.

I have a built in audience now if I could just get a good presentation together to be entertaining, I think a DVD would be boring wouldn't it?

Terri

13. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Has anyone found a particular industry to be more receptive than others? (i.e. car dealerships, day spas, etc...)

Brandon

14. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Good question Brandon. [​IMG]

Rhonda

15. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: luvtravelWish Scott Chatron would post how he does the seminars at that hotel in Florida

Hi Terri,

It's coming.

Jay NaPier

16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: jnapierHi Terri,

It's coming.

Jay NaPier

Really? That will be fantastic, I am a big fan of Scott, Jay, Jeff, they are marketing guru's and when either one of them speak.....I listen!

Terri

17. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I find car dealerships the hards as they have been pitched by everyone already. The best way to go is to join your Chamber of Commerce and work to make relationships that way. If you go out from b2b then be prepared. You have to be able to make a good impression from the start and show them how its of value to them to do business with you.

Adam

18. joesosa

joesosa New Member

Please, how do you best handle these B2B problems:
    1- When a business has an advertising agency and they refer you to them, since "they take care of promotions, etc"...

Now, since the Ad agency gets no commission from me, they may slack, or asume they know best, or play hard to get or asks for a brochure or a proposal... but no appointment yet with the Acct, Excecutive and since I call 3 times and no more...what then...lose the prospect?, or go over the AD agency's head and try my darnest to see the head honcho od the business?

19. joesosa

joesosa New Member

2-Anybody with experience giving conferences on employee/customer to associations with a lot of businessmen such as Chamber of Commerce, Lions Clubs, Rotary Clubs, etc? ... Care to share your experiences?

20. joesosa

joesosa New Member

Since Ad agencies have a lot of influence over their clients and our product is pretty good to create traffic, sales, good will, image, increase sales, etc., etc....Has anybody tried to sell the Platinum (in my opinion the only option for big-bucks clients like banks, insurance cos., car dealers, etc.) to the Account Executives individually so that they in turn can sell to their clients and make loads of money?...