bad news

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by hutch1c, Aug 5, 2008.

1. hutch1c

hutch1c New Member

The United States Attorney's Office in Washington, DC has released a press release calling AdSurfDaily a "massive internet-based wire fraud scheme" akin to a "Ponzi scheme masked as an advertising company." Ponzi schemes operate under the principle that money from new investors is used to pay off earlier investors until the whole scheme collapses.

The federal government has seized two homes, in Florida and South Carolina, and about $53 million, according to U.S Attorney Jeffrey A. Taylor and U.S. Secret Service Special Agent in Charge John Mrha in Orlando.

2. paxkine

paxkine New Member

link please....

3. phiwilli

phiwilli New Member

4. vickyS

vickyS New Member

I just checked the department of Justice website pressrelease, there is nothing about ASD. Suggestion: next time somebody post a factual announcement, please provide a link or prove as was suggested by paxkine.

5. vickyS

vickyS New Member

I've seen it on Talahasee.com, but there is nothing on US AG web page.
    Anybody knows what is the standard procedure in the case like that, shouldn't US Dept of Justice anounce it first?

6. hutch1c

hutch1c New Member

7. antwan

antwan New Member

The link is there and verified through the Tallahassee Democrat website. It's over. Now what happens with the $53 million. Is there any chance of getting money back?

8. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

Game over. Good to hear they have 53 million. Everyone should get a good chunk of money back.

9. Caterina

Caterina New Member

No, it ISN'T over......we're simply beginning the process of investigation....I'm actually glad to hear they're calling it a ponzi scheme, because that tells ME they aren't understanding, yet, how ASD works.....

IN the meantime, they've shut it down and seized assets until they get to the bottom of it.

The IRS does the exact same thing.........

10. Kinglions175

Kinglions175 New Member

Caterina, how can you be so sure even now? The U.S. attorney general has declared it a ponzi. Am I missing something?

11. panman

panman New Member

This is unreal!! SECRET SERVICE involved?? What the heck is going on here?? I mean, - - SECRET SERVICE?? What are we dealing with here?
    Is this a BIG global terrorist case??

All I can say is I was so happy with my advertising through both ASD and Golden Panda.

[Link removed - Admin]

12. SixMinuteMan

SixMinuteMan New Member

13. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

Will see if there is a Conference Call tonite...

14. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Caterina: No, it ISN'T over......we're simply beginning the process of investigation....I'm actually glad to hear they're calling it a ponzi scheme, because that tells ME they aren't understanding, yet, how ASD works.....

IN the meantime, they've shut it down and seized assets until they get to the bottom of it.

The IRS does the exact same thing.........

CORRECT!!! And this is also in the press release

This matter is an ongoing investigation. No one has been criminally charged at this point
    and every defendant is presumed innocent until and unless found guilty.

Most of us here are members of ASD. With a few exceptions, of members whose money has been delayed (not stolen - delayed) we have all had something good back from this company - advertising results, better traffic, contacts, sales and purchses and of course cash rebates on our advertising purchases.

This is just the beginning not the end. This company has been good to us and is a good honest company. The fact that the State has become involved does not make them right as many of you here will know only too well.

Now is the time for us demonstrate our support for Andy Bowdoin and AdSurfDaily. And stop waiting for the other guy to move first.

15. Caterina

Caterina New Member

Kinglions175: Caterina, how can you be so sure even now? The U.S. attorney general has declared it a ponzi. Am I missing something?

What alasycia (Jenny) said.....smile......

16. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

Bottom line, Andy is not the "good guy" we all thought he was. Felony charges in the past and many other things. We were scammed and it's finally time to admit it. We trusted he was doing things legally and legit and it just came back to bite us.

17. edenmarie

edenmarie New Member

Seems to me a lot of people are jumping ship awfully quick. Im still standing behind ASD. Good things can happen.

18. nkelly

nkelly New Member

alasycia: This is just the beginning not the end. This company has been good to us and is a good honest company. The fact that the State has become involved does not make them right as many of you here will know only too well.

Jenny, surely you are more intelligent than that! Please don't let the side down. Any scheme that involves paying the people from new people joining is a Ponzi. It may be a watered down, covered up, partially legal scheme, but a Ponzi is a Ponzi and for those that got in early they were lucky. They, however, prospered at the expense of the new entrants and those that are hurt are the ones who lost their investment when the government shut it down (like me).
    Think about it Jen. REALLY THINK!!!! You must have done the numbers, you must have worked out the targets that ASD had to meet to pay out their rebates. If it was so sustainable, why didn't a million other schemes just like it pop up. Why can't you start your own? You don't need ANY money.
    To hear you defending the scheme to the bitter end is a bit embarrassing! I have lost $7,000 at this stage and am hoping that I will be refunded part of it in the years to come, but others have lost a lot more.
    My advice to everyone "waiting" for this to come back to life because they "need it" is go find a proper way to earn a living! This was at best a way to make fast buck while it lasted and its time to look for another one if that's your goal! Even if by some miracle it does come back to life, it should never be anyone's long term prospect for a steady income. There are countless MLM companies that offer true business potential to work hard, make a dollar and sustain an income. Look at Quixtar! This was never like that. They had nothing to sell, no other possible form of income that could sustain the kind of profits they were touting.
    I am sure that Andy is a very nice guy. I am sure he thought he was doing nothing technically illegal (nor his lawyers) and maybe they will not charge anyone, but the government really should protect the consumer from such crazy schemes that will at some point hurt the investor. That's what we pay taxes for!
    Comparing this to the likes of Google, which has from the outset offered a genuine tangible service or product, is almost farcical.
    Sorry if the truth hurts but I had to say something.

19. WhiteSox

WhiteSox New Member

Boy everyone, Andy did a number on 100K plus people. Just read through the civil complaint and if anyone here hasn't read it, you need to see it. Andy turns out to be a complete and utter fraud and it even mentions him planning on buying a place out of the country. How he and others can use God to position themselves to deceive for profit is gut wrenching. I agree I was taken by this bunch and their lies. Kudos now to the Internet warriors who tried so hard to stop this before even more people suffered. I believed this man and his plan and feel like a complete moron. Justice should be served and action swift for all the people who had a master plan to steal. I just figured at some point the rebates would go away and I would have gotten tons of hits and hopefully my money back. Stupid me and others for getting duped by a supposed God fearing man. Shame on him! Apologies for all the die hard bashers who tried to warn us!

http://tallahassee.com/assets/pdf/CD11468785.PDF

20. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

I still got to go through that 100 pages of the complaint