Banner Advertising

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by BillChechel, Jun 7, 2008.

1. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

I have had some good success with Banner advertising lately. I just need to increase my banner impressions without lowering my overall conversions with them.

Just wanted to hear some input on how others have found good locations for their banners. I know there is alot of years experience on this forum. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Where have you been placing them and do you make your own? or do have them made somewhere? I admit that I am a little behind on that one but have wondered about it....[​IMG]

3. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

The banners are supplied for me by the company I am with.

In the past I have placed them on high ranking generic search websites. I would just search a term and find a website in the top of that term and try to get my banner placed there.

It has been working fine but alot of the top ranking pages do not allow banner ads. I was just trying to tap into a different avenue of finding good websites to advertise on.

4. Thugfried

Thugfried New Member

You said you've been trying top ranking generic sites... maybe try going a bit in the other direction with more specific site (more focused/relevant search terms) Granted such terms may receive a lot less traffic (lowered # of impressions) but your most wanted action (click through rate) may take quite a rise if what you're promoting is very relevant to what the visitor at that sight is looking at/for. But this isn't anything revolutionary, and I'm sure you've already thought/tried this [​IMG]

Also, I think success varies greatly depending on what niche/genre you're advertising. Some topics can draw clicks and conversions easily, while others seem far more finicky.

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I know that a lot of Adsense users will intereweave their ads within their text to get maximum click throughs. Maybe you can try a similar approach with banners.

6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

How much do you pay for the banner ads?

7. netmadewealth

netmadewealth New Member

Hi Bill,

You might consider the benefits of adding your own voice and personality to the tools provided by the company.
    It takes a bit of work but it is well worth the effort.

All your links take me directly to the affiliate program that you are promoting. They all seem to be automatically generated and lack personal touch.

Also, this means that all/most of the company's affiliates are promoting the same site/blog, or other tools that the company provides you with.

Since you say that your banners are supplied by the company too, it is safe to assume that there are quite a few similar banners in circulation, so people may have already formed and associated an opinion about the program. This will subconsciously decide whether they'll click on the banner or not.

On the other hand. If you put up your own website and create your own banners, they are guaranteed to be unique, and therefore will not be pre-blocked by the subconscious.

Your own site, even just the one webpage, gives the reader your perspective of the program.

But most importantly, it builds your very own brand name ??“ not the company's brand name.

All the best.

Noah