Beginners advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by gthutch, Jun 26, 2009.

1. gthutch

gthutch New Member

Hi, my name is Garrison and I am somewhat new to the working at home community. I am 19 years old, so I lack experience in the jobs, but have a large desire to get something stable started. I am very computer savvy and have some experience in sales from Kirby vacuums, but besides that my only experience as a teenager was working in kitchens, which is near to irrelevant in the working at home aspect. If anyone out there has any advice on any specific type of job online to make a decent income, please give me some advice! I have good people skills over the phone and have applied for many CSR positions I have seen. I have money to invest into business opportunities, but do not want to be scammed.

Thank you!
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi Garrison and welcome. Boy, I wish I woulda found online marketing when I was your age.[​IMG]

I heartily commend you for what you have accomplished already.[​IMG]

A lot of us on the forum do what is called affiliate marketing but just like Christina above , there are also those that do mlm or some kind of home business where you do more recruiting type of thing.

I have done both...just do your research to see what best fits your needs.[​IMG]
  3. businessworks

businessworks New Member

Hi Garrison, I'm new to online marketing to although Im WAYYY older than you LOL. I've tried it before and quit because I didn't join a program that was legitimate, I fell for those stupid get rich quick deals. I wish I'd found something that was legit years ago and stuck with it, maybe now I wouldn't have to be working so hard ! Just do a lot of research and don't jump into the first think you come across, there are a ton of great opportunities out there, but they take work and you won't get rich quick, but you will get out of the program what you put in so....Stick with it and don't give up !
  4. mediafreak

mediafreak New Member

always have a solid business lpan. if it is too good to be true or if the money seems to be coming from nowhere, that has all the makings of an economic bubble. a lot of common sense will take you a long way [​IMG]
  5. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

Find something you like and stick with it. Only way to fail is if you quit so don't make that an option. Once you find a business you love make sure you have a viable way to obtain customers. If you can do that then the reps will come. Many of your customers will become reps also.
  6. thebart

thebart New Member

Jeff is absolutly correct. It comes down wif you are able to find something and stick with it. If you are committed and willing to invest the time and energy to succeed, you will succeed. Use this and any of the other site out there to pick your tool and then do everything you can to start seeing the dollars pile up.
  7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Try freelance writing, people are always looking for content writers
  8. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Hi Garrison,

Welcome. [​IMG] It's GREAT that you 1) have good people skills and 2) are computer savvy. Those things in themselves put you in a great position (depending on what type of work at home situation you end up in).

For instance, if you go for mlm programs, the people skills will come in handy. If you go for affiliate marketing, the computer skills will help. There are many different flavours to this work at home thing, so you have to dig a bit, and ask questions to get a gauge for which type best suits you personally then narrow things down from there.

And mediafreak is very right - be weary of the offers and companies that are offering things that sound too good to be true. Also, you're in a good position now because you can bring your questions here and get honest answers from a community of people who know what it's like to be starting out and unsure about this system or that track, etc.
  9. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Garrison,

Best thing to do when you're just starting out is to sign up for the free 30 Day Challenge. You can read a bit about it on our forum here:

Thirty Day Challenge

It'll give you a nice partial overview of what is involved in online marketing.

I don't think it starts until August but several of our members are enrolled.

In the mean time you can dig through previous threads on our forum and read from make money online sites. I wouldn't spend any money just yet.

Welcome to the forum,

~Newbie Shield~
  10. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

welcome to this forum.There is so much help and advise on here for you to ask questions on making an online income or just general chat.
  11. PavelBecker

PavelBecker New Member

jeffathome: Find something you like and stick with it. Only way to fail is if you quit so don't make that an option. Once you find a business you love make sure you have a viable way to obtain customers. If you can do that then the reps will come. Many of your customers will become reps also.
    Jeff is absolutely correct.

Might've been useful to explain every sentence for a newbe, not everybody can get the gist of such a precise information, especially being a beginner in this business, but, yes, find something that you like.

There are tons of products for every niche and every direction, but if you have some personal emotions attached to it, you will be very successful at marketing it to others.

Exposure by itself is not going to be enough, but the passion - that's what people will believe.

You can get the passion only through your personal experience and your own emotions attached to the product.

Good luck!

Pavel Becker