Best Advice To affiliates

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, Jun 1, 2011.

1. talfighel Silver Member

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post this here and to let all of you here who are promoting work at home affiliate programs.

You guys and ladies need to know that if you are not promoting products that can make you extra money from upsells, you are leaving money on the table.

A new customer is more likely to buy more products and instead of them earning you one sale, you can make 3-5 extra sales from one single customer.

Instead of making $37 from that one customer, you can earn up to $300 or more depending on what the upsells are and how much they earn you.

You can find products like that on clickbank.
  2. JackDProvost New Member

That is true! However Don't you hate it when you buy a product then find out after you spent $50 that you have to spend $250 more just for the first product to work like the one being shown to you in the video.. I HATE THAT! [IMG] -Just my opinion.
  3. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

JackDProvost: However Don't you hate it when you buy a product then find out after you spent $50 that you have to spend $250 more just for the first product to work like the one being shown to you in the video..
    Absolutely! And I think this particularly strategy is being used to such extent by marketers now that the whole setup appears to extract as much as possible from the customers rather than provide real value. In the end of the sales process you get a feeling that you have been taken for a ride.
  4. JackDProvost New Member

I agree 100% Vish.. In fact I personally feel straight ripped off.. It is crazy when they show some killer program that automatically makes money in 24hrs with the push of a button.. then come to find out instead of the $50 program you bought "you thought was the real deal" come to find out is a joke! It is like a shell of the real program! Then in order to get the one they show in the video you have to spend $300+ on top of the $50 you already spent!

Let me put it this way.. I AM NOT YOUR PIGGY BANK! [IMG]

Personally they really lost a lot of my faith when they introduced upsells.. JUST GIVE ME WHAT I PAID FOR! [IMG]
  5. talfighel Silver Member

JackDProvost: I agree 100% Vish.. In fact I personally feel straight ripped off.. It is crazy when they show some killer program that automatically makes money in 24hrs with the push of a button.. then come to find out instead of the $50 program you bought "you thought was the real deal" come to find out is a joke! It is like a shell of the real program! Then in order to get the one they show in the video you have to spend $300+ on top of the $50 you already spent!

Let me put it this way.. I AM NOT YOUR PIGGY BANK!

Personally they really lost a lot of my faith when they introduced upsells.. JUST GIVE ME WHAT I PAID FOR!

I know you hate that but that is the secret of how to earn even more money with upsells. That is how the GURUS do it.

Take a look at some companies who do this all the time.

Mcdonald's: You buy a meal and then when you are done, the person asks you if you would like to have a hot apple pie with that order? That's an upsell.

Here in Canada, we have Tim Horton's. I go to buy coffee a lot there because I love the French Vanilla and English Toffee coffee. Right after I order that, the lady asked me if I want a donut with that. That is an upsell.

Got a new laptop. The person, right after that sale, asked me if I want to buy a wireless mouse for it for $xx. That is an upsell.

So everywhere you go, companies and people want to sell you more then you bought. Nothing wrong with that. People hate that but it is just the name of the game.
  6. robinincarolina Silver Member

An upsell is something you can say no to and still get value. If it loses it's value, well then it crosses into scam??? Right or Wrong???

I mean I can order a burger and small fry and small drink and still be full without the super size or apple pie. If on the other hand I order a program and find I have to have something else to make it work, well I am simply not full.
  7. JackDProvost New Member

Thank you Robin My point Exactly. Basically I want what I paid for and if there is something that can add value then yeah I might purchase it.. but dont tell me I am getting the whole shubang then come to find out I need these other programs to make the first one work like it shows in the video..

Here is my deal.. I basically buy a program with the intent on buying all the upgrades for it once the main program actually makes me money or whatever else it promises.. but there is no way in gods green earth am I going to shell out hundreds of dollars and not know if it is going to be of any value.. you kind of lost my trust when I purchased the product then found out I need this this and this just to make it work like it shows!

HOWEVER If I do purchase a product and it works great like shown in the video then DARN straight I am going to buy all the upgrades! That way everything works that much better..

See the problem is right now everyone thinks they need to add upsells so they can make money.. NO we dont we need to focus on value! Having something of value is what makes the difference.

This kind of ties into this discussion
    Does it pay to be honest?

Please do not take this as I am bashing on what you have to say.. I am just stating my opinion about how this kind promotion makes me feel. Now imagine I am your consumer.. that means this is how your consumers feel.
  8. JackDProvost New Member

Now hand me something of value with the option for some killer upgrades once the first program works like a charm! Then sure! I am all in [IMG]

Just dont tell me I am getting a goose that lays golden eggs.. then deliver a duck that lays garbage after I buy it.

Now in the same note if you sell me a goose that lays golden eggs then offer me 3 more for a couple dollars more then heck yes I am going to take it [IMG]
  9. Ernest Morse New Member

I agree, up-sells do work when they are done properly.

Making someone pay for something then saying they have to buy this or that to make it work seems like a scam to me.

If you are going to make lots of money online then up-sells (backend sales) are the way to go. It is designed that way for leverage.

But do your own due diligence before promoting or buying products, a little research goes a long ways to saving wasted time and money down the road.
  10. kenwrites New Member

Sell your customers products that you would or have purchased yourself. Offer them value the first time. You've instilled a trust factor with them. When you have something else of value and offer it, they are more likely to purchase from you again.

There are some great products across many niches that have upsells. Unfortunately, new marketers and ones looking for a quick buck never bother to research what they are offering. This results in a bad customer experience and bad word of mouth advertising.