Best Free Traffic Resources?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by netjobs, Mar 13, 2006.

1. netjobs

netjobs Member

What you people doing for getting free traffic resources for your websites... ?

so for my strategy and traffic for sites:

i. Link exchanging from relevant sites
    ii. Getting some results in MSN and Yahoo (so for not in Google)
    iii. Forum Signatures
    iv. Free Classifieds

and any more else for Free Traffic...? can exchange here and hope to help each others... [​IMG]
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Writing and submitting articles to article directories and websites.
  3. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

I hope its okay to post this. I recently wrote an article about the top ways to get traffic to your site for free at [Sorry! Link removed - Admin]
    One nifty little trick that I did not include in the list: Include your website on your ebay listings. Do you know how many people see those listings everyday?

Connie
  4. walker

walker New Member

Post on appropriate forums and include in your post link to matching page of your site about theme. For example, if you have site about flowers, find some forum about flowers...
  5. netjobs

netjobs Member

Quoting: walkerPost on appropriate forums and include in your post link to matching page of your site about theme. For example, if you have site about flowers, find some forum about flowers...

So, you have come to the right forum discussing about Weight Loss Programs... [​IMG] [​IMG] (just kidding)
  6. walker

walker New Member

Quoting: netjobsSo, you have come to the right forum discussing about Weight Loss Programs... (just kidding)
    Maybe not this time although overweight people visiting every forum, but targeted visitors are best visitors, right? [​IMG]
    They are visitors who are willing to buy also some products on your site. If you just drive not targeted traffic, that visitors will only increase your bandwidth and expenses.
    And one more thing. Backlinks from APPROPRIATE forums will increase link popularity of your site. That is one more benefit.
  7. Quoting: walkerAnd one more thing. Backlinks from APPROPRIATE forums will increase link popularity of your site. That is one more benefit.
    Hey walker,

This is very true, not only with forums, but other websites, blogs that are related to your own site.

Joe
  8. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

So are webrings passe??

Put a contest of some sort on your site and they will come - offer a free eBook, prize or service -
  9. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Partnering up sites is a proven in the marketing world of websites - I've done it sometimes to great success. You always have to make it attractive to the other party, if you want to partner up they will be more established and so you will want them more than they want you.

Try to get "strong" links without being competition - this means you'll be getting targetted traffic, and even if you don't your PR will increase.
  10. PolskaSurf

PolskaSurf New Member

Personally I use TrafficSwarm, TS25, and actually a whole list of others which I have saved in an HTML file so that I can open them all start getting traffic everyday! [​IMG]
  11. cathy_ysh

cathy_ysh New Member

Quoting: JonathanPartnering up sites is a proven in the marketing world of websites

Can you recommend some methods of partnering up with some established website?
  12. diamonddust417

diamonddust417 New Member

What i'm planning on doing is, whenever I see someone with a similar site to mine I just email them and ask them! just say it is a "if you like this site....then you might want to check out these other sites" type of deal.
  13. RainMkr

RainMkr New Member

There is FreeAdDepot and the brand new TargetAdsDepot. FAD is ranking under 10,000 so TAD should also do well.
  14. nik3189

nik3189 New Member

hi could anybody here make me understand what Free Classifieds actually are???
  15. Vishal P. Rao

Free Classifieds are sites that allow you to place your classified ads for free.
  16. nik3189

nik3189 New Member

hey vishal can you give me list of some site that have such facility....

And ads of what type...means only sites which sell products of their own..those sites ads.....???

OR like there is any content site, that site's ad can also be given with its tittle and description about what all content it contains.

Please could you explain me??
  17. netjobs

netjobs Member

Quoting: nik3189And ads of what type...means only sites which sell products of their own..those sites ads.....???

it could be anything, whether ur site or ur affiliate link.. just like a local newspaper classifieds... just visit these sites and check how the ads are presented... and you will get an idea..

www.usfreeads.com
    www.adpost.com
    www.inetgiant.com

if u want more free classifieds sites, just type "Free Classifieds" in google or if u have any specific category type "Free Classifieds" category... ex. "Free Classifieds" Pets (it depends upon ur advertisement)

- Jai
  18. Vishal P. Rao

I think Jai's post should clarify your doubts Nikhil.
  19. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

the irony of the whole free classifieds thing is that the people who read them are mostly doing so because they are promoting something and have no ad budget. They want free stuff, precisely because they have no money to get stuff that isn't free.

Advertising on free classified sites is most successful if we promote free resources, tools, etc. You may recruit a new person for your downline here and there, its true, but unless you are leading with the irresistable concept of FREE, you are trying to squeeze honey from a turnip.

This is my opinion. I'm not broke and I don't put a lot of energy into posting or reading free classifeds, with one exception...Veretekk classifeds accept HTML code and never expire. Voila! free permanent inbound links to my websites.

By focussing on getting something for nothing (ie. free ads) we attract exactly the people who are looking for the same: something for nothing. Free classifieds are among the most awkward and inefficient ways of promoting any business online. When we look at the time we spend chasing free ad opportunities and realize that the same time can be put to use:

- producing content
    -ie. forum posts, articles, blogs
    - getting links
    -generating leads
    -talking to business prospects,

etc. I know for a fact that a lot of people are spinning their wheels with internet marketing when, if they knew how, they could be focussing that same energy on income-generating activities.
  20. justinack

justinack New Member

Writing articles using keyword combinations for your title and content and posting them in relevant categories will help build your inward links. Post one article to as many article sites as you can find then write a new one and start again. If people enjoyed or found your article interested then they may click through to your website link. It will definetly improve your link popularity and go a long way to geting you listed well in the serps.

Start a blog, post all your articles and ping your blog .

You can compliment this by posting to directories once again use a few keywords in title and description to help boast your link popularity.

Network with other webmasters exchange links with them if you have two site of a similar theme or related then link from one to the other and offer other webmasters a one way link to their site if the ypost a link back to your other.

Reciprocal linking is not as effective as it used to be for link popularity but people will still click through from your link if they are interested in your sites description.

Use some link exchanges check they have not been de indexed by google first just use the relevant links don't get tempted to take every link on offer . Google in particular is going through changes and sites with these type links may get penalised.

Start your own directory host it on your site or better yet on a sub domain then all links you exchange will be one way, in for you and in for the webmasters you exchange with. Work on increasing the pr of your directory to make it an attractive linking proposal for other web masters.

If you'd like some details about any of these steps then I have some info on each in my site.

[Link removed - Admin]