Best method to promoting a website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by wanda, Dec 16, 2005.

1. wanda

wanda New Member

Hello there,
    What is the best method to promoting a website?
    I have one, but basically its there and thats it.

thanks
    wanda
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hi Wanda,

In a nutshell: The best method to promote a website is the method that delivers the best results.

That could be any (or all) of the many methods currently available. Plus there are several factors that would play a role in determining which approach might work best for you. Some of these are:

- the product/service to be promoted
    - the market to which the promotion is aimed
    - the purpose of the promotion
    - the size of your promotional budget
    - the time-frame within which you expect to see results, and much more

There are many promotional tools and strategies you could use, including search engines, ezines, ebooks, articles, testimonials, banners, link exchanges, email, opt-in lists, per-per-click, autoresponders, joint ventures, solo ads, word of mouth, classifieds, newspapers, radio, television and so on.

The ONLY way to know for sure is to test. Try as many different promotional methods as you can afford and track the results to see which delivers the most bang for your buck.

Hermas
  3. philena30

philena30 New Member

Well.. I'm getting alot of positive feedback from blogging, and it's free to try 1st
  4. Susan

Susan New Member

Hi there, I'm interested in promoting my website as well....

Can you help me a little bit more?What's blogging?

Thanks

Susan
  5. philena30

philena30 New Member

Quoting: SusanCan you help me a little bit more?What's blogging?

Thanks

Susan
    No problem. I just made a new blog for newbies to help them promote their businesses.
    Earn Free Leads
  6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

A weblog or blog is an online publication with regular posts, presented in reverse chronological order.

How blogs differ from traditional sites

A blog has certain attributes that distinguish it from a standard web page, including these:

- It allows for easy creation of new pages: new data is entered into a simple form (usually with the title, the category, and the body of the article) and then submitted. Automated templates take care of adding the article to the home page, creating the new full article page (Permalink), and adding the article to the appropriate date- or category-based archive.

- It allows for easy filtering of content for various presentations - by date, category, author, or other attributes.

- It (usually) allows the administrator to invite and add other authors, whose permissions and access are easily managed.

* Source

To check out sample blogs, visit:
    http://www.blogwise.com/
  7. Trinale

Trinale New Member

Hi Wanda,

If you have a decent budget, solo ads and pay-per-click search engines would be a good bet.

If you're trying to keep it free, traffic exchanges and [meaniful] forum posts would be a good start.

Cheers,

Edward Gause
    Internet Marketing for Beginners
    [Signature removed. Please edit your preferences to update your signature - Admin]
  8. Julio Saltos

Julio Saltos New Member

Hello,

I have just started part time internet marketing business.I am getting huge traffic everyday in my site but my income does not keep pace with increase visitors.what measure should I adopt so that they can convert into revenue.

With best regards

Julio Saltos

[Links removed - Admin]
  9. netjobs

netjobs Member

Quoting: Julio SaltosI have just started part time internet marketing business.I am getting huge traffic everyday in my site but my income does not keep pace with increase visitors.what measure should I adopt so that they can convert into revenue.

How much you are earning with adsense?
  10. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only person on this forum who asked, 'What is blogging'? [​IMG]

I also find that joining webrings and mailing lists of other 'like' sites also gets attention.
  11. cathy_ysh

cathy_ysh New Member

Quoting: Julio SaltosHello,

I have just started part time internet marketing business.I am getting huge traffic everyday in my site but my income does not keep pace with increase visitors.what measure should I adopt so that they can convert into revenue.

Study on your product, see if anything you can improve from there. Some other factors maybe the layour design of your website, is it easy to navigate, is your content relevant to what visitors are searching for? etc. [​IMG] some ideas from me.

Best regards
  12. jobvisa

jobvisa Guest

Hello to all,

Best method to promote site is to make it search engine friendly.

Julio Saltos
  13. sarpras

sarpras New Member

Participating online discussion forum is one of the best method for web promotion. I will used this method, my alexa rank now 96,562.
  14. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Quoting: WhitePhoenix
    I also find that joining webrings and mailing lists of other 'like' sites also gets attention

Can you please tell me what webrings are?
    Thank you,
    Susan
  15. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Hi Susan, Webrings are a group of websites, usually belonging to the same theme. They are linked to each other and users can navigate through all the websites in the ring through a navigation bar displayed on the website. You might have observed some websites displaying a navigation bar at the bottom that has links "Previous/Next websites in this webring".
  16. jimlp

jimlp New Member

I agree with many on this poll here. I believe traffic exchanges are a good start for newbies, but you need to set yourself up properly using a multiple traffic exchange which most of them I have found quite good and are free to use.

I also have been using forums of recent and has proven effective also. Surprisingly, ffa and classified ads sites using reverse marketing tactics to generate leads inconjuct with daisy-chaining linking into place for search engine optimization and is slowly picking up in traffic and highly targeted.

For bloggs I cant personaly say they work my trainers say they rely on them heavily for massive traffic. They got me on blogger, but traffic does not come instantly. Blogging requires frequent updating with lots of rich unique content, which builds over time before any results come of them.

Jim Labra

Preview my last post here
  17. netjobs

netjobs Member

Also, Blogs are quickly indexed by google, that's pretty much important for free traffic... if u already own a site and having some good content, openup a blog account and put the contents on the blog and submit to blog SE's, you can see some good results from Google SE in quicker than before...
  18. pegasus

pegasus New Member

Hi

I have to agree with net job so are forums as this one I posted here on the 19th and it has already been indexed by goole
  19. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

What a second, pegasus... you posted here and it showed up in a google index? How does that happen?

Am I just archaic or what? And how did you find out that your post had been indexed?
  20. netjobs

netjobs Member

Quoting: WhitePhoenixhow did you find out that your post had been indexed?

This forum is in good position in google for work at home related keyword phrases, you can check out some old and few new posts indexed by google, for one example...

Any other Autosurf programs try this keyword phrase in google and you can see its in first position...

even this thread we are talking is also indexed by google, you can check this keyword Best method to promoting a website and you can find in 5th position, so its clear that this forum is quite indexing by google in a regular period...