Best method to promoting a website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by wanda, Dec 16, 2005.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze New Member

Hi Wanda,

I rehashed an existing website some 3 months ago, with the aim of getting it search engine friendly and linking to as many other sites as possible. I concentrated on linking mainly to sites having a similar theme to my own. I also introduced Adsense to the site.

When I first uploaded this modified site, I was around 4 million+ in Alexa. Today I am at position 546,459.

I am working on the theory that the more links I have and the more I optimize my site, the better will be my position on the search engines. A better position should bring more traffic to my site.

I am making some money daily with Adsense - not a lot at this stage - but it's coming along.

Bob
  2. krazykat_nz

krazykat_nz New Member

Well I must say that I have had alot of sussess with googles Adwords... its great because you get targeted advertising, which to me just makes sense! I mean if your traffic comes through an adwords link you can at least guarantee that the person is interested in what you have to sell or promote... otherwise they wouldn't have clicked. Adwords are really easy to set up and pretty cost effective too... large or small promotion budget! We like Adwords![​IMG]
  3. ebay_addict

ebay_addict New Member

blog, write articles, post on forums. Those are the best free methods to get traffic!
  4. inter

inter New Member

Payperclick search engines are the best way to get immediate traffic to a website.
  5. vickie

vickie New Member

I am one of many in a new company and am looking for other ways to promote my site. I am using Google Adwords and I am posting on related message boards and forums but so is everyone else in the company. I have a very very small budget to work with any ideas??

Thank You
  6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Increase the content on your website, you will get more visitors from search engines
  7. iceman001972

iceman001972 New Member

Quoting: ebay_addictblog, write articles, post on forums. Those are the best free methods to get traffic!

I agree totally with this, its helped my business grow substantially.

For article submission you can find a free article submitter on my site below. The submitter comes with 450 article directories to load onto the submitter.

Cheers,
    Brice
  8. andreasn

andreasn New Member

What does blog SE and Google SE stand for?...thanks
  9. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Blog SE stands for Blog Search Engine (blogsearch.google.com,search.blogger.com). And Google SE stands for Google Search Engine.
  10. lelabrown

lelabrown New Member

[​IMG] Hi all!
    I'm a newbie here,and I'm taking notes like crazy! ANy input is so very welcome and thank you all for the posts here;it is appreciated

Lela
    [Link removed - Admin]
    good reading{any advisement is welcome}
    free ads as well
  11. UncleLarry

UncleLarry New Member

You know that getting your website noticed is hard, in fact, real hard to accomplish without the money to promote it. They say that search engine optimization, blogging, free traffic exchanges, writing articles, and paid leads all get results, and they do to some extent, but let's face it, anybody here talking about it probably isn't really successful because if they were, they wouldn't have time to be in a work at home forum in the first place, including me. I make no bones about the fact that I have tried to market my promotions free if possible, to little or no avail. The problem as I see it is branding YOU. Unless you have a brand that people will recognize each and every time they see your name, your picture, your voice, your logo, or your website, people just aren't going to remember you. Take me for instance, who in the h3ll is going to remember "Uncle Larry". Only my nieces and nephews, that's who, unless, and it really is a long shot, you try something entirely different from what everyone else is doing, like pounding on the keyboard for four and five years straight, paying your dues, like quite frankly I think everyone should do. People these days, especially newbies are under the pretense that internet marketing is easy and fun, all you have to do is sign up to "someone else's" site and earn an income. Well it's just not that easy cuz' if it was, everybody would be doing it. Wait, there is something different and unique that we can do. That's the type of mindset you need in this business. You need something completely different, like uh, how about a new domain?
  12. UncleLarry

UncleLarry New Member

BTW, I cut myself off do to some time restraints, you know the drill, phone calls, people knocking on the door, dinner burning, lol, anyways...

website promotion is about persistence. Solid work ethics, integrity, discipline, perserverence, and most of all trust.

"STICK OUT"

like a sore thumb, make waves, cause excitement, make friends, build relationships...

People need to see your ad, your post, your article, your blog, your picture, whatever it is you are "blasting", and I mean blast it until it literally explodes into the minds of the viewer.

You'll notice the picture on my site below.

That's me "Uncle Larry".

Aren't I the most handsome dude in Tennessee? lol Just kidding of course, way too much age on this guy to be good looking, but what do you see? Maybe some wisdow in that grey beard and some insight through those blue eyes. Hopefully I'm creating a "brand", an image, a name that will stick in the public eye. The name Uncle Larry has stuck in my nieces and nephews minds, why not your's? It's all about the image. A picture is worth a thousand words, more than that, a thousand advertisements.

Splatter your picture across the internet for a while and see how your internet presence begins to increase. My point is how long it really takes to get your site exposed to the point of profitability. It will seem like an eternity while you're in the trenches grinding it out.
    But don't quit, keep your vision, be real, and most importantly, be there for someone when they need your help.

What comes around goes around, ying and yang, the universal laws of giving and receiving, whatever title or spin you put on it, it's all true.

ALWAYS help those who need it if you can, and good things will come your way.

It REALLY does work...

Be yourself.

Now click my link below and submit your website free.
    A gift from me for having to put up with my ramblings.

To Your Success,

Larry Christenson a.k.a. Uncle Larry
  13. UncleLarry

UncleLarry New Member

Quoting: sbucciarelWell, you've got to get it into the search engines so that people can find it.
    Getting your site in the search engines is important and I don't ever discourage "getting it in the search engines". What I am saying is that SEO, (search engine optimization) isn't the ONLY way to get your site seen by the search bots that spider websites.

By writing articles, blogging, video blogging, and participating in the forums such as Yahoo Answers for instance, can get you noticed and noticed in a hurry.

I've personally been contacted by several good folks on the internet who are looking for good reliable and sound answers, whether involving internet related topics or not. They notice your profile and URL that you are promoting. Afterall, the internet is the information highway, right?

Now don't get me wrong, to get on the first page of a Google search would be like cha chingville, but it's unrealistic to think that you'll get there without spending a whole lot of cha chings to get there. And then it's an art form that many claim to have perfected but few actually have.

As the internet world evolves, it grows and takes shape based on the habits of those who use it, so it's always changing, and in order to benefit from those changes, you have to change your tactics and strategies to fit those changes.

A good example is how the spider engines are rating websites today. They aren't "just" spidering keywords and descriptions like they used to. That's why SEO is taking a back seat to some of the other alternatives of website exposure.

We can get stuck sometimes, or what I call, "blinderphobia" when it comes to this topic of website exposure.

My final thought here is about "thinking outside of the box". By not doing what everyone else is doing just might get your website noticed also.
  14. crsuccess

crsuccess New Member

I have found forums to be the best..
  15. sarahlorrain

sarahlorrain New Member

I am always looking for new ways to build my site's exposure. I have basically zero advertising budget; which of course is not a good thing. However, so far, participating in forums as worked quite well. I hadn't thought of trying yahoo answers though; maybe I"ll give that a whirl.
  16. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Forums and free classifieds are most effective
  17. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

Quoting: pcworkForums and free classifieds are most effective

I do agree that Forums are an awesome way to get the word out about your online business! However I haven't had much success with free classifieds as a marketing medium.

Maybe it's just me but in my experience I rarely received any quality traffic from free classifieds. I do post from time to time mainly because.... Hey.... it's free! But I can honestly say I don't expect much to come out of it.
  18. AndrewHealth

AndrewHealth New Member

Don't forget about offline marketing as well. If you can target your market in your area, you'll find you'll get a good response from them.
  19. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

Quoting: AndrewHealthDon't forget about offline marketing as well

That's right!

With so much attention focused with online advertising and marketing, we tend to forget about good ol' offline marketing as well! In fact, now is probably one of the best times to focus some of your advertising campaigns to offline marketing for the simple fact that there are less people using it!

Maybe some think that it may be harder to bring an offline customer to their online business, but I think nothing could be further from the truth. If you have a great ad and a product that someone is looking for......they'll find you!

Not everyone has access to a computer at every given moment! So you have to take that into account. And if you have an ad in..... say...a magazine that's sitting in a barbershop for a couple months, just imagine how much people you'd reach with this type of residual advertising.
  20. Anna

Anna New Member

Thanks for the link conjam. I love all the useful information I have been able to find on this forum and I have only been a member for a short while![​IMG]