Best method to promoting a website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by wanda, Dec 16, 2005.

1. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I heard an unusual method, put your business card in a book at a bookstore and place labels on magazines and leave them in the doctors offices.

Terri
  2. JCP

JCP New Member

That is a good thought, actually, for any kind of business really.

I have found that the best way for me even better than adwords, has been blogging, article writing, and postings on forums.

JCP
  3. carlitakw

carlitakw New Member

I am new to the internet marketing business, I have just created my website and am paying for advertising on Yahoo, but I am not getting any results. Where is the best place to start?
  4. JCP

JCP New Member

Well, I assume you bought Ultimate Wealth Package? I'd start by getting a refund, and Purchasing The Profit Lance Course. IMO, Read our story~ But, just an idea, UWP to me was HORRIBLE. I hope you have better luck. Little or no support fromt he author.

JCP
  5. Vision

Vision New Member

Free online classifieds, go post on CraigsList.com. It's free, so post in your local city!

For offline advertising, there are always free classifieds in big city markets. Even placing 3 line ads in the newspapers is quite inexpensive, some papers (weekly or daily papers) give you a discount if you advertise for X amount of times.

Some shopping areas, laundromats have cork boards that is free to the community to post ads/information.
  6. smkwan

smkwan New Member

Taking part in as many forums as possible and discuss with people actively is one way to let some your website being noticed.
  7. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

Thanks for the information. I did not know about CraigsList.com
  8. SHATAY143

SHATAY143 New Member

Can someone please tell me what is traffic exchange and indexed by google? I'm internet illiterate and this whole thing is like a foreign language.
  9. WealthyWAHM

WealthyWAHM Member

Though I do use paid advertising tactics such as Pay per click, e-zine ads and press releases, I do tend to believe that the free methods actually produce better results.

Some of my favorites are:

* Forum posting- really great since you are not only showcasing your business but also giving prospects an idea of your personality through your writing

* Article Writing- Articles spread like wildfire across the internet if written well and that tagline at the bottom goes everywhere the article does, so you are bound to get traffic!

* Traffic Exchanges- MANUAL ONES- don't go for the Autosurfs if you want quality traffic... Most autosurfers just turn on their computer and let it run without actually viewing ads all day. You may show 1000 hits in one day from an autosurf, but chances are only about 10%, if that, actually viewed your ad.

A couple more "unique" ideas that I have:

* Take advantage of www.scribd.com. It's a resource that allows you to upload pdfs, word docs and other docs and showcases them (if you choose) on their site. On your document, just make sure that you added a tagline that includes website URL (just like with articles) and after you publish it to Scribd and as people download it, paste it to their blogs, etc, you will get traffic.

Often I will put my tagline on the cover page- something like

10 Ways to Write More Effective Ads
    Published By:
    Christy Edwards
    www.insertlinkhere.com

* Create your own Viral Marketing Experiment website. For example, I just created a website (www.adventuresofmrlinks.com)that uses the popular forum game, "Add to the Story" or "What Happens Next" as a viral marketing tool. This website allows people to add to a story about a quirky genius, named Mr.Links, and encourages the posting of a tagline immediately after your addition to the story. After submission, posters are directed to a tell a friend page where they are encouraged to let a few people know about the website and as an incentive, they are offered a couple discount offers for doing so. [​IMG]

Sorry, that sort of rambled a bit, but I wanted to get the point across that it does pay to be a bit creative with your advertising ideas. [​IMG]

Regards,

Christy
  10. AAbleHome

AAbleHome New Member

Christy,

I checked out Mr. Links, even added a bit to the story. Is the experiment working as you thought or are you trying a different tactic?

It really does seem like a great idea if you can capitalize on it.

AAbleHome
  11. dre22

dre22 New Member

Blogs are good. You can get a blog from Goog or a hsoting company. One thing that you should note is that you should post quality content for visitors.
  12. Thecandlelady

Thecandlelady New Member

One thing you may want to consider is the website you are promoting. Is it easy to understand and navigate? Does it look inviting, or does it look cluttered and chaotic? Is it a place that visitors will want to "hang out" for a while, or will they see the website and just move on without really checking it out. The longer they stay on your website, the bigger your chance is of converting that visitor into a sale. Also know, that some people don't always purchase right away. They may sae your website in their favorites list, and come back another time. I do this all the time, so I know it happens! Also, I am not sure what type of advertising you are using to get your traffic, - but if it is one of those traffic exchange programs, - some of those traffic clicks may not be "people" clicking, but could be software that is doing the clicking. Just be sure that whatever means you are using, that thee is security in place to prevent "auto-clicking". Hope this helps.
  13. jforphun

jforphun New Member

Has anybody used Trafficswarm? Does it really help in promotion?
    Please advise
  14. Rusty raz

Rusty raz New Member

I love blogs because they are very easy to make and you can change the contents as much as you want.
    Currently I am using blogger.com where this days you need to sign in with your Google adsense account.What i did is that I first signed in with Google adsense and then created the blog with the account.
    To have you website have more traffic I can encourage you to enter some on the prominent traffic exchange sites for exposure of your site.
    If you type the phrase "FREE ADVERTISING" on Google you will get a big list of these site and you can choose from them.
    For some of the Google adsense tips you can visit my blog: [Link removed - Admin]
    I hope I will help you.
  15. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Search engines seem to prefer blogs, but they take up a lot of server resources.
  16. cgardner1

cgardner1 New Member

Hi Wanda,
    I'd be happy to tell you the best way I have found to promote a website - and increase results by as much as 500%

Have professional, live Actors walk right on to your site and
    do the explaining and selling for you
    They Get Results - it works and it's what the web 2.0 people
    of today want and expect (and yes it is very affordable)
    You'll be amazed
    I hope this helps.
    Carole
  17. kiran

kiran New Member

Hi all,

Thanks all for the information. It is really helpful.
  18. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Interesting thread, we all are interested in promotion of our sites, I can tell you from experience, one of THE best ways is adwords and blog promotion.

Adwords, PPC can get very costly, there is another way, and the cost is just $350 to start and that is to buy our travel package and use the complimentary certificates as offering an incentive, we teach you the entire process, if you want a more affordable alternative we can help with that as well.

I purchased guaranteed traffic pkg, guaranteed to deliver 100,000 views, it didn't even deliver 10,000 so be careful. But some of the views did translate into optin's.

Terri
  19. hotboy18

hotboy18 New Member

For free traffic I would recommend posting in forums and article marketing. You can get indexed faster and get good page rank.
  20. AaronCross

AaronCross New Member

There is a load of different ways you can promote a website... but it all comes down to two categories.

Free or Paid Advertising.

Once you realize that its really up to you... do you have more time - less money, or the ladder?

Paid Advertising:
    PPC, Lead purchase & Auto Responders, Ezine Ads, Solo Ads, Banner Ads, etc.

Free Advertising:
    Classified ads, natural search engine results, article submission, Forum Participation, Blogging, Offline Classified ads, flyer's, etc.

Time or Money, What to you have more of?

Best Regards,

Aaron Cross