Best method to promoting a website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by wanda, Dec 16, 2005.

1. gchildren

gchildren New Member

Hello!

You might want to consider writing articles and having them submitted through an article submission service.

From the research that I have done, it is considered one of the best marketing techniques on the internet.

I have just started to write my own articles and I am standing by awaiting the results. As was mentioned before, you will need to test and adjust with a variety of techniques to see which one will work for you.

Good Luck!
  2. mygift2you

mygift2you New Member

What is the best way to post on Craigslist and get traffic to my site?
  3. Mark

Mark New Member

Traffic exchanges can work well, BUT you need to commit to learning and DOING to get the most out of them.
    A few tips

If new, pick one and learn how to get the best out of it, activate others later.You will learn how to learn if you do this. Take too much on too quick and you will learn how to fail.

Select one that fits in with your web use patterns, no point using one that requires you to act in a way that is outside your normal business activity.

Access the user guide and support resources (duh!).Understand the features and how to employ them.Then do this correctly for a consistent period of time.

Connect with someone who is having success and do what they do.

Select a free exchange option to start with, then you can learn how to write adds effectively for free (time aside). Look at upgrading to premium membership when you are good at it.

The most important for last, many work best when a downline is built. Learn how to promote (your chosen exchange should have good resources and tools to help). You might be surprised how effective these exchanges can be whicen fueled by the volume from a strong downline.

Remember you are dealing with exchange traffic, not unique leads. Volume produces results, volume has to be built.
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Post in the relevant section in the city/town you are targetting
  5. acenos

acenos New Member

Get your meta tags straight. They are up in the header of your html. You list your keywords you think people use to find your site, and you try to get those keywords as much as possible into your site content. This is called your keyword density. Start with the simple thigs first when your trying to drive traffic to your site. Remember the KISS strategy (keep it simple stupid), this will get you far in anything you do. If you don't know how to run a blog, do the easy things first and do a little research before you do it.
  6. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Pick one marketing method that you like and master it. For me that was article marketing. I liked to write and built a full time business just from that one thing.

Mastering one thing is important because you wll find yourself jumping all over the place wasting time and money if you do not focus on one thing at first. Enjoying it is important because you will stick to it and be more apt to do it consistently if it is not something you dread.
  7. shane

shane New Member

also...you can make postings on various forums related to your niche business and also leave a link of your blog/website in your signature to promote your website...that is an old tool that most of the people are still following...
  8. LuckyRon

LuckyRon New Member

I like the Viral Marketing approch. 1 million visitors for FREE!!!
  9. federline

federline New Member

I conclude from this thread that there is no easy way to market your web site.

I have a small business and recently paid a guy to carry out an optimisation programme for which he charged me ??550.

As part of this he included ppc advertising with google.

He produdly proclaimed that he had been successful which he had at a cost of approx ??300 per montyh in google ads.

What he forgot to take into account was that from the increased traffic their were zero sales.

As soon as I stopped the ppc's the traffic dried up.

I then tried a targeted mail shot marketing campaign. It turned out that the list of names I bought for ??125 was years out of date even though I was told it was updated every 3 months.

Is it also correct that the software on the market that makes big promises to diret shed loads of customers to your web site is also a waste of money.

It seems that UncleLarry is right there are no short cuts just lots of leg work.

I am interested in writing some articles as suggested how do I go about this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
  10. agelbuzz

agelbuzz New Member

Try usfreeads.com , i personally find it useful and easy to plug on!
  11. greatusa

greatusa New Member

Hi Vision, hope ur still in this forum. I haven't trying Craig's list at smal biz ads section, but I can't see my ads when I go back to the website, say even after 15 min. Funny thing is that I always receive an email confirmation for every post. Is there something wrong with what I am doing? Please advise and thanks in advance.
  12. westfam11

westfam11 Member

greatusa,

When you open your email confirmation from Craig's List at the top it has an edit button or post button. If you press the post button you should be able to view it. Hope you don't mind me answering this for Vision.

Becky West
  13. greatusa

greatusa New Member

Thanks Becky, about ur reply, no I don't mind at all. Yes, u reminded me now. At first, I saw that button you mentioned, but now, the email confirmation, only shows this: (for example)
    ======
    Your ad, titled "XXXX" has been posted in small biz ads.
    You can see it at http()xxxdotcraigslistdotorg/biz/etc. It will appear in the list of postings and in search results in about 15 minutes. If you have trouble finding it, please check our help page at http()wwwdotcraigslistdotorg/about/help/etc...
    etc, etc
    For your protection, please check our list of common scams:
    etc, etc
    Thanks for using craigslist!
    ===========
    BTW, I have posted to Japan, Korea, and Singapore. Thanks again for your help.
  14. moneymakerblogs

moneymakerblogs New Member

greatusa,

Sometimes it can take a while for your ad to show up, and sometimes it doesn't show up at all, especially if you have a link on the ad. This has been my recent experience on Craigslist, I think they might be putting even tighter filters on the system, or else they have a glitch in their submission and listing program.

My best leads now come from commenting on blogs and in forums. The important thing to remember when you do this is that what you say must be useful and relevant enough and you need to be consistent enough that people want to click back to your website. Make sure that your website is so well designed because first impressions matter, and most people who click out of curiosity will very fast if the site is slow to load or doesn't capture their attention.

Good Luck!
  15. 4u2nv

4u2nv New Member

Quoting: moneymakerblogsMy best leads now come from commenting on blogs and in forums.

Yes, I agree that you can get some traffic to your website by posting comments on blogs and forums. I like to click on the signatures links after reading their posts to see what they are working on. Maybe it might be something I'm interested in doing as well.

One of these days I'm going to pay to advertise my website just to see what kind of traffic I would get. But there's a lot of competition out there... it's SCARY!
  16. moneymakerblogs

4u2nv

This is true, that there is a lot of competition out there, but you always need to remember that you have something to offer, and that you are your best asset. It's interesting I just now wrote a post about this - about the fact that there is room in the ocean even for the smallest fishes [​IMG]. Check out the second link in my sig, the post is

Every fish has a place in the Ocean

There is room for all of us, we just need to identify where it is and how to fit into it and make a difference.
  17. 4u2nv

4u2nv New Member

Wow moneymakerblogs, you are pretty good writer and after reading "Every fish has a place in the Ocean" makes me want to research my OWN self and figure out what I have to offer, what makes me different from everyone else. As you can see from my website, I do not know what else to put on it. Everyone says the same thing over and over again about how you can work from home and make money and so on. I want my website to be different and interesting. However, I'm not good at writing. Maybe I should just put pretty pictures on my website and hide the fact that I do not know what else to talk about. Or maybe, I can pay you to write something on there to make it more interesting. But wait until I have money first, okay? Then we can talk business.
  18. moneymakerblogs

4u2nv

Thanks for the compliment. It's not really that hard to figure out what you have to offer that makes you uniquely you. One quick thing is to think about what people around you say about you, those statements that people drop that we so often don't even think about. Such as "it's always so good to see you because you cheer me up;", or "you're so stubborn!", or "you always look on the bright side of things"; etc, etc. Even things that sound negative could give you insights into yourself and show you what is unique about you, what your trademark trait is... then figure out how to use that.

I'll take a glance at your website and let you know any thoughts I may have. And I am always open to discussing business. In the meantime, keep an eye on the freelancing blog, I have some more thoughts to share on this.
  19. opendomain

opendomain New Member

CRAIGSLIST

I've noticed that they block certain email addresses. For instance before I really knew what I was doing in craigslisi I'd posted to the JOBS section....DO NOT DO THIS. As it got my main account blocked. I now have to use a secondary account without the @opendomain.ws because I believe they blocked that wording. i can't add a link either...

HOWEVER.
    If i type my home page in and place "" without the "" inbetween open & domain I can post just fine...it does not create a link but the overall text is their as the do not show up so my, this leads me to believe they use a word filter. Just some critical information for those of you with missing adds. Chances are something in your post is being filtered.
  20. moneymakerblogs

opendomain,

I'm not sure I follow your method. Please explain in more detail how you do this. When I post in CL I want to have a live link because I want people to click on it. So far I've been successful by waiting for time intervals before I post, and by using different email addresses, all free like gmail and yahoo. I've managed to stay under the radar. There is definitely one of urls that I think they filtered out because any ads that have that url never show up even though I get the confirmation email.