Best Motivational Tip for Writing Articles

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Rach72, Feb 8, 2011.

1. 88Style

88Style New Member

Very cool post. Writing articles can be quite a drag, especially while working from home and not necessarily having the focus. After years of experience, here are some tips that I've found incredibly useful.

Keep a List - When you feel inspired, write down your ideas, even if you don't plan on writing an article. This will drastically cut down on time it takes to think of something to write.

Narrow - Tip 1 will lead to a myriad of ideas, and not all of them will be winners. Before you write, weed out the ideas that don't sound good anymore and focus on the quality ones.

Use Bullets - Bullet points make writing lists a lot simpler as they keep you organized. They are also easy for readers to follow.

Keep it Simple - If you need to quickly produce articles, try to keep them under 500 words. Also, make not to sacrifice quality by leaving out important information.

Do what is Natural - Write the articles that come most naturally to you first. A good idea may seem like something to be written about later, but sometimes its best to get it written while it's fresh in your mind.

I hope you find these useful!

2. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

In my case, it's best to write while you're still in the zone. Leave an article until tomorrow and you'd lose track of what you want to say and get out of the zone all over again.

3. kmstudio

kmstudio Member

I've only written one article so far since I've just started doing all these new things - but I can already tell it will be the hardest thing for me to do. I'm not a writer and I feel like I'm flashed back to high school and I have to write an essay or something. My goal is to have my second one completed by the end of the day. Hopefully as time goes on, I get a little more into it and it gets a little less difficult.

4. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

kmstudio: I've only written one article so far since I've just started doing all these new things - but I can already tell it will be the hardest thing for me to do. I'm not a writer and I feel like I'm flashed back to high school and I have to write an essay or something. My goal is to have my second one completed by the end of the day. Hopefully as time goes on, I get a little more into it and it gets a little less difficult.
    I agree. I can write about what interests me or share my opinions all day long, but then it feels like I am not providing quality content. So that is where the challenge is. I want to provide good quality content, but I also want it to be mine and not just a bunch of regurgitated drivel. I guess with practice it could come a little easier.

5. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

Just2EZ: On the other hand, posting other peoples articles works too.
    This month my highest ranking article was by someone else.
    Still get lots of hits on my own but I post good articles by others.
    One of my sites is almost exclusively written by 3rd parties.
    Providing information that readers want is the name of the game.
    Doesn't have to be your own creation as long as it's on your site.
    The object is to provide what people are looking for.
    You can be an expert researcher instead of writer.
    Ok, I have started to see a little bit of this around. So, re-posting an article on my blog is ok, or re-posting someone else's blog post onto mine is ok? Are there special considerations when doing this? I wouldn't want to be at risk or liable for fraud.

6. loner44

loner44 New Member

Writing articles can be frustrating. If you want my 2 cents here i recommend 1) reading as much as you do write or even more simply because ideas do not just come from the air but rather develop as your reaction/thought to something else 2) going to forums or anywhere people are asking questions and see what's up because a great article is always sort of an ANSWER

7. jamess

jamess Member

I believe in second point..