Best Paid forms of advertising. Biggest Bang for the Buck

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by chadarcy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

I am trying to get into marketing but as of right now just don't seem to be very successful with it. It is a work in progress and I am learning every day.

What I would like to know is what form of paid advertising works well for you, and if you can share specific sites that would be a plus. I am looking for relatively cheap advertising, but with a lot of traffic to my URL's. I am after quality, so please share what is working best for you.

Thanks,
    Chad
  2. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

chadarcy: I am trying to get into marketing but as of right now just don't seem to be very successful with it.
    I think I would start with free advertising so you don't waste money on paid being new.

chadarcy: What I would like to know is what form of paid advertising works well for you
    I'm still a fan of Pay Per Click.

chadarcy: and if you can share specific sites that would be a plus.
    Facebook, and google are the giants that I still use.

chadarcy: I am looking for relatively cheap advertising, but with a lot of traffic to my URL's.
    You will need LOTS of campaigns with LOTS of keywords sending a little traffic each.

chadarcy: I am after quality,
    That will depend on how targeted you make your advertising.

chadarcy: so please share what is working best for you.
    All of the above :].

Good luck,

Matt
  3. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

Matt,

Thank you for the detailed response. I will definitely keep plugging away at free advertising, but I also want to pursue some paid advertising to get some better traffic results.

A problem that I am running into is that the program I am in must be considered a high risk with advertising sites. I did try to set up a campaign already with google adwords and they denied it. Facebook was also the same result.

The program is working great for me and is by far the easiest I have ever tried. Getting earnings everyday, but that is without referals. Referals is not a must for this program but would bennefit me greatly.

Thanks again,
    Chad
  4. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

chadarcy: A problem that I am running into is that the program I am in must be considered a high risk with advertising sites. I did try to set up a campaign already with google adwords and they denied it. Facebook was also the same result.
    In PPC it is most effective to use targeted pages that offer value to someone.

If i was promoting a dog training ebook. I would find a problem someone was having like how to potty train a dog. Then I would create a blog about potty training a dog and add lots of value. THEN I would link my blog to an opt in form that offered some type of a free course to "potty train your dog in 30 days with no accidents." From there I would email my list products that I recommend to train the dog further and earn an income.

PPC is pretty complex to get it working properly.

When it comes down to it you figure you are spending x amount per click. Then you need to figure out how much money you make per person you send to your website. Is each person worth more than x? if not its a bad plan. If they are, funnel as many through as possible.

For work at home programs, you need to find a pain and promote something of value in PPC so google doesnt ban you. I recommend promoting a blog..

Matt
  5. homesjobsneeded

homesjobsneeded New Member

I had decent results with exactseek. It is somewhat cheap in price and I get plenty of clicks and sign ups.
  6. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

Can you explain exactseek a little bit for me. It sounds to me like it is just an automated URL submitter. What I did notice is that it recrawls though every 48hrs. Is there more to it than just that?

Thanks,
    Chad
  7. gowriter

gowriter Member

Go for Facebook Advertising. Why? You have the ability to pinpoint target your audience by age, gender, location, education, income, etc.

You don't have to focus on each criteria in your ad, but they're there to help you narrow down your target audience.

Lots of traffic increases your chances of getting seen, but targeted traffic increases your chance of getting sales.

Here are two links I recommend you take a look at regarding Facebook Ads. Both have video tutorials:

http://mattsmarketingblog.com/facebook/facebook-niche-marketing-webinar/

http://www.digitalmarketer.com/access/magic-button/

Free traffic is okay, but you're going to wait and wait and wait and wait for traffic.

One thing I learned about the internet is if you want faster results, be willing to pay. If you use free methods, be prepared to wait.

Sometimes you have to do free methods because...you're just broke. But if you have the money to invest, then it's worth it.

How much is your time worth to you?
  8. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

I have three favorite ways to generate leads.

First of all I mass email generic biz oppty seekers ( not spam)
    I turn cold cheap data into warm hot qualified leads this way.
    You send them out a permission based email and then when they reply back you send them to your capture page or video page.
    Video pages are great because as long as you do not look disheveled people will build rapport with you. Why buy leads from leads company at 3-4 bucks a pop when you can buy cold opt in data for a penny a piece and turn that into your own personal real time lead for about 80 cents to a buck.

Secondly I LOVE to send out direct mail pieces to local realtors, insurance agents, and small businesses. I want entrepreneurs joining my business. These people if they see value in what I am doing can produce and they have that sales mentality. This cost a bit more but is how you can build a huge team fast. I have used this before and will use it again.

Thirdly for those that have a bigger budget you can hire a call center to call leads on your behalf. This is how you create massive leverage. When you have a call center calling lead for you and they qualify a hot prospect and then three way that lead to you your conversion rates go through the roof. This is more expensive but the ROI on it if done right is very good. Plus you are showing a duplicatable way to your new team members.

Of course local advertising such as warm market, post it notes, car decals, door hangers work great. And of course online strategies such as cost per action, blogging, forums, youtube all should be done as well.

Do all these things and trust me you will have a ton of leads coming into your business. I have done it to build massive team and am about to embark doing that with my newest long term residual opportunity.

Any questions let me know!

Chris
  9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

All I can say is that pay per click advertising is the best form of advertising out there. When you first start out, I would encourage you to start with it because it gets you faster results. When that happens, your belief level goes up a whole lot.

NOTE: Watch you budget and bids very carefully.

With FREE ads like article marketing and video marketing, you may not see results for a while depending on how well your articles are picked up or how fast they are picked up by the search engine.

Good luck and much success to you.
  10. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

The best paid advertisements are that of social media ads. More and more users spend more time in social networking sites than in any other places in the internet.
  11. Sum Yung Ho

Sum Yung Ho New Member

Hi Chad,

I wouldn't use paid advertising until you're making a few hundred a month via free methods.

But since you really seem to want to try paid advertising I would recommend banners.

Find a highly relevant blog or forum that has a medium following. Don't pay more than $25 per month to start with - unless you feel you have a higher marketing budget and have some decent monetization in place that already converts well.

In contrast to what a couple of members have stated in this thread, I would avoid PPC for now and perhaps for ever. It has become very expensive recently.

Exceptions for using PPC would be if you had few options, your marketing budget is a few hundred a month, and you have some good monetization in place.

Your PPC traffic must convert well and pay well or you'll be out most of your budget.

Furthermore, learning what works with PPC takes time and a lot of money.

Not worth the risk for your early experimentation with paid advertising.

Sum Yung Ho!
  12. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

I have decided to hold off for now on PPC advertising mainly because of the expense. Definitely may be a possibility in the future but does seem like it could eat up profits very quickly if not careful. I have a blog that is working out very well for me, but it seems like I have to spend so much time trying to drive traffic to it. This is the main thing that I lack, and really think if I could figure out how to drive traffic with minimal effort and cost, my blog and the program itself would convert that traffic into signups!

Chad