Best places to place free ads?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by pleasegogreen, Mar 6, 2008.

1. stover77

stover77 New Member

I love using Craiglist, but as many of you know the latest attempt to stop mass posting with phone verification, has made it a bit harder. You can still utilize it though cause the quality of ads have gone way up.....that is until mass posters figure out a way around it. It's the cat and mouse thing.

I also use usfreeads.com. It is free, but you get much better exposure by paying the 9.95 a month.

Any exposure is good exposure so check out all suggested avenues.

2. onestopshop2day

onestopshop2day New Member

When you say write articles what do you mean by that? Like a blog type article or an actual article? What do you write about and where would you pubilsh it?

Thanks,
    Gina [​IMG]

3. Seth

Seth New Member

pleasegogreen: gets when they opt into your website for more info(assuming that is the goal). When all the information the person is

try using craigslist there are thousands of people in there..

4. rbwhiting

rbwhiting New Member

I write 10 articles a day and submit them to article directories. A lot of my articles are on the front page of google and yahoo.Craigslist has also came up with a phone verification process before you can post ads in some categories.

5. bOsiNg

bOsiNg New Member

I use youtube. Download the popular videos (1 that has lots of viewers), edit the videos, putting your business name/webpage in between clips and upload it back to youtube.

6. 1trae

1trae New Member

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

rbwhiting: I write 10 articles a day and submit them to article directories. A lot of my articles are on the front page of google and yahoo.Craigslist has also came up with a phone verification process before you can post ads in some categories.

My computer crashed and I lost a lot of my saved urls - which article directories do you submit to again - sorry, you had sent them to me once and I lost it[​IMG]

Also do you use like an article submitter where it gets sent to a whole bunch of directories at once?? Are there any good free ones?

TIA![​IMG]

8. Silverstone

Silverstone New Member

1trae: Here are some places for free ads.
    craigslist
    www.oodle.com
    www.freeadpost.com
    www.freeadlist.com
    www.usfreeads.com
    www.backpage.com

I've been having trouble with craigslist, seems that none of my ads ever appear after I post them.

Another good free classified site is www.kijiji.com
    Also, www.classifiedads.com

9. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

Silverstone,

Are you actually seeing leads from these free classified sites?

My experience with many of these is that they eat up alot of my time with not much positive results.

I too used to post to CL. That was the only free site that was worth it in my opinion.

10. Silverstone

Silverstone New Member

BillChechel: Are you actually seeing leads from these free classified sites?

My experience with many of these is that they eat up alot of my time with not much positive results.

Bill,

Yes I do get some activity from the free classified sites. Here's the way I look at it: If I spend about 10 hours putting ads on these sites, and only get one referral, that's 15 bucks an hour for my time.

I will admit that it is a bit tedious and time consuming to keep posting ads though. Plus, there's lots of competition there for the free ad space.

I can't afford to rent a blimp with my website painted on it, so for now this will have to do.

11. plugandplay

plugandplay New Member

Walmart now offers free clasified ads

walmart.oodle.com/

12. brt

brt New Member

Will give Walmart classifieds a try...thanks for the tip!

Brt

13. Surfbay

Surfbay New Member

Hi . . . hello To You All . . .

I have just signed up here as member and I would like to make a quick start.

I want to revive this thread that deals with "Best Places To Place Free Ads" . . . Yes - I could have started a brand new thread but I thought it best to capture all the comments previously posted by members on this topic. "Don't you think that's a good idea?"

As the Internet is in a state of flux, constantly changing and moving forward I have the notion that there are many changes in the world of free ads since the last post made in June 2008.

I would love to hear about all the changes . . .

There is so much stuff on the Internet to capture our attention . . . Facebook, Twitter, Social Marketing, Blogs and Blogging (Look how Blogs have caught the attention of many) . . . and there is much more.

I really beleive that free ads is an easy way to get the word out, plus they are available at a price everyone can afford.

That's it for now.

Be seeing you . . .

14. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

ineedsell.com is quite good, ive sold a few things on there.

Over all though, i would say craigslist is one of the top sites to place free ads.

15. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

I almost forgot one of my favourites, which is adlandpro.com

That site really is a traffic puller!

16. star0525

star0525 New Member

I have had some traffic to my squidoo sites from Best Reviewer.com

17. frosties1

frosties1 New Member

Start a Blog, and Craiglist would be your best bet.

18. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I'm gonna have to vote for BackPage.com after using them this week.
    The ad got indexed by Google for my URL which helps domination.
    It also got published on another classified site in 2 categories???
    Don't have a clue how it ended up on FortWorth Classifieds.
    Posted it on BackPage in Dallas and it spread itself virally.

19. webgenie

webgenie New Member

I keep seeing that backpage is free, but I just tried to post an ad there, and it said my minimum purchase was $0.99. Am I doing something wrong?

20. webgenie

webgenie New Member

Never mind, I figured it out. I was leaving the $ amount empty and it was telling me I had to put in a figure.