Best places to place free ads?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by pleasegogreen, Mar 6, 2008.

1. webgenie

webgenie New Member

I did a classified post to BackPage which wasn't too difficult. When I clicked on the link that finalized the post, I had the option to select various cities for an automatic post. I selected them all, just to see and for 4 weeks it would be $1190.07. WOW. So I did a spreadsheet to analyze the data, figuring the most expensive would be areas with the densest populations/most people that are looking at their advertisements.

Here is the top ten:
    CA Los Angeles $9.00
    FL Miami $6.50
    AZ Phoenix $5.60
    GA Atlanta $5.50
    TX Dallas $4.50
    TX Houston $4.40
    IL Chicago $4.00
    FL Ft. Lauderdale $3.50
    CA Orange County $3.00
    NY Manhattan $3.00

2. webgenie

webgenie New Member

Oops! Didn't quite finish my post! Anyways, I have made a spreadsheet in excel with all of the data if anyone wants a copy, am I allowed to share it?

3. webgenie

webgenie New Member

Online classifieds that are linked to physical papers work well (i.e. the Seattle Times has uses nwsource.kaango).

4. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

The best Ads in my opinion are Google SERPs, write good content and get it ranked. you'll get ranked for free.

5. webgenie

webgenie New Member

PeterFrosen

What is Google SERPS? Do you know where I can find "how to" info on this?

6. yasser

yasser New Member

nothing is good. believe me

7. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Craiglists is the best place to post FREE ads! But you can not spam them or they will ghost your ads! Second choice is backpage.com, next would be adlandpro.com and then kiji.com These are some great places to place your free ads!

8. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

Well, top article directories are very helpful for advertising, link building, you can use forums also but you need to be active in those forums.

9. hagarbomb

hagarbomb New Member

I came across a PTC site that offers free credit when you sign up thats enough to get you 2000 free hits, with no obligation to buy more. It took about 48 hours for me to get the 2000 hits and I got some good leads from them so I bought more at ??1 for every 2000. Its obviously not as good as organic traffic, but if you are just looking to boost your hits and maybe gain a couple of leads from it, its worth signing up for the free credit [​IMG]

10. weblogger

weblogger New Member

As a rule of thumb in online advertising. You either pay or provide quality info that is genuinely useful and get advertising/traffic via the content.

These are the two ways to get traffic as far as i know...

paid advertising = money
    quality content = time

You decide.. there is nothing called "free lunch"

11. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

There are lot of really good suggestions in this thread. I didn't know about adlandpro. I'll have to check that one out.

12. jamess

jamess Member