best way to get traffic to a new blog

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Jose Roman, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Anaparesh

Anaparesh New Member

Hi,
    Try uploading short videos of your presentations about your business in youtube which will bring traffic to your site.
  2. Shane476

Shane476 New Member

Jose Roman
    Viral marketing is the way to go in my opinion.
  3. Matthewbrown

Matthewbrown New Member

I think the best way to create a good blog is make your blog unique. Your blog content should be new or interesting. Make your profile good and interesting. After creating blog book mark him on top book --marking sites.
  4. vlint623

vlint623 New Member

Wow some great tips.
  5. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

Your site is very simple and to the point. You can do some keyword research that's related to welding and add some original content to the site. And then spend time getting backlinks to your site.
  6. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

Thanks guys. I have found it a bit difficult to generate content. Since starting this thread I have moved my blog to my own host, been uploading pictures and then a keyword rich description, when I can [​IMG] you know what has surprised me? The amount of traffic I am gettin from Flickr! Crazy....
  7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Jose,

Creating good content can be really hard at first if you aren't used to creative writing, etc. Something that may help you is to think of it like this.

Once you've done the keyword research to find the phrases that people are searching for regarding the various types of ironwork that you specialize in - pick the best phrases (high demand with lower supply) and write an article about each of those phrases.

When you don't know what to write, imagine that someone called you and asked you a question about that phrase/subject (you've probably had that happen). What would you say to them in response?

Just write that down. Explain it just like you would be explaining it over the phone or in person. Once you have it written down, you can then go over it and tweak it slightly if needed to make it more presentable for the web.

People value quality and accurate information. Your writing skills don't have to be fantastic as long as you know what you are talking about and give reliable information.

The image traffic you'll get is great, but nothing beats really good content! [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  8. mreese601

mreese601 Member

One of the best way to drive some traffic is offline marketing. Get some drop cards and put " Want to Make Money online" then put your websites, and began to drop them everywhere you go.
  9. mbasa

mbasa Member

10. jeremybarker

jeremybarker New Member

I would have to say that the best way to get traffic to a new blog is through directories and social media; both of which are low cost.

It also has to do with your blog posts and the value that they add for people of your target niche.

Blast your posts to all of the social media platform and begin networking with others of like interests to you.
  11. AltRev

AltRev New Member

Another potential way of generating the local traffic you are looking for, is to use craigslist. You can post in the "general" section located on the top left of your city's homepage. Then post as a "general" topic about your new blog. Explain what it is and post your link, this can get you some more local visitors.
  12. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

My blog made it to first page on Google with a difficult keyword, I actually started to get spammed, which was an honor...haha but then it fell to third page. I slowed down a bit. Is it possible to host videos without paying for the Wordpress plug in? I'm hosting the blog on my own server.
  13. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

pingomatic.com is already added by default to the update services section under writing settings.

So every post you make will automatically ping it.

There are many more pinging service websites available, and if you send me a personal message i'll list them all for you.
  14. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

After you have setup a new blog and added at least 10 new posts to it, head on over to socialmarker.com or onlywire.com and bookmark it.

Then bookmark each individual post in the future.

This will bring you a good amount of traffic in no time.
  15. Winningjob

Winningjob New Member

Can you network with other blog owners? Providing links to each other is really helpful and may bring in traffic/eyeballs that you may have not other wised reached.

If your blog allows tags, make sure you use them and use ones that are appropriate. Use Google keywords tool for help with this to see what people are searching for. Don't rule out creating an account specifically for your blog/concept/product/service on twitter and facebook. You can even create a "fan page" to keep people up to date and tease them to come back to your blog.

Pay per click is expensive and can be effective, but I would stay away from it if you are not familiar with it as it can cost a lot of money quickly.
  16. star0525

star0525 New Member

How about posting to free classified ads.
  17. Cisag

Cisag New Member

What are feedsharing sites? I've heard of them but I am not exactly sure how they work, from what I heard they can help improve website traffic
  18. johndiv23

johndiv23 New Member

If you have friends you can start out with them, Share your blog to your close friends. You can use your Facebook account to do this. You can also ping your blog to directories in the web.
  19. TXT180

TXT180 New Member

AltRev: Another potential way of generating the local traffic you are looking for, is to use craigslist.
    Does Craigslist actually give you a link when you post with them?
  20. Tess_T

Tess_T New Member

Use relevant keywords in your posts and titles, and always offer value in your posts. Search engines love unique content that isn't a bunch of re-hashed information from other blogs.

Write articles and link to your site, comment on other blogs in industries similar to yours. Tweet your posts, post them to Facebook.

Good luck!