best way to get traffic to a new blog

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Jose Roman, Feb 28, 2011.

1. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

Be unique when posting your blog! Great ideas include--but are not limited to--1.) informative articles which catch the readers attention, 2.) proper grammar and punctuation, 3.) an eye-catching photo, 4.) a link to your website; 5.) pinging your blog to various sites, 6.) using social networks to promote, 7.) developing an effective, e-commerce website, 8.) submitting your url to the major "contenders"--Bing, Google, and Yahoo once a month, 8.) distributing fliers where allowed, and 9.) and finding effective promotional tools to get the word out about your blog.

Don't forget to update your blog daily!

Here's to your success!

Brian
  2. Greatwoman

Greatwoman New Member

I am new here and this is a great forum. Thanks to all the contributors.
  3. Eric

Eric New Member

Creating unique articles for your site is the best way.
  4. Agnes Galinato

Agnes Galinato New Member

Learned a lot from this discussion. However, writing creatively for unique content is a hard for me.
  5. In every blog, creating high quality and unique content is the heart of your blog. Once you have your post on your blog, use social network sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on to promote your post. By that, you are creating traffic to your site.
  6. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

Content use to rule, but with recent Panda and Penguin attacks by Google, the rules change faster than most can keep up with it with SEO alone. Organic search results are not like they use to be, now you almost have to have a video lead in to your blog on Youtube if you want to get indexed by Google. The internet is a fast moving target, and what worked yesterday does not mean it will work tomorrow. So as I see it now, video first, keywords in title of your video, and then content which hopefully will build you traffic.
  7. gowriter

gowriter Member

A blog is not a bad start if you have a welding business, but you may want to have and SEO agency actually create you a website. You can still keep your blog. That helps with the SEO. You should be able to find a local agency in your area easily.

What they'll first do is take a look at your website and see what keywords you are ranking for now, and how much traffic that you currently have. Your site may be in okay shape or terrible shape.

A good SEO company can offer the following products: on-site SEO optimization (ensureing the right keywords ar eint he right places on your site), off-site optimization (link building), local SEO (getting your site in local listings online).

As a local company, it's always best to invest in local SEO. It helps you target the people in your area. Content marketing is great, too. Ask your SEO company if they also do infographics. If it's done right, it can pull in quite a bit of traffic.

I recommend getting an SEO company in your local area. If they're professional, they'll either meet with you one on one, or at least have a teleconference with you to bounce off ideas how to best serve your business.

There could be 12 different welding businesses in your area, but your customer base might be slightly different than another. Plus, you may offer different services than another, other than competitive pricing.

It may do you good to invest into good SEO.
  8. Shane Martin

Shane Martin New Member

I agree that your strategy should be locally based. That means using your city and state name in some of your blog posts and getting them posts posted on social bookmarking websites. There are also sites that will create and submit press releases for you. If you would really like your site to benefit from some local traffic then be sure to look at some of the on-page aspects of SEO such as I mentioned before about about the city you are in and having that be a constant theme on the pages of your website.
  9. jamess

jamess Member

Keywords research is the important thing for every website. So first thing is choose best keywords which are tightly related to your blog.