Best ways to get organic traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aldanson, Oct 10, 2007.

1. aldanson

aldanson New Member

What do you use to get the search engines to list you high?

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Backlinks
    SEO
    Frequent updates with high quality articles
    etc

Newbie Shield

[​IMG]

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Content, content, and more content. In many cases, Google seems to reward websites with a lot of content and multiple pages. Also, try and repeat specific keywords you are targeting in different parts of your website - this will generally increase your rankings.

4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Backlinks and relevant content helps

5. moneymakerblogs

moneymakerblogs New Member

getagrip nailed it! That's how I get organic traffic, it never fails. Keyword-rich content that's frequently updated will get you there. I barely do any SEO, I just keep writing.

6. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I am having the best luck with article writting. I wonder how you could incoroprate frequent updates to a typical non-blog site? ideally you don't want to have to create the wheel every day, Maybe a comments section or dail thought type of section?

Any ideas how One would work that into their site?

7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Most of my websites are static, I try to update them once a week

8. JewelryLesli

JewelryLesli New Member

Do using SEO companies like Clik Tru (or any others) really work? I've hard pro's and con's. Thanks from a newbie.

9. Newbie Shield

Quoting: opendomainI am having the best luck with article writting. I wonder how you could incoroprate frequent updates to a typical non-blog site? ideally you don't want to have to create the wheel every day, Maybe a comments section or dail thought type of section?

Hi Open,

You might create a new site or remake your sites by uploading WordPress to each site.

Newbie Shield

10. shuey03

shuey03 New Member

Dont use an SEO company when you can learn a lot online and do it yourself. Just make sure your content is keyword rich and your fill out your title and keyword tags appropriately.

In just a few weeks to a month, you will start getting a lot more organic traffic to your site.

11. aplina

aplina New Member

Thanks guys . am just building my site and this really helps.

12. innominds

innominds New Member

Updating content is really painful in case of static websites. If it is a blog, then one could easily update the site at regular pace.

Hello Newbie Shield , could you provide the best alternative to it.

13. raleya

raleya New Member

I think the key is to try to get as many links out there as possible.

An ad or post or comment that ranks high in google may not be as good as your website.

But it certainly wont hurt.

Other than that use keyword optimization.

and PRAY!

14. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Back links from hyperlinked keywords. Be sure and blog. When you blog, choose a keyword that is not searched as much as major keywords are.

Then use the keyword as close to the front of the title is possible. Include that phrase again in your introduction and closing. Be sure and use variations of it in the body of the article too.

Then, be sure to bookmark your post to the major social bookmark directories. Repeat this over and over until you start showing up on page 1 of the major search engines.

15. Newbie Shield

Quoting: innomindsUpdating content is really painful in case of static websites. If it is a blog, then one could easily update the site at regular pace.

Hello Newbie Shield , could you provide the best alternative to it.

Hi InnoMinds,

Yes, learn CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), a part of XHTM - for a quicker, easier, more centralized way of updating a website. That's what I use. It is easy to learn. Check out w3schools.com for a great free tutorial.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

16. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I'm going to take the time to learn CSS one of these days! I have a whole list of things for "one of these days!"

I weigh in on the side of content, content, content. Sure, all the other things help, too. Nothing seems to work as well as adding another keyword focused content page, though. At least for the long term benefit.

You don't have to update content on every page of your site, if that is what some of you are thinking. Just simply adding a page a week is sufficient to keep the ball rolling. Of course, if you can do more than that, the faster your ball will roll. [​IMG]

I've been trying to average a page a day for my newest site, but I don't think I'm going to be able to maintain that over the holidays with everything else on my overflowing plate. Still, a page a week will keep the engines happy, I believe.

17. juno44444

juno44444 New Member

I would agree that original content is #1, relevant backlinks is #2. There are many other factors but these would be the most important. My most successful site is full of my own writing.

18. cardwarrior

cardwarrior New Member

Content and backlinks are the secrets to getting a higher page ranking. However, after reading this thread, does anybody have any experience with purchasing backlinks instead of doing it manually? Any pros or cons to this practice? I imagine if this type of practice was discovered by the search engines, it would harm your marketing efforts. I would welcome anybody's personal experience with this practice...

19. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldQuoting: opendomain
    I am having the best luck with article writting. I wonder how you could incoroprate frequent updates to a typical non-blog site? ideally you don't want to have to create the wheel every day, Maybe a comments section or dail thought type of section?

Hi Open,

You might create a new site or remake your sites by uploading WordPress to each site.

The best thing about doing this is, if you add wordpress to a static page, the main page benefits from the backlinks to the blog.

In other words: If your main site is www,myownboss.com and your wp blog is www,myownboss.com/blog, then you can use all the normal techniques to promote the blog (social bookmarks, etc). As this raises the PR of the blog, it pulls the static part of the website up along with the blog since the blog is considered just another page on the main site.

20. kotrao

kotrao New Member

The difference between web site and blog is getting blurred now a days. Most of the sites are having some relatively static pages as well as a blog as part of it. Wordpress can be used to maintain a regular web site as well as a blog. It looks great.

In terms of traffic, I think if you pay attention to keyword loaded content update it frequently, you are in much better shape in the long run.

Rao
    [Link removed - Admin]