Best ways to get organic traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aldanson, Oct 10, 2007.

1. kfree2006

kfree2006 New Member

I like to blog and write articles and submit them to articles directories using rich keywords with good content and I use press release and web 2.0 there you have it instant google indexed.

2. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

A lot of good input here. Organic traffic is a big topic. The truth is you only make money if you have good conversion that makes your product profitable at the price point you are selling at.

SEO can get you traffic. Backlinks get noticed by Google, etc.. I am expert at this... or good enough anyway. Its not a golden goose in most "long tail" niches that are attainable for people working solo.

Other "organic" traffic... and perhaps the best - comes from high-quality content. When people think "wow this is really good %$^&," they will be disposed to opt-in or even buy from you with little encouragement.

All this is advanced marketig stuff for promoting MLM lead capture pages. You need to rethink your strategy at every level to make the most of organic traffic streams.

There is room at the top because most people can't even figure out how to get up off the bottom.

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Quoting: malibumentorThere is room at the top because most people can't even figure out how to get up off the bottom.

True. That is why it is so annoying sometimes to find people promoting products/information that really is not going to help people find their way. It almost seems like it is geared to keep people on the bottom.

I thank the Lord that I found an honest company early on that taught me the right information and gave me the tools to get up off the bottom and start my climb to the top. It is a very exciting and challenging climb. [​IMG]

4. jaqes

jaqes New Member

I think the most important thing is to have great on-page optimization with unique and long paragraphs of content on your website.

You want to sign up for all article directories and sites where you can post about other websites/pages. You will then want to talk about your niche and link yourself to all your other pages.

I think this is the most important part of getting organic traffic to your website.

5. mrsonic

mrsonic New Member

Hello,

It's VIDEO...VIDEO...VIDEO.

Integrate related videos into your site. Make sure the videos display and embed on your site. Then create a Google, Yahoo and MSN sitemap and submit them to each.

Dave

6. teteimathews

teteimathews Guest

Keep updating your site with a very high quality content. Besides, do link exchange [​IMG] All the best.

7. gowriter

gowriter Member

The best way o get organic traffic is to build your webpages around optimized keywords that you know for certain are already receiving traffic.

8. aballantyne

aballantyne New Member

The best way to getting orgranic traffic is to start a blog. You also want to build links to your blog by pinging, using forums and rewriting some of your posts and submiting them to ezinearticles. Doing that consistently over several months will build a lot of organic traffic.

9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

I've successfully followed a marketing game plan of forum posting, articles and videos to get plenty of free organic traffic and make money online...free money at that. You can do the same. Just put in the work on a consistent basis.

10. heretohelp

heretohelp New Member

I have got a terrific group of individuals in my downline that started either with very little experience or money or both. Showing them how to construct an article and submit to Article sbmission sites as well as social sites has allowed us as a group to dominate page 1 for our particular niche.

11. JHandy

JHandy New Member

I echo what everyone has said. Backlinks and relevant content. Also driving your list (subscribers) to your site after you've made a relevant post that may add potential value to them.

Jerry

12. MarketLifelines

MarketLifelines New Member

There is this misconception that SEO is everything. This cannot be miles away from the truth.

SEO is important. But the major search engines are now more intelligently designed that SEO is not their main tag line. The real power lies in content. And fresh content it must be.

A well written article with an intelligent dispersal keyword rate is key. Identify the strongest keywords first. There are very many free services for this.

The content must mask your keywords completely. Do not be a robot that is led by your keywords; lead the keywords yourself.

Ensure that the content is very regularly updated. Do not plagiarize works of others. You will simply be sending traffic their way.

I know this works because it works for me all the time.

13. potsyn

potsyn Guest

Social bookmarking (digg, delicious, mixx, reddit, stumbleupon, folkd) and social networking (facebook, twitter, myspace, orkut) are good source of traffic.

14. brian early

brian early New Member

I agree HappyWife, writing single pages with 3 or 4 keywords, mixed in several times is very helpful. Make sure that the keywords are mixed in with the flow of the article and not contrived. Google wants and will always want pertinent information to the keywords searched for.

If you don't believe me, try putting in a keyword for something, and see where it takes you. I've had it take me to a rinky dink blog that has great content and not a professional website. GOOD content is key. Do this consistenty and over time you should see results. Like someone else said, it won't happen overnight. It may take weeks or longer. That's o.k., there are no quick fixes.

15. catevanne

catevanne New Member

is it necessary to update your blog daily? what are trackbacks?

16. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

aldanson: What do you use to get the search engines to list you high?
    I always use the perfect keywords. For high rankings I found out that videos ranked high in just minutes after I uploaded them. The record that I got was 19 minutes (as I timed it) and got the video to rank 8th in about 600,000 competitors.

Since then I always use videos rather than articles. It's really fun to make using animoto and windows movie maker.

I thought of using traffic geyser at first but the price of $99/mo really is a big pain so I scoured Google and found out a free service that performs just as effective which is pixelpipe.

Hope this helps. For further discussions, I would gladly help. Just post in this thread for everyone to see.

17. weblogger

weblogger New Member

create relevant content in the intent to help people from other domains (ie. backlinks that can bring people traffic0

If you just think of backlinks, you end up creating profile and comment links which people rarely click thru and visit your site...

So backlinks for SEO should also have referral visitors in mind, which then works wonders.....

Thanks

18. jamess

jamess Member

Content, Content and Content this is the best strategy to get traffic and after penguin and panda content will play most important role.

19. Michael John

Michael John New Member

Consistent and natural SEO techniques. With those I can make sure that I do the stuff that I need to do like:
    -Article marketing
    -forum posting
    -blog commenting
    -social bookmarking
    etc