Best ways to get organic traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aldanson, Oct 10, 2007.

1. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

I have found the best way to continuously rank high on search engines is good and continuously growing content. The more good content you have the better your rankings get and stay. Links are useful for specific keyword development, however google especially is starting to pay less attention to that, since this was abused a lot in the past. Social media links are also starting to make a real showing for positioning.

Good luck

2. Maurice6303

Maurice6303 New Member

One of my favorite ways to get listed high in the search engines is to post YouTube videos. They can be on the first page of google in as little as 3 days.

3. Art

Art Member

- SEO
    - backlinks
    - links to the backlinks - this will push your results forward instantly!

Good luck :)
    Art

4. Anders J

Anders J Member

My current owerall strategy combines different tactics.

SEO is outsourced. Complete packages are affordable via Elance.

Video's on youtube, Facebook group, Twitter, posts on blog.

5. Conner Hogan

Conner Hogan New Member

It is called page ranking. The question can easily be answered in a 4 year college degree equivalent
    education.

Google uses a system to find the best possible match for the search term.

This system changes daily. And Google is trying to keep mlm advertizing to a minimum.

If you want a page ranked quickly, then I suggest you pay someone.

Otherwise get ready for a lot of learning, writing, and patience.

Also a warning, it takes a few months to get a page from the bottom, to the top page rank.
    And you will need to keep working to have the page stay at the top. Otherwise it will fall back into nothing.
    On top of that search trends up and down.
    And you are competing with 9 other pros in the field.

Just so you know, that is the road ahead of you.

It is not impossible.

6. Rob Fore

Rob Fore New Member

Since the latest Google Penguin 2.1 updates... QUALITY COUNTS.

Google tends to rank high quality, highly researched blog posts that can be considered an "authority" post. Meaning it links out to other web sites where your visitors can get more information about the topic at hand.

For example, if you are writing "7 Ways to Get Leads" you don't want to just offer seven tips then link to only your program. You want to thoroughly research the topic and out to where people can find even more information about that particular tip, trick or inside secret.

Embed a video and add a couple of images.

Once you have quality content posted - syndicate the post to a number of social sharing sites and use automated backlinking tools to get both quality and quantity of links. Backlinks STILL matter.

7. Anders J

Anders J Member

Also part of my SEO strategy is the Seopressor plugin which is like having an SEO guru telling you how your content should be and give it the best SEO rank it can get.

This was developed by a guy named Daniel Tan who is a serious SEO guy. I have used this plugin for a long time and it does help my Google rankings. I noticed earlier this week that one of my pages was optimized to much. The SEO score was at 115 so I had to reduce some factors to get it below 100 which is the max recommended. Today I noticed that my main keyword for that page have gone 3 places up via Google tools.