Blog and a website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Kyle_K, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

As an update, what I have done is obtained a website. I say that, because I am using a pre-approved host/provider for my website, and the capture page is my link below. Then, I created a blog on Wordpress with a link to the website. My blog is not very content rich, but I am relatively new and still learning. I am predominantly promoting the website/capture page. However, there are some places where promoting my website directly would be frowned upon. There, I can promote my blog which has a link to my website.
  2. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

Yes, as most of the business sites do this, blog would be a section of your site where you can provide information related to your company and industry.
  3. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

I am new to blogging, but am finding that it can be a very simple way to grab attention, and focus on describing in your own words what it is you are trying to sell or market.

Very simple to add information to your blog page without having to know very much html. There are all kinds of widgets that can be used to spice things up.

For me lack of time makes blogging an excellent option.

Chad
  4. luvbodybyvi

luvbodybyvi New Member

Kyle_K: Ok, so I am thinking about starting a website for my business. I do plan to create a blog for it. However, do I want to create a website that has a blog associated with it or do I want to create a website for the business and then have a seperate blog on one of the free blogger sites out there? I guess I just need a little direction for how to set this up.
    I haven't read all the replies to your post, but I have my blog right in my website. I have my blog as it's own page and I use A LOT of internal links within my blog to other areas on my website. I do it all through WordPress. To look at my site, you would never know it was a blog.
  5. jamess

jamess Member

I would recommend that you create a blog within you website. When you update the blog then your site will also get the fresh and unique content.
  6. If you are planning to create a website and a blog, it would be best if you do it separately. Your blog should be in a subdomain(blog.yourdomain.com) as this is safe if your blog is being hacked by these internet bastards. The problem of having the blog as a static page of your website or what I call money site is that when bastards hack your blog, then your are in danger because your money site will be affected as well.