Blog commenting SEO

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by omrishabbat, Aug 9, 2010.

1. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

There is software that is pretty popular that people use for this (basically blackhat spam) They use Scrapebox and Xrumer for example and blast out like 10,000 comments a day to create backlinks.

Google is slowly closing in on these methods and in the next few Panda updates, they might just end up being almost completely useless.

2. dl_stpierre

dl_stpierre New Member

gowriter
    Thanks for that detailed information. I am still trying to figure out back links. This one really helped a lot.
    [​IMG]

3. ankush

ankush New Member

houseofelijah
    When one of the blog readers leaves a comment they are adding to the content on that page. Although not part of the post itself, the comment text is now additional information that search engines will discover and assess when determining what the page is about overall. Eventually these comments could undermine your SEO efforts on any post that allows them.

4. ankush

ankush New Member

omrishabbat
    yes[​IMG]

5. danai_p

danai_p New Member

I think CommentLuv and KeywordLuv really help with link building. 90% of the comment get approved and most of them are Dofollow..

6. jamess

jamess Member

Blog Commenting provides you traffic. If it is do follow comment then it will more better. So it beneficial to some extant..

7. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

In spite of the efforts to discourage comment spam through no-follow meta tags and so on, blog commenting can be very effective. You simply have to be strategic in your approach.

Post your comments on websites that are related to your niche which seem to have a steady flow of traffic. You can determine that to some extent by observing the number, quality and frequency of comments that are already posted.

Keep in mind that the readership will always be a significantly larger percentage than the number of people who actually take the time to post a comment. A well-written comment that is informative, intriguing or controversial, can stir up sufficient curiosity to get lots of click throughs.

Hermas

SandraGJ and Russell Toews like this.
  8. Shane1234

Shane1234 New Member

This is a good way to get backlinks. Like the above posts states, don't spam the comment sections it will do more harm than good believe me. Also make sure the blogs your commenting on is Dofollow. A good way to find out is by using CommentKahuna. They find blogs for you related to your niche and tell you if the blog gives you a dofollow or nofollow backlink.

SandraGJ and Russell Toews like this.
  9. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

I used to hate comment spam and I put in place many countermeasures against comment spam. The only real result was that my readers mostly lost the ability to contribute so I was the true loser. I needed to adjust my philosophy and my my methodology.

I removed all restrictions except that I have to approve all comments. Yes, I have to look at 95% of machine generated comment spam but that's better seeing nothing. I still hate comment spam with a passion so I often make good use of the spammers by editing out their spam and back link. Plus I replace the "Wow! I love your blog so I bookmarked" tripe with a new comment of my own that utilizes a couple of my keywords.

Do I feel guilty about this? No. Getting those keyword rich and on topic posts are my payment for having to sift through tons of garbage.

10. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

Are you sure this is necessary? The Nofollow tells the search spider not to follow to your site but the link to your site has been recorded whether the backlink is Dofollow or Nofollow. Having the spider visit along a Dofollow path is redundant if the spider has crawled there from any other route.

Looking only for Dofollow commenting may even hurt your search rating because the lopsided Do/No ratio feels contrived. I'm fairly certain that the optimal Dofollow/Nofollow ratio is part of the intricate algorithym used to determine search placement but it is likely changed periodically.

When I go out commenting, I personally don't pay any attention to the back link attributes.

SandraGJ and Dereco Cherry like this.
  11. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

I agree completely with your post but you have to keep in mind that some people want to get their pages indexed quickly, and most of them are really impatient. :D

payment proof and Russell Toews like this.
  12. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

I believe there is a fable starring a tortoise and a hare that covers that situation.

SandraGJ and payment proof like this.
  13. Amin

Amin New Member

If you only use blog commenting, it's not enough to get SEO juice.
    But it's a good starting to get few links (only if you post quality comments, and not spam)