Blogging And Traffic - How the 2 Fits Together

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by CarlG, May 6, 2010.

1. CarlG

CarlG New Member

Hi guys,

Hope its ok if I just share a few thoughts on this topic[​IMG]

I have been blogging for some time now and must say that I have learned quite a bit. At most times I find my strength and inspiration from forums like these.

Blogging is great because it is 2 fold; Firstly, you get to write on topics you enjoy and are passionate about and secondly, you can also make some money while doing so.

Now although that is far and in between it really is possible with patience and perseverance.

Your blog posts will take some time to be indexed by the various Search Engines as it will be fresh and new in the eyes of the SE. This is reality and you should accept it. One way to be on the good side of the SE is to post fresh and original content all the time. Search Engines loves fresh and original content.

An important point to remember though when posting to your blogs and websites is to ensure that they are keyword rich. So lets say I am writing about "How To Stop Snoring"; my article or posts will be between 300 - 400 words and I will include that phrase in the title and about 3 - 4 times in the body of my article or post. That is considered to be a good keyword density level.

While doing this it might still take some time for all your posts to be indexed correctly by the Search Engines. This is where TRAFFIC comes into play[​IMG]

I will touch on 2 Methods that I am fond of using namely; Article Marketing and Posting of Forums as I am doing now. Start out by writing articles on topics which you enjoy as this will make it easier for you to articulate yourself. 300 - 500 words should be ok to start out with. Again, ensure it is keyword rich. Check for spelling and grammar errors. Once all is good to go, post it to 2-3 Ezines or Article Directories.

Be 100% sure to include your website or blog link. This way when someone reads your post and they would want more information about what you have to offer, they will click on your link. This will generate incoming links to your blog, which will put you in good stead with the Search Engines.

So, the next time your blog gets crawled, you will be rewarded favorably by receiving better ranking.

This is about the length of an article so I will have to stop here.

Sorry I got carried away[​IMG]

Carl

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

CarlG: I have been blogging for some time now and must say that I have learned quite a bit. At most times I find my strength and inspiration from forums like these.
    Same here... great post![​IMG]

3. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Thanks for sharing your blogging insight Carl. I shared a similar experience. When knowledgeable of keyword placement and density I began to slowly rank in google.

I made the mistake of never having a keyword in mind as a beginning blogger. Now I know better.

Ditto on the inspiration. Forums and other blogs have been the source of my energy when times get tough. Blogging can be a lonely business before you find an audience. Search for any sources of motivation because you're going to need them.

4. ericsquest

ericsquest New Member

Carl, thanks for sharing! I agree keyword rich posts are important to get your post ranked and bringing in traffic. And if you are like me I'm sure get some surprise traffic spikes every once in a while from posts you were just writing from the heart without much keyword research at all. Awesome! [​IMG]

5. CarlG

CarlG New Member

ericsquest: And if you are like me I'm sure get some surprise traffic spikes every once in a while from posts you were just writing from the heart without much keyword research at all
    Hey Eric,

It is crazy that you should mention that! I just saw one of my posts (from the heart, no keyword research!) which I posted to an Ezine only yesterday evening and it has been giving me more traffic than the ones I spent some time doing keyword research on[​IMG]

It has only been a couple of hours and that post has more "reads" than articles that has been showing for 1 week.

Keep it real[​IMG]

Thanks for comments...

6. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

Hi Carl.

Yes, thats right. You should write like humans too, not machines. Google is not looking your keyword density anymore. This is old stuff. LSI and relevant keywords count now and content. What works for me best, is to have main keyword, check that in Google wonder wheel, see what Google thinks. Use main keyword + 1 or 2 others from WW. And just write.