blogspot or squidoo?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by laurisuk, Feb 26, 2009.

1. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Squidoo is the bomb and NS is a great help with it, especially with his how-to lens. [​IMG]

I personally use both as that way I can link them together and have the adsense ads on my blog bu draw more traffic with Squidoo.. it makes for a nice combo but you do need to optimize both your blog and lens correctly with keywords to get the best results.

2. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Whether blog or squidoo,

Focusing on Keywords are factor!

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

3. KB24

KB24 Active Member

I currently use both blogger and squidoo. I am currently having a squidoo len's being built for me

4. JDCruz

JDCruz New Member

I suggest that you use both. One helps promote the other.

5. LynnW

LynnW New Member

I use both!!! [​IMG] I make more money right now on Squidoo and I love how easy it is. Blogger is a great platform for blogs and on going diaries. It's fun to use too, but it's a lot different from Blogger. [​IMG]

6. MargaretJones

MargaretJones New Member

I definitely agree that you should use as many free resources as you're comfortable with. As they say, the more the merrier! [​IMG]

7. Roseanne

Roseanne New Member

I love Squidoo, and will always favour it over other blog sites. However, everybody is right with the forth and back linking because it creates more traffic. [​IMG]

8. mbasa

mbasa Member

A blog needs to be updated almost daily. It is ok if you have something to blog about. You can use both though to generate traffic.

9. star0525

star0525 New Member

I have learned something new with every lens that I have made so far in Squidoo. I think its a little easier to get traffic from squidoo than a blog.

10. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

Do both if you have time and energy since they're free. You can create a blog and squidoo page to support the blog.

11. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I use both. I like Squidoo as it's so easy to pop up a lens. The more you do, the easier it gets. Squidoo seems to actually make me more money, don't really know why. I should but really don't rely on the ad sense etc at all. Haven't checked on my adsense in months. It's the affiliate links that pay off for me.

12. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

I love Squidoo too! Really easy, good looking and Google still like Squidoo lens' when promoted [​IMG]

13. sk8erpizimp

sk8erpizimp New Member

Using squidoo as a backlink for your blogspot blog would be ideal it will help you get ranked easier and faster in search engines.

14. shuvo

shuvo Member

I am using both networks to build backlinks.As associate with Google,you cant avoid blogger.On the other hand it seems Google love squidoo as many lenses for many keywords get a higher position In Google.

15. ashleyam

ashleyam New Member

I use both but presently blogspot is giving me more traffic.[​IMG]

16. AlexC

AlexC New Member

The best blogging platform by far away is WORDPRESS - so, if you want to blog about something , you must buy one domain like .com or .net and install wordpress on it - this is the best way to blog about something !

Squidoo lenses are one of the best way to build your backlink campaign and promote your blog or website ... or product .

I recommend you to buy your own hosted domain and install wordpress .

17. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

A recent feature I discovered on Squidoo it the RSS feed of your blog. I don't know the technical part of this, but I do know that when I used this feature my blog traffic and my income took a really noticeable upswing. Now when I post a new post on my blog, it feeds into my Lens. I make the titles catchy and they click on through. Now my customer has probably read an article to get to my lens, read through my lens and landed on my blog. I have built some credibility with good content and it translates to dolllars.

18. GRmom49519

GRmom49519 New Member

Squidoo works really well for me, I have a handful (4) PR5 lenses and several PR4 and below, the beauty of the lenses is they seem to have longevity, maintaining their PR over long periods of time with little to no maintenance. I also have several blogger blogs that are PR3, but I find those can be harder to maintain depending on the type of content.

19. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

I'm not sure if squidoo is as friendly to affiliates anymore as they used to be.

Blogging on your site is def the biggest asset that you have in my opinion.

20. weblogger

weblogger New Member

Both blogger and squidoo are good in terms of search engine traffic. But i prefer blogger because of its simplicity. I feel squidoo is made so complex and it needs some learning...

Also in terms of revenue sharing there is no such concept in blogger coz i get paid 1005 of what i deserve [​IMG]

Thanks

My vote is for Blogger blog..