Building a Web Site With a Forum

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by robinincarolina, Mar 14, 2011.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I don't even know where to start. I am so technically challenged. I can build a site with weebly,, but my question is will they be able to hold all the data. It seems like such a stupid question, but I just don't understand this stuff. I have been doing fine with articles, blogs and squidoo, but I have over 200 people wanting to follow me to my site and a forum.

This forum could be really big. I would hate for it to just poof one day because I set it up all wrong.

Any thoughts would be appreciated very much.

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Take things slowly. Rome was not built in one day.

Set daily goals and you can have a forum too.

3. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have 4 days. A very big site is closing and there are hundreds of posters with no where to go. They want to stay together and they seem to have blind faith that I can do it. Ideas?
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Robin,

Do you still have your SBI site? If so, is the group/forum related to that site niche at all? If so, you can use InfinitIt to add a forum to your SBI site as a subdomain. There's a section in the SBI forum about how to do it.

Hope that helps.
  5. -Buy a domain name that fits with the type of forum you are building.(cost = $10)

-get a hosting account(cost + $10/month)

-there are wordpress plug-ins available that allow you install and set-up a membership site/ forum with just a few clicks.

The most important thing is that you 100% control it with your OWN domain and hosting.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!