Business Expo?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by dawnmo, Sep 17, 2007.

1. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

I am a member of a small Women's Business group in my town. Our group will be sponsoring a holiday expo in November. Many of the members are in party plans (Mary Kay, Lia Sophia, etc.). There are also some insurance agents, personal chefs, etc.

I would like some advice as to how to best present Coastal at the Expo. I have always heard that you should try to get leads with a giveaway (not try to sell).

I would appreciate some ideas - if anyone here has had success with this.

Thanks.

2. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Use the Business Incentives to market to them....JMO.

3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hey Dawn,

Were you in Nashville for the Coastal Seminar?

More B2B training will be added to the official coastal training website...should be end of this week or first of next week.

Jay NaPier

4. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: jnapierMore B2B training will be added to the official coastal training website...should be end of this week or first of next week.

Jay NaPier

Awesome! I am looking forward to that information.

5. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Dawn,

There are two options. The get a booth option and the I'll attend option.

I just attended a home expo with over 200 booths. I didn't have a booth. It was the same weekend and the same location as the Coastal event. I did go and I did collect the info from the businesses in attendance. I'll go back to them and market the coastal package.

We have b2b calls each week on Tuesday at 2pm EST..btw

If you do a booth. Give away a vacation an hour. If you can get the event holder to announce your winner each hour....do it.
    If you can trade a vacation for the booth...do it
    Talk with each business owner there and be sure they see what your doing and the traffic your getting. Make your both a very vacation theme. Go all out...maybe spend $100 on stuff from the party store.

When you've got all the people who've registered, you can rent a room at a hotel and do a hotel presention. Thursday seems to be one of the best days to do that.

Hope this helps.

Jay NaPier

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi,
    Where do we find the B2B stuff on the website or isn't it there yet?I have been checking but haven't been able to find it.

GREAT calls on the BOD live dials by the way..thanks to all the leaders that stepped out and did those.Crystal from OH was awesome ,too.

There is something we can pick up from all the leaders that stepped out and did those - what a great business we are in!

Thanks!
    ~Viola

7. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Viola,

I too have been looking on the training site daily for the B2B stuff as well. [​IMG]

I can't wait until it gets there.

8. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Just a quick note. One of the advantages to attending events is that there often is training materials that does take time to become available. Some of the best training I have has come from Official Coastal Events.

Hope this helps.

Jay NaPier

9. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Jay,

You are on the advisory board , were at the event, have a background in B2B, always talk about sharing, have youtube videos talking about various Coastal products (I could keep going on) so why dont you make something available about B2B on the forum?

How about a thread on Jay's B2B ideas. Kind of like I thought of putting together with my Adam's Advantage. As probably the only 7 figure earner in the forum and one of the most widely recognized names here I bet it would be good for your image as well as more importantly doing what you post so much about in here , giving back.

I know I would be open to sharing my knowledge on the subject. So the ball is in your court. You were there and got the info from the the proverbial horses mouth so how about it?

Just a thought, not trying to put you on the spot but I know we could all benefit.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753

10. goldmills

goldmills New Member

There is a nice incentives flyer for all coastal reps in the brochure catagory in this official Coastal tool.

iprintcenter.com/coastal

Maybe Jay does not want to share all his secrets, why not host a conference call? You can get a lot of ideas about B2B by listening to the BOD calls during the week with Scot O.

Tuesdays, 2:00 pm EDT: official Coastal BOD training phone #

11. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Adam, I'm always happy to share.

You should go door to door introducing yourself to business owners. Have 3-5 ideas on how they can use the membership and all businesses are not created equal - so, do your research to know how they do their marketing. Ask alot of questions before you try to suggest our membership makes sense as they know their business better than you do.

We do have some great trainings, but all the training in the world does nothing for you until you talk to business owners. The best training I could give would be to take 1 person with me in their area and talk to business owners.

When I was in the ad specialty business I learned that the best marketing products ( example: calendars) won't do a thing for you if you don't have a distribution method - and setting them on the counter doesn't count.

We do have weekly trainings and Q and A on B2B so if that's a direction you want to go....attend the call on Tuesday at 2PM EST.

Jay NaPier

12. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: goldmillsMaybe Jay does not want to share all his secrets

I don't mind sharing at all. B2B can be fun, but even if I posted a script it won't help.

One thing I've not seen said here is that doing B2B can be tough. Business owners don't like solicitors and some will blow you off before you even tell them why your there. You get 3 seconds to get their attention so you've got to say the right thing to get their attention....and it's not always the same thing.

Be relaxed, be real, and be ready if this is a direction you want to go.

Jay NaPier

13. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Thanks to all for the responses but my question to Jay is was that the training that was given at the seminar that we are waiting for on the COA training site? A few have been looking for it and it was stated that if you want the training then you should be at the event. Going to the event is by far the best way to get the most up to date info but for those that cant attend it is nice when leaders share. Many people cant attend for various reasons. I have a teammate that is very serious about their business but doesnt travel alot as they care for a sick parent. Someone like them would benefit from the sharing of ideas on a forum such as this.

Quoting: mountainmom5Hi,
    Where do we find the B2B stuff on the website or isn't it there yet?I have been checking but haven't been able to find it.

Quoting: jnapierJust a quick note. One of the advantages to attending events is that there often is training materials that does take time to become available. Some of the best training I have has come from Official Coastal Events.

Because of the two above quotes is why I made my post. So again my question is this. Jay is your post the training that was given at the event? If not do you have an idea when it will be put on the website or do you have something about it you can share?

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753

14. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Scotts calls on Tuesday on B2B have been very good. This is one tip I got from his call.

Your job is to teach them a way to use the vacations to increase their bottom line. You show them how inexpensively they can get involved to help their business GROW.

6 Points for businesses some may use all or a few:

1. Help make a sale or close a deal
    2. Employee Incentives
    3. Save a sale - save a cancellation
    4. Get referrals
    5. Thank you gifts
    6. Generate Interest - attract more business to their business.