Calcium Supplement

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by broadland, Sep 17, 2007.

1. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I highly recommend Bone Builder. I do not recommend this because I am in the business side of this company. It is an exceptional product with clinical studies in 2005 showing an increase of 6% bone mass in the hip femoral area.

The owner of Trivita's wife, suffered from cancer and the treatments really weakened her bone's. She started taking this and had bone density test's before she took it and several month's after taking it and her result's were exceptional, I forgot the exact percentages. We discussed this in conversation at a dinner, so this is not something that was said for any publicity.

I had a bad fall almost a year ago with a lot of hip and lower back pain. Someone told me to try this, I did and will never stop taking it. Another person I know broke her collar bone and it really helped her as well. I had initially thought this product was just for preventing osteoporosis, which more women are prone to, but I know alot of men that take this as well, for the bone health and healing.

I know we are supposed to paraphrase, but this is from the description of the product and I do not want to misstate this information:

A comprehensive formula containing THREE key components. These are listed in order of importance.

1. A proprietary blend which addresses the bone remodeling process.
    There is a constant battle between the cells that destroy our bones (Ostoclast) and cells that build them up (Osteoblasts) This Process is called Bone Remodeling.
    Brazos Minshew, TriVita's Chief Science Officer: "When we age Osteoclast activity outweighs OsteoBlast activity - leading to a decrease in bone mass. Our proprietary blend helps to rebalance the bone building process by limiting Osteoclast and promoting Osteoblast. This will minimize further bone loss.
    2. Calcium from MCHC - an extremely bioavailable source of calcium. MCHC is the same form of calcium that is found in our bones. MCHC is a natural compound that makes up the crystalline matrix of bone, and the substance that gives them their rigidity.
    Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body, comprising a total of 2% of our body weight. 99% of calcium is found in our bones, thus to build bone it is essential that you have enough calcium in your diet.
    3. Includes essential nutrients that maximize Calcium absorption and utilization in the body

TriVita Bone Builder Facts:

TriVita Bone Builder contains Bone Growth Factor?„?, an exclusive blend of nutrients that promotes the rebuilding process. These nutrients activate the cells that are responsible for building new bone and rebuilds sections of the bone that have been broken down or injured. So, protect yourself from weak, porous bones and see an improvement in bone mass with consistent use. Try TriVita Bone Builder today.

Product Label:

Amount per Serving % Daily Value
    Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 60 mg 100%
    Vitamin D (as D3 and fish liver oil) 1000 IU 250%
    V itamin K (phylloquinone) 600 mcg 750%
    V itamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCL) 1.5 mg 75%
    Folic Acid 100 mcg 25%
    Calcium (as MCHC, carbonate, phosphate, 1000 mg 100%
    citrate, lactate, orotate, d-glucarate)
    Phosphorus (as MCHC, and calcium 246 mg 25%
    phosphate)
    Magnesium (as oxide and aspartate) 400 mg 100%
    Zinc (aspartate) 15 mg 100%
    Copper (as copper glycinate) 0.5 mg 25%
    Manganese (as manganese gluconate) 2 mg 100%
    Potassium (chloride and glycerophosphate) 100 mg 3%
    MCHC (microcrystalline hydroxyapatite) 1500 mg *
    Bone Growth Factor?„? Proprietary blend 314.6 mg *
    Evening Primrose, Ipriflavone, GABA, Inositol, Silica, Boron, Choline,
    5-methoxy-N-acetyltryptamine.
    * Daily Value not established.

2. RobertRam

RobertRam New Member

Hello- This is my first post here. I'm happy i found this site and signed up instead of lurking. LOL

Anyways,I've been taking BodyBalance which is a liquid vitamin supplement that actually absorbs into your body at a rate of 90%+ (google it)which is well above the absorption rate of a pill which is 10-20%. And to top it off its all natural unlike pills which are mostly synthetic.

3. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I also supplement my diet with Omega 3's and a Multi-vitamin daily. It seems to be doing the job.

Eating good is priority no matter what.

4. fastaction

fastaction New Member

broadland: For women approaching menopause, this is a must. Historically, in the west, Calcium pills were heavily promoted in the 60' and 70'. Then (mainly for commercial reasons), the emphasis shifted to promoting Oestrogen for prevention of Osteoporosis (softening of bone). Then with excessive breast cancer using Oestrogen therapy the emphasis is now back to Calcium supplement.
    I was diagnosed with osteoporosis a number of years ago and have been having bone denisty scans regularly since then. I have been taking 3 good-quality calcium pills every day, as well as vitamin D tablets and doing as much walking as I possibly can. I also eat calcium-rich food and drink as much milk as I can comfortably consume.

Whilst most people's bone density decreases as one ages, mine has increased and my diagnosis has been changed from osteoporosis to osteopenia, which basically means that my bones have moved from 'high risk of breaking' to 'medium risk of breaking'.

Thanks to calcium pills for building up my bone density. I was lucky to be diagnosed when I was, specially as men are not usually tested for osteoporosis. Luckily, my doctor picked up that my bones looked very thin when I went to him for another complaint and sent me for a bone density test.

5. I take Veruni Liquid Nutrition from Strong Futures International Marketing Group and it is improved. Now it has

Our new berry flavored formula now has Acai Berry Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Omegas 3 & 6, and Calcium! It's also Gluten free.

Veriuni Advanced Liquid Nutrition is a one-of-a-kind, all-natural liquid supplement designed to promote robust health. Our exclusive formula packs 13 vitamins, 9 herbs, 18 amino acids, and a variety of nutrients, minerals, and plant extracts for total body wellness in every delicious, mixed-berry-flavored, 1-ounce dose.

Why take a liquid nutrition? One word--ABSORPTION!!! The nutrients in Veriuni's Advanced Liquid Nutrition are up to 98% absorbable. Compare that to the less effective 5-10% absorption rate for capsules or hard-to-swallow compressed "horse pills" with unfavorable vitamin aftertastes. Advanced Liquid Nutrition's unique dietary supplement contains nearly every daily nutrient required for vigorous health in a 1-ounce dose.

You can't get this formula anywhere else online or in stores! Try Veriuni Advanced Liquid Nutrition today and start noticing an improved sense of well-being and increased energy today!

Directions: For use as a dietary supplement, take 2 tablespoons daily. Shake well before each use. Keep out of reach of children.

Caution: Women who are pregnant or nursing should consult their health care provider before using this product.

REFRIGERATE AFTER OPENING

INGREDIENTS/LABEL INFORMATION:

ADVANCED LIQUID NUTRITION
    mixed-berry-flavored vitamin & mineral supplement
    32 FL. OZ. (946 ml) ??? Dietary Supplement

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 2 tablespoons (approximately 30 ml, 16 calories)
    Servings Per Container: approximately 32

Ingredients -- Amount per serving / % Daily Value*

Potassium (Citrate) -- 70 mg / 2%
    Vitamin A (Palmitate) -- 5,000 IU / 100%
    Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) -- 60 mg / 100%
    Calcium (Citrate) -- 250 mg / 25%
    Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) -- 400 IU / 100%
    Vitamin E (dl-alpha Tocopherol Acetate) -- 30 IU / 100%
    Vitamin B1 (Thiamin HCI) -- 1.5 mg / 100%
    Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) -- 1.7 mg / 100%
    Vitamin B3 (as Niacinamide) -- 20 mg / 100%
    Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) -- 2 mg / 100%
    Folic Acid -- 400 mcg / 100%
    Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) -- 6 mcg / 100%
    Biotin -- 300 mcg / 100%
    Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate) -- 10 mg / 100%
    Zinc (Gluconate) -- 5 mg / 33%
    Inositol -- 50 mg / ?? 
    Acai Extract -- 100 mg / ?? 
    Aloe Vera 200:1 -- 1mg / ?? 
    Total Carbohydrate (Sugars) -- 4 g / 1%
    Amino Acid Complex -- 10 mg / ?? 
    (Lysine, Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Cystine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Taurine, Tyrosine, Valine) Herbal Complex -- 10 mg / ?? 
    (Green Tea Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf, Red Raspberry Extract, Pau d' Arco Extract, Grape Skin Extract, White Willow Bark Extract, Cat's Claw Extract, Bilberry Extract, Hawthorne Berry Extract)
    Bioflavanoids (Quercitin, Rutin) -- 5 mg / ?? 
    CoQ10 -- 3 mg / ?? 
    Grape Seed Extract -- 5 mg / ?? 
    Essential Fatty Acids (Lecithin, Flaxseed Oil) -- 245 mg / ?? 

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    ?? Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients: Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Fructose, Natural Flavors, Vegetable Gum, Citric Acid, Potassium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (as preservatives), Citrus Pectin, Bromelain, Royal Jelly.

6. AshleySullivan

AshleySullivan New Member

piggybanker: Are you familiar with o2 Proformance Hydration also known as Coral Calcium and it's benefits?
    Coral Calcium is good but it can be expensive. It was really big a while back but has faded in popularity lately. Arguably a better source of daily calcium.

7. anne12

anne12 New Member

Hello Friends........

Thanks for sharing this useful information with all of us.

Keep sharing more useful information in the future.

Have a nice time ahead.

Thanks

8. bing

bing New Member

I'm a nursing mom and I take calcium supplements. I drink milk but not "always". I didn't know about the need of having vitamin D in parallel with the calcium supplement. Is vitamin D from sun rays not enough?

With regards to supplements, I go for companies that are pro organic...