Can anyone help a newbie?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Jedi Networker, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Jedi Networker

Jedi Networker New Member

My name is Gabriel Romero and I am new to network marketing. All my friends, even my family, say that I am crazy. But I will never quit until I get residual income. Can anyone give me some direction? What are some inexepensive ways to market? How can I promote on a shoestring budget? Can anyone give me a source or two? Thanks.
  2. FLP_Mom

FLP_Mom New Member

Hello Gabriel,
    First i would like to tell you that it does not matter what people around you say. Usually their fears and barriers are reflected in their advises. Follow your heart and be consistent - i am sure you will have a sucess.
    From my expirience, i would advice you to look for a network that offers something you can relate to. something you will be able to see yourself as a customer not only as a distributor. if you use the service/product that you sell and enjoy it then things will be much easier for you down the road and it will help you gain the confidence that you will need especially in the first few months.
    No matter what you choose, be prepare to work hard in order to establish you business. it is like any other type of business so dont expect to get rich over night or over a year but if you will like what you do you will be able to enjoy the journey and at the end build yourself your financial freedom.
    if there is anything else i can do to help just let me know

Good luck
  3. Mike McClurg

Mike McClurg New Member

Hey Gabriel,

What friends and family think counts for nada.
    I agree with FLP MOM,

Being new to the industry I would suggest finding a company
    that is product driven, with a wholesale price point that you actually can retail it. (most don't).

I would start right RETAILING

For great success the product must be unique (not a me too product.)

And have a niche market and meet the needs or wants of a prospective customer.

As far as advertising on a budget community papers do well
    flea markets, Flyers (yes they work) sizzle cards ect...

I have teeshirts my wife and I wear advertising my product.

Then after you've built a customer base then start recruiting,
    you have some cash and also, feel more confident.

Remember this....

Retailing creates a living, recruiting creates a lifestyle [​IMG]

much success to you, if you need me to do anything for you,

Feel free to let me know.

Mike
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Jedi Networker: My name is Gabriel Romero and I am new to network marketing. All my friends, even my family, say that I am crazy. But I will never quit until I get residual income. Can anyone give me some direction? What are some inexepensive ways to market? How can I promote on a shoestring budget? Can anyone give me a source or two? Thanks.
    First of all - Welcome! Could you give us a bit of an idea what you are doing so far? Have you done any kind of marketing yet? Are you with an mlm company?

That will help us give you some pointers.[​IMG]
  5. Jedi Networker

Jedi Networker New Member

I am with a company called shopbest. I worked with Nutrition for Life but they were bought out.
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Jedi Networker: I am with a company called shopbest.
    So do you have a website that you can use? Or do you recruit by meeting people?? Surely they have a training system in place for new people??

I used to be in network marketing and it is HUGE to have a training system in place as when YOU sign up new people you will want to be able to plug THEM into a system of some sort that will help them get started.

Make sense?

Have you been to danijohnson.com ? It is a fabulous website with great training for network marketing.

There's a guy around here somewhere (matt zenittini) that can probably help you as well as he is a successful network marketer.... . He may be by soon.... [​IMG]
  7. Here are few inexpensive ways to market

1) Article Marketing

2) Commenting on Blogs

3) Making webpages on squidoo.com or hubpages.com

4) Posting videos on you tube

5) Social Networking sites

6) Online Press Releases

These are simple and inexpensive ways to market your business opportunity but remember first offer value then your business opportunity
  8. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

mountainmom5: There's a guy around here somewhere (matt zenittini) that can probably help you as well as he is a successful network marketer.... . He may be by soon....
    Haha Thanks M5 =]. You even spelled my last night correctly! =].

Hey Jedi,

I looked into your opportunity website and noticed a few things.

-It is a shopping mall
    -It is a newly created company (2009)
    -It is a pretty spiffy website =].

Those things are all both good and bad. Except for the spiffy website part. That is a good thing to have.

I'm not entirely sure how it works because a lot of the videos are down. Are their products more expensive than other online outlets?

Being a shopping mall means you probably get paid based off of the sales you and your downline make on their malls. And maybe even the sales of bringing new distributors on.

If that is the case you will probably end up making the bulk of your money bringing new distributors on.

There is nothing wrong with that. But it is generally good to look for a company that offers a consumable product, so that your downline and distributors are all buying product every month. It makes it a little easier to hit that *true* residual income you are looking for.

I am definitely not one to talk there because I also (newly) have a shopping mall type business.

I also have a consumable product one :p.

Since the company was started in 2009 and officially launched in March of this year. It is a ground floor opportunity. Which has its pros and cons. The people who jump on a new trend early stand to benefit the most if they stick it out and the company is a success. It is also a bit riskier in the sense most MLM companies will fail.

I know you were not asking for advice about your company.. But being new to the industry I just wanted to give you some things to think about.

As far as direction to market your business... It's going to be tough!. For this you need to learn how to market. Do you currently have any knowledge of how online/offline marketing works?

There are TONS of ways to this. But before I go into any, like M5 said.. if your company doesn't have a system to help you succeed.. How are the people you recruit going to succeed? How did the person who found you sponsor you? How did they find you? Can they help you learn marketing?

There was a pretty cool post it note idea someone posted on this forum a while ago that originated from larry beacham. You can do a google search for "larry beacham post it note".

That is a great way to get qualified leads on a budget using offline marketing.

If you plan on marketing online you are going to need a squeeze page and an autoresponder.

I use GVO to host my websites and handle my autoresponders as do lots of "high profile" networkers.

http://www.gogvo.com

It is about $44 a month and is also an MLM company where you can make money by referring other people.

How I do it is when someone joins my downline and wants to market online I have them sign up for GVO and I help them with their websites.. That way I can build a second stream of income and they now have that option too.

Ever since my first month with GVO I have never had to pay for my webhosting because the money I have made has more than paid for itself.

If you are not experienced in making a squeeze page and adding an autoresponder you should google it. It is complicated enough where you will need to spend some time learning how to do it.. Or find a team that has one already made that you can buy or use.

There is also a chance your company gave you a replicated site you can use that would be effective in generating prospects and sales.

After your squeeze page you will need to send targeted traffic to your website! Being a shopping mall you are going to most likely be promoting the business end of it and not the shopping end of it. So you will want to send people looking for an online business to that squeeze page.

To do this you can post in forums (like this one) and have a link to your squeeze page in your signature file. You can generate lots of traffic that way.

You can also get lousy un-targeted traffic from Traffic Exchanges! I'm not a big fan but I have seen LOTS of great reps come from traffic exchanges so they do work and they are free. Google traffic exchanges.

The post above me that Yadvinder made has some free ways you can market also. You can either search these topics on this forum or google them and you should be able to come up with some good free ways that you want to market your business.

Learn one thing at a time and continue to grow. In the future there is very effective paid ways to advertise too.

One of the best things you can do for yourself AND your business is continue to invest in yourself.

Never stop learning.

Also to keep a healthy mindset make sure you stay plugged into motivational speakers!

Anyone can get that residual income.. Literally ANYONE.

And it feels good =].

Matt
  9. blessedathome

blessedathome New Member

I would say your new home based business is more about building relationships not marketing. Just remember the #1 reason your company needs you as a rep is not because they want you to do mass marketing afterall they could hire an advertising agency for that. They need you because word of mouth and relationship marketing is far more powerful than any ad campaign.

The best advice I got when I first started was go to danijohnson.com and take advantage of the free training. I did that and then ended up buying alot of her stuff eventually. That training is what has helped me build businesses in 3 different companies.

This really is the best "marketing" advice I can give you. I do not get hung up on alot of marketing techniques like alot of people do, I just focus on talking with New Friends each day and see if what I do can help them. Everything else is just hoopla.JMHO
  10. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

blessedathome: Everything else is just hoopla.JMHO

[​IMG] hoopla.

The main reason Network Marketing companies use network marketing rather than paying an advertising agency is indeed because it's more effective and profitable.

I can almost guarantee most MLM products would never be sold in such quantity if there wasn't the opportunity luring people to buy them.

Marketing is still a huge aspect to it either way.

So is networking as you state.

I believe they are equally important and should both be part of ones business. I mean if marketing is hoopla.. Hoopla has made LOTS of millionaires.

Matt
  11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Matt Zenittini: Haha Thanks M5 =]. You even spelled my last night correctly! =].
    haha - I had to go check on how many 'n's' there were.[​IMG]

Matt Zenittini: I believe they are equally important and should both be part of ones business. I mean if marketing is hoopla.. Hoopla has made LOTS of millionaires.
    lol - I would say so!

You NEED to learn 'hoopla' if you don't want to lose all your friends! We have had a lot of our friends get really burnt in trying to promote their busienss to their 'warm market' before they really knew what they were doing...

But yeah - listen to what Matt tells you and let him help you... [​IMG]

And danijohnson.com is awesome personal development training to listen to daily.
  12. Mike McClurg

Mike McClurg New Member

Yep learning Hoopla[​IMG]
    sure helps [​IMG]
  13. mikeherman

mikeherman New Member

Free ways include Classified Ads (plenty of free online ones out there), Facebook, MySpace, article marketing (all free) and you can place inexpensive top sponsor and solo ads in ezines.
  14. Colemame

Colemame New Member

The number one thing I have focused on is to NOT go into debt while starting my MLM. I have put the money I have made back into my business but have not made more debt!
  15. Cesar Fasano

Cesar Fasano Guest

Even though it has been many months since you post, i wanted to add something to the conversation: be sure to make a top priority in your list to invest in yourself.

This a game of skills and you must start with your mindset.

About marketing strategies...the most effective way is to start with 1 or 2 and master them.

You have tons of ways to market online:

Content Creation (Articles, Videos, Press Releases)
    Direct Response Advertising (PPC, PPV, Classifieds, Banners)
    Direct Interaction (Facebook, Twitter, Forums)

The more personal value you have, the more value you can share...People will join you instead of your company.

Buena Suerte! (Good Luck)