Can I link A Free Ebook Fom Squidoo?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by redsadie, Apr 28, 2009.

1. redsadie New Member

Hi guys

I have a free ebook that I would like to offer on one of my Squidoo lenses. Does anyone know how I can do this as the ebook is sat on my hard drive?

Many thanks as always

R. xx
  2. redsadie New Member

Ok guys I figured it out! [IMG]

Wanna know how?

The ebook I'm promoting has a link which asks me to right click to download it to my hard drive. I right clicked that link and then clicked on properties (which is usually at the bottom). That then brought up a little 'properties' box. In this box was the url address of the ebook I wanted to give away. I copied and pasted the url into my Squidoo with the usual >a href=" < and the name of what I wanted to call the link. Presto! Clicked it to make sure it worked (it does [IMG]) and there you have it.

I hope this is as useful to someone else as it is to me [IMG]

R. x
  3. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi RS,

That would certainly work.

Nice job on figuring it out yourself. Problem solving is quite fulfilling, don't you find?

~Newbie Shield~
  4. redsadie New Member

Newbie Shield: Hi RS,

That would certainly work.

Nice job on figuring it out yourself. Problem solving is quite fulfilling, don't you find?
    Hi NS

Yes, it is really fulfilling! The thing with me is that I tend to rush in (where Angels fear to tread?[IMG]) and if I don't find what I need straight away, that's it! I'm on the forums asking, lol!

Then I slow down, remembering the way of the tortoise, and funny, I usually find what I need all by myself [IMG]

Would you suggest a different way that's maybe easier? I found this fairly easy once I'd taken the time [IMG]

I like to think I may have helped someone like me though who maybe has the same question.

R. x
  5. samda Member

Good. Host it somewhere in rapid share or file hosting and make the link.
    If you have your own website hosting it in your server is the best of all.
    Sam
  6. Newbie Shield Gold Member

redsadie: Hi NS

Yes, it is really fulfilling! The thing with me is that I tend to rush in (where Angels fear to tread?) and if I don't find what I need straight away, that's it! I'm on the forums asking, lol! Then I slow down, remembering the way of the tortoise, and funny, I usually find what I need all by myself
    Hi RS,

That's normal and quite common. But now you're starting to see the value and wisdom of slowing down a bit as well as poking around by yourself to make it work. It's good to go where Angels fear to tread as long as you're prepared ;)

redsadie: Would you suggest a different way that's maybe easier?
    No, I'd say you've discovered the best way - set up a page where visitors can download your ebook and link to it as you would to any page.

redsadie: I like to think I may have helped someone like me though who maybe has the same question.
    A lot of folks are wondering how to do that. You've definitely created a valuable thread, nice job!

Keep at it :)

~Newbie Shield~
  7. redsadie New Member

Aw Newbie Shield, you certainly know how to make a gal feel good [IMG]

Thanks. x