Can someone explain what a HYIP is

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by chadarcy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. chadarcy Member

HYIPs sound like they can make money very quickly and easily, but what exactly are they? How do they work? What is the risk?

I have joined one that is stating it is similar to a HYIP but they also claim to be indefinitely sustainable. I would like to risk putting more money into it but have heard in general HYIPs can be around one day and gone tomorrow.

I would like to hear from people that have experience with them, or know what they are for sure.

Thanks in advance,
    Chad
  2. chadarcy Member

3. kellerbrianw New Member

Be wary and investigate HYIPs further! A HYIP is a high-yield investment program.

I didn't know what they were either, so I used a search engine and typed HYIP . Wiki describes them as a " type of Ponzi scheme, which is an investment scam that promises unsustainably high return on investment by paying previous investors with the money invested by new investors".

Perhaps others will share their experiences with HYIPs with you. My advice? Be wary!

Here's to your success!

Brian
  4. chadarcy Member

Brian thanks for your response back. You have actually got me a bit more excited, because I know that ponzis are very easy to make money at but can end quickly. The unsustainable part of the definition is what caught my eye because Just Been Paid actually claims to be indefinitely sustainable.

As an example of what they do to ensure being indefinitely sustainable, Just Been Paid instead of paying 2% per day on the weekend they drop it down to 1.5%. Also there are restarts which also helps to control the funds for the company.

I am very excited now!

Chad
  5. kellerbrianw New Member

Chad,

No two ponzis are alike. Just be careful. You're a much younger man than I am, so I don't want my children's inheritance being wiped out.

Here's to your success!

Brian
  6. chadarcy Member

Brian,

I here ya! I am not a gambler and only will put in what I can afford to loose. Actually, I have already put in a smaller amount and my goal is to as soon as possible, pay that back and get into profit.

Chad