Can Someone help me with adwords?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dayec12, Jan 11, 2009.

1. dayec12

dayec12 New Member

I just made a few blogs and some squidoo lenses.
    I really like to write about stuff I am interested in.

Anyways, I know it takes time. I have adsense on my blogs and a few affiliate programs. I cant get any traffic. I look up keywords to use all the time.

So should I use adwords on my blogs? How does adwords work?

I know you have to pay but how do you know how much to pay?

Thanks!
    Daye

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Daye,

Adwords is something you have to read quite a bit about before you attempt to use it or you will likely lose money.

You'll learn how to use it, how to reduce the cost via relevancy, and how much phrases will cost through extensive study. You'll also have to learn how to track and tweak your campaigns.

As such it's not really something to be taught from scratch on a forum. It's a fairly time-consuming study.

Just to clear something up - you don't "use it on your blog" as you do with Adsense, you use to drive traffic to your blog.

Just Google it and read several blogs and forums that specialize in Adwords. You could also find an eBook on the topic.

~Newbie Shield~

3. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

4. dayec12

dayec12 New Member

Thanks Everyone!!

I will definetley read up on it!

5. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Also be sure to check out the Stompernet site, they had an AWESOME Adwords tutorial a while back (should still be there somewhere) that will help to increase your traffic while keeping costs as low as possible. [​IMG]

6. jadimon

jadimon New Member

I would suggest that if you are going to use adwords to drive traffic to your blog, please remove the adsence and use the traffic to monetize your affiliate product only.

Best results are found with a high quality score.

I would recommend that your blog has the keyword in its title. This will help your cost per click.

Also notice your keyword or words that get you the highest number of impressions and build separate campaigns around those words.

Best,

7. ominex

ominex New Member

Hey everyone, I'd like to consider my friend a marketing guru. I know he manages close to $200K per month in adwords spend. No joke, I've even seen his adwords account and everything. If there's enough of us interested, I'm sure he'd probably do some sort of a conference call with us to help us learn about it. Let me know if anyone's interested. Thanks!