Can YOU be successful in Coastal?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, Nov 6, 2007.

1. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Bob,

Thanks. I have a mortgage site also will PM you about it.
    If you have that lead generator stuff done please let me know. You never know I maybe interested.

lm
  2. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: linkmetroIf you have that lead generator stuff done please let me know. You never know I maybe interested.
    I am not ready to offer anything until I get more testing done.

Besides Link - you sound like you just got off the boat with your English - Jees you'd think after a decade or so being here from Europe - you could speak. [​IMG]

I hope you know I am joking - Your accent is old world romantic - can a guy say that to a guy? I am meaning it as a compliment - not hitting on you!!!!!!!!!
  3. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

lol, that was Freddie Laker....and $150.00 in our pocket.
    Good old Europe...

Now you know why I NEED my system...psssttt

lm
  4. mikepressnell

mikepressnell New Member

WOW!!! I started reading this forum just a few minutes ago. To Maria in Spain, I say BRAVO!!! You are motivate and eager to learn but it's a sad story that your director is not helping you. I only wish I had seen some post in here that was intended to genuinly help you.

Your English is very good. Please don't apologize if your English. My wife is Hispanic and lives with me in the USA and you sound just like here. She's a sweet woman, too.

Maria, I can't give you any advice regarding Coastal because I'm not a member, but I can maybe give you a little encouragement....I'm a little older and hopefully a little wiser and I can see a success story when I see one....and I see success written all over you. It may be with Coastal, or it may be with something else, but YOU ARE TOPS and YOU ARE GOING TO BE SUCESSFUL!!!

If you would like to talk, fell free to email me at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Mike
  5. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Maria,
    one other great thing about Coastal is you can retail the product to people who are in a timeshare situation or anyone who travels. Since Spain is a big tourist spot you would have no trouble at all targeting the tourists there. You could make LOTS of money that way. If you have a friend that owns a store that tourists come into a lot you could get him to put some flyers or brouchures on his counter and see what happens.
  6. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrIf you have a friend that owns a store that tourists come into a lot you could get him to put some flyers or brouchures on his counter and see what happens.

excellent
  7. Dennis

Dennis New Member

what i need to know...if i sign up for coastal and my directior does not release me then what?...i got screwed all my money?...is there anything that says i need to turn over my 2 leads?
  8. Dennis

Dennis New Member

i live next to a major tourist city....would coastal be a good investment to set up a retail site?...city had 10.3 million tourist in the last year
  9. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: Dennisi live next to a major tourist city....would coastal be a good investment to set up a retail site?...city had 10.3 million tourist in the last year

Yes it would an ideal place.

I too am in a tourist city with lots of timeshares and that is one of my marketing plans.

Get on a few of the product training calls - learn your product before approaching them, that's my opinion.

Much success.
  10. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: Denniswhat i need to know...if i sign up for coastal and my directior does not release me then what?...i got screwed all my money?...is there anything that says i need to turn over my 2 leads?

Before you sign up with that Director you need to ask that person your questions...get a feel for whether or not that person would be someone you would want to be working with, someone you can trust.

Without a release you can not order travel packages from the shipping center. The first 2 sales are training sales so your Director should be working very closely with you to assist you in getting those sales and with your training. It should not be a "well you're in now call me when you get your sales" if that is how that person will be operating I suggest looking for another Director BEFORE you sign up.
  11. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrI try to think of Coastal in a different way and this is how my personal team thinks also. If I can make 3 to 5 personal sales a month then I am happy. Why, because I know I will be able to spend quality time with my new members showing them how to market, doing three way calls, helping write ads or whatever they need me to help with. This also means they will be passing up sales to me which will increase my income during that month. That is income to me that cost me nothing but some time training my new members. That is time well spent.

This helps them become productive sooner than later and lets them know that I am dedicated to help them succeed.

Some people think I am crazy and think that everyone should have the goal of making as many sales as possible. I just don't agree with that.

God LOVE you Harold!

Actually, I have written a special report recently, that has attracted quite a lot of attention from individuals who see things differently then you and I. I think it really MATTERS that people be treated not as consumers or prospects- but as people trying to make an informed decison and the best one for their needs.

I think making sales is great- but making sales just to push out numbers- well: that might be some peoples goals and that is all fine and well. But, I know- when I was starting out my business it was very important to me to have face time with my director. So I could learn what I needed to know and do. I have found, that once you have developed that skillset- everything becomes very simple and easy. BUT, like building a house- you need a strong foundation to build on. Some people are naturals- I am and was not. "Sales" to me is the most distasteful idea. Helping people, and thus acheiveing a result- now THAT gets my motor running!

I am happy to post that report here, if anyone would like to have a look at it, just ask!

Cheers

Jani
  12. MCLW

MCLW New Member

you can be successful in anything that you put your mind to! That I can assure you. Good luck in your success!
  13. Bill D

Bill D New Member

I am glad to read that there are more Directors out there who also think that the proper way to run a Coastal business focus' more on the quality of the service provided rather than the quantity of new members you can sign up. This forum points out that there are many pitfalls new members fall into without getting caught up with some director that feels the more the merrier.

Bill Decker
    Level 2 Coastal Vacations Director
    443-244-2118
  14. victorious

victorious New Member

The original question for this post is: Can YOU be successful with Coastal Vacations?
    The answer is: YES!

BUT...

It's UP TO YOU to be successful. Coastal is NOT a scam and don't consider it to be one if you don't do what it takes to succeed and never make any money with it.

For us, Coastal is what pays the bills and takes us all over the world 16 vacations a year. This is the financial and time freedom we were looking for, and we are blessed; but when we first started we took the time to set it up right, and now we are consistently improving our marketing methods.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    Successful Level 3 Coastal Vacations Directors
    770-995-0029
  15. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Teresa,
    you are correct in saying that having a good director is a major part of being successful but it can happen even if you don't. Many "orphans" as we call them, have gone on to be successful by plugging in to the system and maybe even by finding a new director. Yes, you can use a different director if you find one that fits you better. Why should you pass up training sales to a person who isn't training you. Also, there are lots of free ways to advertise and generate leads. I have made a lot of money just by answering questions on this forum and it only costs me my time.

One other great thing about Coastal Vacations is that you are a lifetime member even if you aren't working the business. You have a package worth many time more than the dollar amount you paid for it. Use it and get your money back out of it and let it save you thousands.
  16. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Harold,

I thought it would be easy to just get another director, why should you pass up sales if they aren't training you? But I have been told by someone on the Board of Directors that you can't get a new director unless you buy a new package and get a new ID number. They are telling me that the director's release won't be valid if my ID number doesn't correspond to the director who I passed the sales up to. Since my ID corresponds to the bad director and I want another director, and pass them the sales, it won't be valid. I just don't know who to believe. I am getting a different story from every person I talk to about this.

So my advice for those looking at Coastal, of course, you can be successful, just look at all of the successful directors on this forum, but just make sure you check out the directors ahead of time (I did some due diligence but not enough) so you will make a good decision about which director to sign up with.

Becky
  17. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Being successful in Coastal is alot easier than we all try to make it. Look at it this way. The travel industry is a 7 trillion dollar industry. People pay large sums to go on vacation. I was in a location that everyone was paying $3600 to go to and using my package I paid $259. Now what traveler wouldnt like that deal. I saved more than enough to purchase a level one package just on that trip. Many of us try to market Coastal as a business opt to people that are used to paying a couple hundred dollars to get started. Why not market it on the strength of the travel aspect and those that want to make money will rise to the top. That has been the secret of our success.

As a business builder if you show others how to market this package as a retail package I bet your sales will soar. Then use those people to gain referrals for more sales. Its a simple formula.

Now as you build this business be sure to use the system.

1- Refer people to your site
    2- Send a followup email with the Coastal profile attached
    3- Have the prospect CALL YOU BACK!
    4- Answer questions ( if you are still unreleased do this with your diretor) if they have read the info ..if they havent then send them back to the info
    5-Get them to a call to see all the people that are involved
    6- Repeat

If you follow that system then I assure you that you will be successful.

This is what I teach all of my associates. Now of course in my business coaching and team coaching I go into more details but thats the simple formula. Anyone regardless of education or experience can be successful at Coastal. Thing of it this way if you knew of a great sale could you tell people about it? I bet you could. Ladies if te new designer bags were 80% off I bet you would have no problems telling people. Guys if Super Bowl tix on the 50 yard line where on sale for 80% off I bet you could inform a few people.

Change your mindset. This business is simple. Believe in yourself and follow a simple system and all will fall in place.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of A-Team CV Apprentice Program
    Coastal Level III Director
    302 327 6263
  18. mikepressnell

mikepressnell New Member

Seems like the Director has too much control over your own business.
  19. asebf

asebf New Member

Mike

Simply put - NOT!!!! Keep checking - you have some incorrect info.