Can you please look at my first lens?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by redsadie, Mar 9, 2009.

1. redsadie

redsadie New Member

It should be in my signature [​IMG]

Thanks everyone! x

2. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I checked out your lens stars, favorite and comment you have a good start keep going.
    Sonni

3. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks Sonni [​IMG]

Any ideas on how I can improve it? I have been updating it since I posted here. x

4. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Can anyone shed any light on why I have 4 squidoo lenses that are exactly the same when I have only atually made one?

I have the bug now! I'm in the process of making another one [​IMG] I did have a few snags when trying to create the one I have already, so what I've done with the second one is to write it out in Word, flesh it out and find pictures etc, then I can copy and paste into Squidoo when I feel the time is right [​IMG] I then have a copy of it if anything goes wrong!
    x

5. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Hi redsadie,

Your lens looks good so far! I favorited you and commented on your page as well.
    Traffic is so important for your lens ranking and for the way that google indexes your listings. Be sure to update often and ping your lens as much as you can!

TSF

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi RedSadie,

Your lens is looking good so far.

A bit of advice: Next time you are in edit mode, be sure to hit the publish button so that it can get ranked and so that the general public will see it.

I would drop the guestbook down all the way to the bottom as that is where visitors look for it.

Be sure to change the module titles to include your keyword phrases.

Nice job so far,

~Newbie Shield~

7. samda

samda Member

Looks nice. Change the steps name into their respective functionality name. Next edit your bio. Do some link building and you muct be good to go. All the best.

8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Great job - I rated and favorited your lens... [​IMG]

You have gotten some great advice so far - I would add that some of the key places to have your keyword phrase in are..

1) Title
    2)Bio
    3)Within the first sentence or two of the introductory module
    4)In anchor text
    5)in as many of your module titles as you can...

[​IMG]

9. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks guys [​IMG]

I have recieved your blurb comments but it won't let me approve them. I'll wait a while and go back to try again.
    x

10. Newbie Shield

Hi RedSadie,

Looks like you must have hit the publish button because your lens is now ranked. You should now be able to approve comments.

Good that you dropped the guestbook module down to the bottom and put some keyword phrases in some of your module titles. You might consider giving the Amazon modules relevant titles.

Your lens is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work.

~Newbie Shield~

11. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Aw, thanks NS, I really appreciate the comments and feedback. What would you consider to be relevent titles? x

12. Newbie Shield

Hi RedSadie,

Bottom line = phrases having to do with the topic of your lens.

If it makes sense to your visitors you can use some unrelated phrases but most of the module titles should contain words that are on topic.

Furthermore, some of them should be in demand phrases that folks are actually using in their search.

For example, a real estate lens might use words such as "house, home, estate, agent, etc" rather than general phrases such as "Check it out on Amazon" or "Here it is on YouTube". Try to drop a few topic word in there to make it more relevant.

No need to overcrowd with too many extra words but a few here and there will add cohesion and relevance. Since you already have it going on in your key areas, it's more of a minor adjustment but it should help a little.

~Newbie Shield~

13. Newbie Shield

PS. It looks like you accidentally created a duplicate lens - the title is slightly different but the content seems to be the same. You might keep the one with the better rank (lower number is better) and delete the other one.

14. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks NS!

That makes sense about the keywords, thankyou [​IMG]

I did wonder about the extra lenses I have four of each of my first two for some reason!) I'm glad I can delete them and that's just what I'm off to do right now [​IMG]

15. Marmitetoo

Marmitetoo New Member

Hi RedSadie...This is my first post. I've just been cruising around. Reading posts and comments and checking out peoples Squidoos, as I am in the early stages of squidoo myself. I just wanted to comment on your 'Go ahead of the competition' squidoo. I notice that you have a PPS Here's The Link To My Site and yet the link is not a working one.
    Hey I'm not criticising here! Just pointing it out so as you can fix it.
    Please let me know if you need help with the HTML. I'm no expert but I'm sure I cna figure it out for you.

Stephen marmitetoo@hotmail.com

16. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks for that Marmitetoo, I didn't realise!
    I'll sort it out asap [​IMG]

17. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

Marmitetoo: I'm no expert but I'm sure I cna figure it out for you.
    thanks marmitetoo,
    you could also paste an example html anchor text for all to see.
    It could help out some of us. [​IMG]

18. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

redsadie: Can anyone shed any light on why I have 4 squidoo lenses that are exactly the same when I have only atually made one?
    I have the same problem, but only 3 lenses. Please help

19. Julsy

Julsy New Member

Your squidoo looks really good! I enjoyed the information!

Thanks

20. Newbie Shield

Hi Pinky,

See my reply above.

~Newbie Shield~