Can You really make money at home or is it fake?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by Babydoll2, Nov 2, 2005.

1. gregriv69

gregriv69 New Member

I can not say that all online jobs are fake. Yes, at first I have faced many online scams but, now I am happy to know that all are not same and there are few good people to offer legimate jobs.
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you are willing to work hard and ready to follow instructions, there are plenty of jobs available.
  3. carmelwhelan1

carmelwhelan1 New Member

Is there any work from home business that doesnt ask for money up front..Is there any such thing????Everyhing i have looked at about working from home they all look for money up front.I am not prepared to give my credit card information out over the web.Why cant a person start paying when they start earning????Can anyone out there give me an answer please...
  4. jjthomps

jjthomps New Member

This seems to have been started by someone who wasn't serious. Serious entrepreneurs will find an opportunity and ride it. Someone who wants to work from home will have the passion, the energy, and the drive to make it happen. Someone who wants to work from home will spend hours trying to find a group that can help them accomplish their goals as every entrepreneur needs a team.

Good luck to all of you, and keep persisting.

John

[Link removed - Admin]
  5. robinwing

robinwing New Member

Yes, absolutely you can make money from home. But I believe you need to find a business that has an awesome product so that your customers receive tremendous value from day #1, even before they start to market it. Secondly, I believe that unless you are prepared to spend 12 hours per day on the phone 6 days per week, it is best to find a business that has a great deal of automation.
  6. homeofficewiz

homeofficewiz New Member

Hi Babydoll2

I hope you found something by now. I spend very little money and I am making alot now.
  7. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

So many people get confused about a work at home job and starting an online business. They kind of unknowingly blend the two together when it is on opposite ends of each other.

Sure, you can definitely make money from home. But is it a job or business that you're looking into? How much money you actually can make is a matter of what you're involved in and what you're willing to invest (time and/or money).
  8. gudangemas

gudangemas New Member

For me, forex trading through Marketiva is the way [​IMG]

If I lose the trading that's because a bad decision I made, not scammed by someone. The main point is educate yourself then you can minimize your lost.
  9. jaime

jaime New Member

so all work from home business require you to pay money through before you start up right?
  10. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

I would not look at is as "paying" money, but rather "investing" in your future. If you were to purchase a franchise, you would invest quite a bit of money, but if you do it right, your return on investment should be well worth your initial investment. Same with a home based business. As long as you are investing in a legitimate opportunity and can follow the formula for success, it will be well worth it in the long run. Think Big!!!!

Noreen
  11. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: jaimeso all work from home business require you to pay money through before you start up right?

Depends on the type of business, for freelancing you need not pay money
  12. OnlineMoney24 7

OnlineMoney24 7 New Member

I agree with Noreen. You're not buying yourself into a business opportunity; you're investing into a business opportunity. Now whether the business fails or succeeds is up to you. Don't get me wrong; there are a lot of scams out there. That's why you have to take the initiative and do your research for whatever it is you get involved in. Do your research, if it is the right opportunity for you, be positive and confident that you will succeed, and you WILL succeed.

There is a difference between working at home and an online business. You can find work at home jobs that you don't have to "buy into". You just have to spend some time finding them. And on the other end of the spectrum there are online business opportunities that require an investment to get started.

If I could give one piece of advice to someone looking to make money online regardless if it is a work at home job or an online business, it would be this: Research, research, research. Don't fall for the scammers out there. Take you time, do your research, and invest in what you feel will be the best fit for YOU.
  13. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

OnlineMoney 24 7 has emphasized research and i will again emphasize it as well because it is the research that will steer you away from the scams and toward this online oppotunities that are out there waiting for you.
  14. Andrew9

Andrew9 New Member

Quoting: Babydoll2Has anyone really something they can do at home and make money? with out having to keep spending more money?

I signed up with ultimate wealth package. Ive come across so many sites that are exactly like mine just with different headings. I'm currently trying to get a refund as I have not made a penny. Don't be fooled by their 'gaurentees' and 'start earning in 10minutes'.
    If anyone has used the ultimate wealth package and were not happy, did you get your refund? I'm a little concerned they may mess me about.
    All reply's would be very grateful.
    Thank you,
    Andrew
  15. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Andrew,

I am sorry you are not happy with your business. I am not part of that business, but maybe it is hyped up a bit too much?? I would never guarantee that just for signing up you will start making money in 10 minutes. I don't know, it just sounds a little too overly optimistic. There are some discussions about it on these forums so search out the experts here.

Since you already signed up, I suggest you start at square one and follow their plan to a "T". Forget the make money in ten minutes part. Get yourself up and running. Get advice from people on the forums. If you are still unhappy, try to get your money back within the specified time period. Did they offer a money back guarantee?

Otherwise, cut your losses and find another business. If you feel uncomfortable with it, it will never work. There are some that do work but as everyone has said - RESEARCH!! Don't fall for false promises.

Noreen
  16. Kaibraine

Kaibraine New Member

Making money at home can be done for a very low investment. I won't however lie to you, it takes a lot of HARD WORK!! and DEDICATION!!
    If you have these strengths you can succed however.
  17. Thecandlelady

Thecandlelady New Member

Yes, you can make money working from home. It does not happen overnight though, and it does require some investment. Regardless of what any of the programs say, there is no such thing as a FREE business. Just like any other business, you have to let people know you are in business and what you have to offer.

One of the biggest problems I had when I began working from home, is not giving things enough time before I was changing my methods. I had a bad case of 'Monkey-Mind". I was bouncing from one thing to the next, and when I didn't see results in a couple of days, I would just give up. Pace yourself, - commit to promoting your business for an hour or two each day through whatever means you can. If you work consistently for an hour or two each day at nothing but promoting your business, you'll start seeing some profits. Hope this helps. Oh and PS: I too checked out the sight Kathy recommended. It looks like a winner.
  18. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Wow you sure did get a lot of good answers to your ques. I have been WFH now over 12 years and earned a six figure income. So Good news, YES there are legit WFH opportunities.

But bad news it takes an investment of time, money and a good coach!

Terri
  19. gchildren

gchildren New Member

My initial venture into the internet began when I stumbled unto a website that specialized in drop shipping.

What impressed me the most about this company was their willingness to GIVE me information to help me understand the in's and out's of starting a internet business.

They were selling a product but their website did not overwhelm with a sense of urgency or a call to immediate action.

Their message was that they were there to help me AND they would sell me some products if I wanted to buy them.

Be cautious and careful when you are doing your research, especially if they want your money first. Look for sites that have free downloads for information that would be useful to you.

This would be a good starting point.

John
  20. mr_ed

mr_ed New Member

Hi, I'm new here and just thought I'd give you my thoughts.

Can you make money online? 100% definitely, the internet is worth billions! Is it easy? not a chance! there are thousands of scams out there and unless it's your scam you ain't gonna make any money off them.

I've just started my own buisness doing what i enjoy doing, but I do have spare time while I'm working so I've been looking for somthing to fill the gaps and there are alot of niches out there, just keep searching, reading, learning and you'll find somthing.

Best of luck to everyone.