Can You really make money at home or is it fake?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by Babydoll2, Nov 2, 2005.

1. kzwiep

kzwiep New Member

You certainly can. It does take some upfront effort and perhaps a small initial investment, but it's just like anything else...if you put in good work, you will yield profits. period. There some good opportunities out there, just do you research.
  2. kzwiep

kzwiep New Member

The best opportunity for making money online is to sign-up with a company that gives you a free site to market products. This will allow you to earn commissions on all products you promote. But remember, just because you have the site doesn't mean you will do well. You HAVE to optimize the site to increase your search engine page rank.
  3. pcincome

pcincome New Member

Funny thing happened today. It's a quiet Sunday afternoon and I'm looking for something to do so I decided to see if I can find some forums to visit and went to google, typed in "Make Money From Home Forum" (because, as a url it didn't come up with anything) and in google, THIS thread came up first.

Cool, huh?!

As to staying home and making money without spending money, it depends really on whether you're looking for hobby income or a career level income. There are many opportunities to choose from but first, you must decide how much you wish to earn, how much time you are willing to give to learn how to earn and what product interests you the most. From there, search out companies with the products that interest you most or even better yet, search out forums where you can learn from others who are doing that which interests you and start asking questions.

Hope that helps
    Karen
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Well said Karen,

I like to make websites based on personal hobbies. Most of the topics are things that I have been heavily into for over 20 years.

You know that old and worn out cliche - Do what you love and the money will follow.

Do what ever you are naturally obsessed with or what ever you think you would really enjoy delving into.

Newbie Shield
  5. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldI like to make websites based on personal hobbies. Most of the topics are things that I have been heavily into for over 20 years.

You know that old and worn out cliche - Do what you love and the money will follow.

I can personally endose this thought and it is the number one advice I offer new people coming to my website today! Start a website or blog around an area of passion or interest and it will never seem like work.
  6. 4u2nv

4u2nv New Member

I created a website. I just don't know how to get traffic to my website. I've added google adsense, I've joined affiliate programs. Maybe I should have Mr. Schuman write some articles on it for me. It's a free website I received with Microsoft Office Basic and I didn't want it to go to waste. Maybe I should sell it? Have anyone sold their website before? LOL
  7. usajec2

usajec2 New Member

I have found some sites that will pay for surveys that you take. Most are painless, and pretty quick. The amount you get varies from site to site. There are a bunch out there and I have found 1 or 2 that are at the top of my list. I recommend you get a new email address for the survey sites to send emails to (and they will, a lot of emails) and setting up a voicemail number thru netzero.
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Many work at home programs do the industry a disservice by promoting the idea you can just sit back and for doing nothing you can make a ton of money. Now in all of my search I have found some programs that are kinda set it and forget it but ive never seen many get really wealthy in them. There are exceptions of course to every rule and some internet savvy marketers have found a few things to get wealthy and do very little. For me that has never been the case.

I think that for the masses it requires some smart work. Understand I did mention work to become wealthy at home. First you need a good product. Everything is about moving product. If you dont move a product then you have a real problem gettting wealthy. Second is about marketing. You need to be able to deliver this product to the marketplace. You could have the best lobsters in the Maine area but if no one knows about them well they will just sit in your store.

The internet has opened up a world of possibilities. You see now we can reach a large market and do so at very little cost. Most of the home based businesses ive seen work because of the buying power of the masses. Think of it this way. Say I was a supplier of "widgets" and wanted to market my product. Now each of my products cost me $5 to produce. I normally sell them for $15 and make a good profit. Now my profit is only made by my efforts. I have to pay a sales force to market my product. That can be costly in terms of so many factors. So why dont I do this. I hire a bunch of independent contractors and give them their own business. I already ahve a system in place they can follow. I dont ask for much start-up captital as my infrastructure is already in place but I allow them to get my product at $10 but have them sell if for $15 as well. Well ive just increased my sales force.

This is a very basic principle and works well for all involved. The client still gets my good product. I get as the owner to move more product and I give others the ability to profit as well. Ok my profit per product sold isnt the same as doing it myself but my volume grows so in the end I make more money. Its a smart idea.

Now bring this idea up I wonder why so many of us dont do the same in our own businesses. Well Ive started to myself.

Im offering anyone the ability to work from home at no cost out of pocket and market the product of my home based business. Im in Coastal Vacations and have done great so its time to share the wealth in exact manner I just explained. If you are interested you can contact me via the tools the forum have given.

So when people ask if you can money from home or is it fake I can assure you that you can get started at home in a home based business. Have no outlay of cash and earn while you learn. I have an amazing product with great commissions of $100- $1000 to you everytime as well as free training from a team that has been successful doing it. Lets all become wealthy together. There is more than enough to go around.

Adam Frederick
    Travel Entrepreneur
    302 476 2753
  9. aldanson

aldanson New Member

It is possible to make money at home and I am sure your going to see so many different ways. I personally used affiliate marketing/data entry. Its not very hard but you do have to put some time in at the begging. I earn about 1000-1500 a month which is pretty good i think.
  10. Wrkathomesrchr

Wrkathomesrchr New Member

Hi all. I am just now getting into my search for work at home positions. Where I live there are simply no jobs, and I need to find a way to generate more income. Any suggestions would be helpful. If any of you have something that works, or would like to hire someone, I work hard so please post! =)
  11. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Hi wrkathome [​IMG]
    Welcome to the forum.
    There are many ways you can generate an income from home.
    Remember though a JOB is different from a business.
    General rule of thumb;you should never pay for a job.
    You certainly wouldn't pay to work out in the real world,so why should you online?
    Steer clear of data entry and type from home sites that flood the net claiming to offer shedloads of cash for very little work.
    If that were true we'd all be doing it!lol
    A business is also another option to working from home.
    You have to expect some kind of outlay regarding this,though amounts can vary according to your budget.

Check out peoples sig links here and elsewhere,research research,research [​IMG]
    If you are going the business route I would suggest either starting with something free(affliate marketing is excellent for breaking into)or something very low cost if withing your means.

You will learn so much by reading posts here about marketing,the skills needed to succeed online,sort of like a crash course into this crazy world!

Again,welcome to the forum and have fun [​IMG]

Kara
  12. Newbie Shield

Quoting: WrkathomesrchrHi all. I am just now getting into my search for work at home positions. Where I live there are simply no jobs, and I need to find a way to generate more income. Any suggestions would be helpful. If any of you have something that works, or would like to hire someone, I work hard so please post! =)

Hi Wrkathomesrchr,

Welcome to the forum. Learn the marketing components first. Then learn as much as you can about each component. Education first, then plan, then implement, then tweak.

Feel free to browse some posts here. Then ask questions.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  13. Wrkathomesrchr

Wow you guys are pretty supportive. I did call about the Coastal Vacations. The guy sent me a lot of information regarding buying a vacation package. So I did call him, and after being directed to read the material again, he will not return my call. Are there a lot of jobs online that try to sell products by saying there is a job in it? It makes no sense, and I don't see how anyone would fall for that. I looked into data entry, and doing tech support by phone and text chat. Both lies. lol. This is not going to be easy. I would like to learn more about affilliate marketing.
    Here is a wierd question: I have a little skill in web design and am relatively proficient in html. Is it worth it for me to make some bull web site and put a bunch of those pay-per-click ads on it? Maybe make several? Or is there a catch with that too? I wonder.
  14. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

I like programs that have potential for decent residual income down the road.

These programs may not pay you much yet in the beginning, but once you have put enough effort into it and it starts to run automatically the sky is the limit and you should earn residual income month after month.

Particularly I like the first program on my signature. I have create my blog in my signature, too.
  15. Newbie Shield

Those are two of the components. Identify the rest. Then learn as much as you can about each one. If you browse around the forum, you'll see what is involved.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  16. Wrkathomesrchr

I don't understand....what is tis with components and that? Sorry as it happens I am a n00blet. ^.~
  17. ciobanul

ciobanul New Member

I originally started out by simply taking loads of online surveys. The trick I found is to actually consider it a source of income, not just fun cash. If you consider it as money that you can live off of, then you actually dedicate the time to it that is needed. The main reason that people don't make lots of money with online surveys is that they don't take it seriously. I have made some real money just taking the surveys, and that is how I found my way into building my current site. All of the companies that I listed are companies that I have personally tried out and actually helped me to work from home. [​IMG]
  18. paul10

paul10 New Member

PLEASE HELP,I NEED A GOOD FOREX TRADING FORUM OR SITE.

Can any one make good money from forex trading online?
  19. Richie_N

Richie_N New Member

I think it might be wise to use any online programs as a means to supplement your income and not solely view it as your ultimate income. I figure having a supplemental income always helps either way, and signing up for sites like AC, Helium, or even eHow.com can help a bit. Each site has it's on niche, but I personally think sites like eHow makes it an easier experience to contribute content and earn money, especially when it's a resourceful site people use on a daily basis.
  20. BestPaidSurvey

BestPaidSurvey New Member

Definitely you can do good money working at home. big percentage of online businesses are already "Home Based Business" and this is the beauty about the internet.