Can you submit your blogspot to directories to get raffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by treefrog1962, Nov 24, 2009.

1. treefrog1962

treefrog1962 New Member

I was blogging on blogspot for the longest time. Probably about s posts a week and it just never started getting traffic. Can you list your blogspot in directories? Let me know, Thanks!!!

2. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

Hi Treefrog,

You know what they say "content" is king.

A couple things I would focus on is:

*keyword density 3-5%
    *400-500 words when writing
    *list posts
    *use "your Blog in your sig" - participate in 8-10 forums often, like every week.

ps.
    Check out Alexa to see if it is worth your time being involved with a forum.

If you can get links from high profile sites into your Blog. Your page ranking will increase.

I have used the "sig file" in the past to raise the Page Rank of one of my websites. I also added new content to the website to.

Also check out the guru's, study a Blog in your niche. Analyze it, how can you improve your Blog?

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Yes, you can submit to directories, though some may directories may only list websites/ blogs with their own domain.

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You can submit to a lot of social bookmarking sites using Onlywire, which will give you some good backlinks. Also, just do a search on Google for "free directory submitter", and you should find one which should work well for you.

5. treefrog1962

treefrog1962 New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

6. gowriter

gowriter Member

Yes. Try blogcatalog or a place called 300 submissions.

But because a blog is constant material, it's better to send it to social bookmarking sites and send your RSS feed into feedage.

Twitter is another good way to get traffic to your site.

7. Jim Gillum

Jim Gillum New Member

try classified ad site many have high pr

8. elle14

elle14 New Member

Yes you can submit it even deep liking submission. I have my blog and I'm doing the directory submission [​IMG] But they don't serves as a good way of gaining your traffic. I guess joining in social networks can help you to increase your traffic [​IMG]

9. pegeler

pegeler New Member

1) Start using: http://pingler.com they will list your blog every time you make a new post. (Once daily,) to several hundred sites.

2) DO NOT put any importance on ALEXA. This is not a true search engine, it only pertains to those that are members, and install the Alexa Toolbar. VERY unreliable, no matter what others tell you.

3) Make sure your posts are relevant and interesting. That keeps people coming back.

Pete

10. JamesRouse

JamesRouse New Member

I thought you only had to be registered with Alexa. Although it is true its not a definitive statistic.

Some article directories allow you to change the resource box for each article that you submit. I know ezinearticles does. Its just another way to lead your readers on to your most wanted response.

I use this strategy for each article and send them to where I want them to go next.

To echo "getagrip" social networking and bookmarking sites are excellent sources of traffic, of course, its best when other people bookmark and syndicate your content for you which eliminates the appearance of self promotion.

That's one of the problems with twitter lately. Its geting way to promotional

11. kenic

kenic New Member

Yes. Try blogcatalog or a place called 300 submissions.

But because a blog is constant material, it's better to send it to social bookmarking sites and send your RSS feed into feedage.

Twitter is another good way to get traffic to your site.

[Link removed - Admin]