Choosing the Best Income Opportunity

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by lilyvo30, Jun 4, 2010.

1. lilyvo30

lilyvo30 New Member

Out of the thousands of income opportunities that are out there where do you start? MLM Businesses are a way to start your own home based business without having the large start up cost. It's like buying a franchise at a reduced price. You still have to put time and effort to make the money which is why it is worth seeking out the BEST opportunity for you.

What are some important questions to ask yourself before you choose?

What products will you be working with?
    What does it cost to join?
    What do you get when you join?
    How long has the company been in business?
    What type of compensation format will you be working with?

When you use these questions as a filter to decide which opportunity to join you will find the BEST income opportunity for you.

GO MAKE MONEY!!!! [​IMG]

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You know, MLM is one of the most hated businesses out there online of offline but if you find one that is good and you stick with it and build leaders, my goodness, your income will just keep growing and growing and you will not have to rely 100% of your efforts to generate income online of offline.

It is so much better to have 100 people do %1 of the work in your team then you have to go out and do 100% by yourself.

Tal

3. westfam11

westfam11 Member

talfighel: You know, MLM is one of the most hated businesses out there online of offline but if you find one that is good and you stick with it and build leaders, my goodness, your income will just keep growing and growing and you will not have to rely 100% of your efforts to generate income online of offline.
    I agree Tal. A lot of people are even afraid to tell someone they ave involved in an MLM for fear of what they will think.

I am proud to be part of my MLM, mainly because it is customer based and not distributor based. I have also been paid every month since July, 2008 and that is because of the customers reordering products they love, not distributors that have to order just to get paid. That makes a big difference.

Becky

4. cjmo75

cjmo75 Guest

Personally, I like to diversify. I promote a lot of ClickBank products but I also do CPA, and sell PLR ebooks. I also do a lot of article marketing and send visitors to my blog to hopefully get some Adsense revenue.

I've always felt that making money online can be very trendy, and an income stream can suddenly dry up at any time. That's why I try not to "put all my eggs in one basket", so to speak.

5. CarrieLyn

CarrieLyn Guest

Hi Lily,

That's a good little starter list of questions. Funny, I actually wrote an article that's published on ezines about this. In addition to your questions I recommend that someone also needs to look at the kind of training they're going to get and the commitment from their sponsor among other things. Products, costs to get started and things like that are fairly generic and usually are not that different from the company down the street. What really sets opportunities apart is the support you'll get once you're in and the marketing strategy of the company. (Whether or not they're strictly old school...believe it or not some still are.)

Hey Tal, I know you're right that lots of people hate MLM but I think it's because of some of the people in the industry that so many dislike it. The truth is if they actually understood it people would be flooding the industry so I'm thankful they don't really get it. [​IMG]

6. wealthbuilders

wealthbuilders New Member

The only problem with MLMs are that if your company changes its compensation plan, even in the slightest, some of your top producers may leave and join another opportunity, often taking their downline with them. So just keep that in mind when you weigh your possibilities. I would suggest looking for an opportunity that offers mentoring with your business. The most successful entrepreneurs and wealthiest people in this world have used a mentor!

7. orcawhale

orcawhale New Member

I am Feeling that a lot of people who want to get into the Internet marketing business think it is an easy money, like any business if you do it right and have the basic knowledge of how and what then you on the right track, from there on wards you have to work, and work even more making your way up. I am fairly new to internet marketing but I found that in many ways it is a BUSINESS and MLM is no exception. [​IMG]

8. carterstory

carterstory New Member

It's also important to find out what team you'll be on and ask for references and contacts of those who are members of the team. This way you'll find out if the team is heading in a direction / learning style that you are receptive to.

Also I always see this one missed, you need to find a company that you will be passionate about, and be genuine about. If you join a company that sells car waxes, and you've never cared to wax your car. Find a company with products in niches that you enjoy, and find a company with products that you believe in, or it will be harder to win in the game.

The length of time is also a good thing to know.. many companies (MLM included) fail within 5 years of joining. BUT.. you can also make a killing by joining a company at launch, and tap into the rabid, hungry people looking to join your company, but it's a high risk investment. If I join a new company I do it with the understanding that my investment is at risk. I probably wouldn't join a 2 year old company.. the post launch buzz is gone, and it hasn't provided proof of stability yet.