Clickbank Is Finally Cracking Down On Dishonest Merchants

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by getagrip, Aug 11, 2011.

1. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The new FTC guidelines has made Clickbank take the necessary action to warn vendors what to do and what not to do on their sales letter.

Will they drop many vendors for not following the new rules? I don't really know. Many vendors are not going to follow the new rules.

Maybe many of them will go somewhere else.

I wrote a review for a product a year ago. This niche has nothing to do with the work at home niche. I used to get like 2 sales per month for them but since they did not follow the rules or something, Clickbank deleted their account and I no longer make sales with them.

While writing reviews for clickbank products is great and can get you sales, you can never know if that product will be sold through them or not or dropped.

I currently have like 200+ reviews for CB products but had to stop writing this month since I don't want to waste my time on products that might be dropped next month for not following the new rules.
  3. As affiliates we have to also make sure our Disclaimers are up to date.
  4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Thanks for the update, Keith. These new guidelines should weed out some of the bad apples. Of course you can expect to see marketers using interesting and creative ways to skirt the rules. And so it goes...

Hermas
  5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

We all know there is a lot of Clickbank Bullcrap out there, so may this help clean up the mess while letting the good ones continue to get blessed with many sales.
  6. kensomerville

kensomerville New Member

This may help, but it may not, they will just come back with new names and it will be the same old scam and spam.

Click band by it's self is great, I have bought products and when it was junk, I got my money back, no problem.

It's the scams and BS. that you have to deal with. But that is affiliate maketing, right!

I hope that this will clean things up.
  7. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

FreeCashMan: We all know there is a lot of Clickbank Bullcrap out there, so may this help clean up the mess while letting the good ones continue to get blessed with many sales.
    I like Clickbank a lot, and there are some great products that you can purchase there. What I've discovered, however, is that most products that promise "miracles" are basically scams, whether they are about getting rich quick or miracule health cures. I really wish Clickbank wouldn't allow some of these products in their marketplace, but they do, as they don't evaluate whether the claims made in the ebooks are factual or not.

However, as an affiliate, you can get a pretty good idea about which products are legitimate and which ones are not. For example, "Bass Fishing Secrets" is probably a good read, and is worth promoting. Something like, "How to Grow 2 Inches Taller in 3 Days" is probably not...
  8. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

getagrip

I recently came across a product that had $1000s of marketing put into it and it was a complete utter scam.

It promised people financial freedom and all it is, is a temporary hack on fb notes that really won't last that long.

What surprsied me the most was that fact that this cb product was being promoted by big names for the fact that they know that this stuff would convert.

pretty sad
  9. Martin Butler

Martin Butler New Member

The net has been cast wide. Look at how Google shut down all those adwords accounts, even the big gurus got slapped who were spending a fortune.

Were in a big brother mentality run system now and it's only going to get worse.

Google is fast positioning it's self as an oracle and if you don't comply, you will be terminated online.

Stay true and ethical and provide real products and services that people want and you should be ok.
  10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It does not look like they have done anything. They just warned people and that's about it.
  11. Marktech

Marktech Member

Some step is better than no step. These "Push-button, easy money, don't need to do any work" softwares have gotten totally ridiculous!
  12. Marco Casario

Marco Casario New Member

"Stay true and ethical and provide real products and services that people want and you should be ok." - Martin Butler
    I can relate to your statement as I have survived until today while managing to stay on the narrow righteous path...I'm still poor but I'm happy...