Clickbank Refund Rates?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by KDMiller55, Dec 13, 2008.

1. KDMiller55

KDMiller55 New Member

I spent some time time today just poking around and checking out a lot of products available through Clickbank. However, it seems as if almost all of them have really high refund rates.

Are these all bad products to consider promoting (taking into account other factors such as gravity, etc.)?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kevin
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You will find that some products on Clickbank are kind of a ripoff - their claims are simply too good to be true, so that when people shell out money for them, people feel ripped off. While there are some very good products at Clickbank, if you have the money, I'd recommend that you buy the products to review them - if they stink, you can just ask for a refund. You can also check forums to see what people are saying who actually purchased the products.
  3. leealexis

leealexis New Member

I promoted CB.. and got low refund rate.

my secret?

1. as getagrip said, don't promote crap. if you are low on budget, try asking for a review copy.

2. promote niche out of make money online or forex. these 2 niches got high refund rate.
  4. pip87

pip87 New Member

I read somewhere that a refund rate of less than 15% is good any higher and you may struggle to make a profit.
  5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi KDMiller55,

I agree with LeeAlexis:

Only promote the good stuff. Understand that some niches have higher than average refund rates and a heck of a lot of competition.

Get a feel for the average refund rate within a given niche then take a closer look at those that have a better (lower) than average refund rate, good gravity, etc.

Purchase the product. If you really like it, consider promoting it.

CB has been very good to many yet you have to scrutinize your purchases and promotions. Just do some decent footwork before you go with something.

~Newbie Shield~
  6. leealexis

leealexis New Member

Another strategy that work well for me:

Show the readers you used the product and achieved good result.

It'd be great if you have photo/screenshot to proove.

now back to work !
  7. jake123

jake123 New Member

You could be selling the real formula for turning lead to gold, and you would still get returns, since one has to rely on the customer's sense of honor to not get a refund and use the product for free. You just have to 'build in' an expectation of some returns.
  8. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

jake123: You could be selling the real formula for turning lead to gold, and you would still get returns, since one has to rely on the customer's sense of honor to not get a refund and use the product for free. You just have to 'build in' an expectation of some returns.

This is even more extreme in a situation like clickbank that has a no questions refund policy.

I've known normally honest people who scammed Wal-Mart for the exact same reason (they'd put their blown headlight in the package of a replacement light and then get a refund, keeping the new one).

The advice to stay away from the financial niches and niches where there is a lot of blatant BS on sales pages (like the survey niche) is good. People who buy a dog training course probably won't demand a refund unless they really feel like they were lied to on the sales page (of course, sales pages in the dog training niches don't routinely BS people. You never see dog training sales pages that promise to overnight teach your dog to get a job and pay for his own food).

Regardless of niche, clickbank is going to have a higher refund rate than other options because of that easy refund. This is offset by the fact that there are no qualifications to become an affiliate.