CNN says don't pay anything upfront

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by larslarson123, Jan 9, 2009.

1. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

Career consultant Maggie Mistal discussed work from home scams today on CNN, and came to the conclusion that anything with a large investment upfront is a scam...

CNN advises you to never wire money to any online employer, and to keep your private info to yourself (SS #, drivers license #, bank account, etc.).

I find it a bit difficult to believe that the only services worth investing your time in are free services. CNN promises to follow up with more info, possibly a 'scam of the day' alert. So far, however, the info provided was extremely vague and I'm a little disappointed with their mediocre research.

Does anyone know a real, useful scam-exposing organization? One that doesn't "reveal" another system as a scam as means to promote their own product?
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

larslarson123: Does anyone know a real, useful scam-exposing organization?
    One that comes to mind immediately is

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member is one I like to use when researching mlms or network marketing stuff...
  4. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Personally, I don't like the idea of paying any company to join their program. I think the real spirit of Internet Marketing is striking out on your own and starting your own business based on something you enjoy.

But that's just me. I'm a rebel and like to do things my own way, lol.