Coastal Caution.......Where's the Beef?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by jnapier, Jun 6, 2007.

1. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Ok...you remember the "Where's the Beef?" commercial.

I wanted to let everyone know about something that is going on with SOME Coastal Directors. They are taking the "Official" out of the Coastal Membership. Taking out some merchant account documents, official coastal documents, vacations and reducing the value of the membership. All in the name of Hate and Greed.

There's alot about Coastal that has changed in the last 6 months and alot of it has to do with Greed...not Coastal Board of Directors Greed...but othere's Greed.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  2. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Details please.[​IMG]

Terri
  3. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Jay,

Yes, please be more specific. If we're going to counteract this, we need to know what's going on...

Coastal Vacations has changed my life and is the vehicle that I am using not only to pursue my dreams, but to help others fulfill theirs as well.

But for the past few weeks, this forum has taken on a somewhat sour tone (over the Funtime discussion) - and now this. None of this does anyone in Coastal any good, because people who find this forum will see the negative chatter and not realize how great Coastal really is.

That's not what we want to project to the world, is it?

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  4. sdcindy

sdcindy New Member

Quoting: CoastalTodayBut for the past few weeks, this forum has taken on a somewhat sour tone (over the Funtime discussion) - and now this. None of this does anyone in Coastal any good, because people who find this forum will see the negative chatter and not realize how great Coastal really is.

That's not what we want to project to the world, is it?

Excellent point Tonya. I just joined Coastal Vacations in spite of the negativity about Funtimes, etc. We should be promoting our business here.

Thanks,

Cindy
  5. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I wish I could say more, but all I CAN say is that there's a GROUP that has become the Red Eyed Step Child to Coastal.

The Coastal Vacations business is changing. You see it with Fun Times and a possible merger.....I'm still looking to hear more about this.

You see it with the groups who have done their own thing and put together their own "Deals" with travel providers.

You and I could be better off to just be Coastal "Organic"....stick with the 13 year success story???

Jay NaPier
    Coastal Vacations
  6. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Jay, than send me a PM please, we need to know what is happening between this and the Funtime merger.....

Thanks

Terri
  7. goldmills

goldmills New Member

I know Julie Shinew, one of the older Board members took stuff outa her package when she sold a retail deal so not piss off the buyer about all the biz opp stuff.

Personally, I live the fact that NB Fulfills, stuffs and sends all that stuff out for me, whether it is a retail or biz opp sale. Many will get excited about the biz when they see the comp plans, for sure, others will ignore it.

It's a lot of work swapping out stuff, vendors, conf call pins, literature and keeping it Official.

So ya, I am not sure why anyone or group would feel this way to do that, not a smart thing, but... they can do it if they want, and it could hurt them in the end with a diluted team focus and the promise of a no shipping and fulfillment done for you... there will always have to take a package and rip it apart for as long as they are in the biz, and then teach their new downlines how to tear it open and rip it apart and put their own propaganda in it.

So, I am with you, no need to swap, keep it pure.

Jeff
  8. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: goldmillsthere will always have to take a package and rip it apart for as long as they are in the biz, and then teach their new downlines how to tear it open and rip it apart and put their own propaganda in it.

I think their idea is to run their own shipping center where they take orders online with credit cards.

Jay
  9. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Jay

I think I have smelled what you are talking about

I feel that there is are 2 groups that will become totally their own entity in a short period of time.

However I have also had people in my group...remember Jarrod Mcmillin and coastalplus ? they do not seem to last too long and I think that if these surmises become true, then the BOD will have a way to deal with them.

cheers
    maria
  10. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Just listened to Al on the BOD call. Finally I heard it straight from Al on what's going on.

Listening to the BOD calls are even more important now than ever.
    Keep your team members confidential.
    Some groups want your team members names and info. Careful!

I am glad that Al and the BOD are protecting us business owners, I had been critical in the past as to lack of communications but realize it was my fault not listening into the calls.
    I want for myself and my team members to have the official Coastal package. You should to.

Go to the seminars.
    Stay plugged into the BOD calls.

Terri
  11. Judy

Judy New Member

Which phone number and time are the BOD calls? I only know about the WCYS calls at the moment but would be sure to listen in to them when I get a chance
    -Judy
  12. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: jnapierThey are taking the "Official" out of the Coastal Membership. Taking out some merchant account documents, official coastal documents, vacations and reducing the value of the membership.

I've heard about this.. and I do know the group you are talking about. Not good, and not really good what some of their leaders are doing on the side either...

Really, I'm not particularily concerned. I run an ethical business, and while I am sorry for the individuals taken by these "semi scams" (in fact, several of them have now joined my team) I do think that at days end.. the cream always rises to the top and survive. Maria, you are absolutely right.. many groups come and go! I can think of at least one major group firmly on the way OUT. Which is very sad, for their members.. but not a feel, a reflection on COASTAL- but on that group of individual leaders that tried to make a buck for themselves at the expense of others.

I just don't have the time to worry about what others are doing (or in some cases NOT doing). It upsets me, mind you- that good people are being taken advantage of in this way. But, in all things in life- "caveat emptoir".

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  13. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Jani,

Quoting: matiasmommyI can think of at least one major group firmly on the way OUT. Which is very sad, for their members.. but not a feel, a reflection on COASTAL- but on that group of individual leaders that tried to make a buck for themselves at the expense of others.

Please share which group this. As I talk to various members in various groups as they ask for my experience in Coastal if some of them are in danger I would really like to know. I think all of us are thinking the same. If one group is on the way out then we dont want any new prospects that are joining Coastal to fall to the waste side. I think its our mission as experienced Coastal Director to protect those that know less.

I did notice alot in Al's voice on the FTV/Coastal call and have started the COA network myself. As I have stated I have been in the market for a new system and figured that the BOD site would be a good place so I would always be plugged into the source. So I know they arent the group in jeopardy so again please share for the welfare of all Coastal directors.

P.S. everytime I read this thread I crack up thinking of that lady in the commercial. "Where's the Beef" lol

Adam
  14. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Sorry Adam... I'm not inclined to really share information like that on a public forum. I know it is a very large group, lots of members all over the place who are perfectly good people. I don't want to see trouble created pre-emptively for anyone. I figure what will come, will come.. and you are right, the BOD will be there to pick up the slack.

I must admit, I don't really like the BOD system. I find it to be pretty weak on the support and information side. But, I'm the type who really needs a lot of info to chew on- I know that others need to KISS it!

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  15. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: matiasmommyI find it to be pretty weak on the support and information side. But, I'm the type who really needs a lot of info to chew on- I know that others need to KISS it!

Hi Jani,

That's what makes the BOD system an open opportunity. The BOD are not snooty and they are not the type to blow off suggestions that would allow more education. This year alone I've seen more positive changes to the BOD system and websites than ever in my 4 years with Coastal.

I've been encouraged by members of the BOD to participate on a higher lever, but have not had the time to. I've been interviewed on the Monday Night Calls the BOD.

The only challenge I see is that they are a close knit group of people who have been bitten a few times by groups who have cross recruited their members into other systems.

Jay NaPier
    Coastal Vacations
  16. Judy

Judy New Member

Are the BOD the ones that make the decisions re changes to the packages? I find it very old fashioned that your kit comes with 2 cassette tapes and a VHS tape -have they thought about updating their materials as I don't even have a working VCR anymore. Is there a way to make suggestions to them re the package (like giving away a camera that takes film -doesn't everyone use digital these days?)
    Just my .02

Judy
  17. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Jay

cross recruiting...wow that is such a huge problem....everything from coastal call centers directors (even tho' I belong to WCYS), to coastal look alike programs, to website systems, to ad co-ops, to lead generators, to cheaper feeder programs for coastal, to phone systems, to live beautiful presenters....wow, the list is huge

and really, most of the time, you can make a good income and great coastal website system without falling for the flavor of the month program.

I have purchased probably 10 different programs in the last month which I have not even downloaded (yes I fall for them too)...

total waste of time and money. I should follow my own advice and unsubscribe from all the zillion of offers I receive each week. (read my article on ezinearticles dot com)

hope this helps
    maria porter
    level 3 director

if anyone wants to hear a recording of Al being interviewed on the fun t.... call last week, just PM me for the link

Judy, great suggestions, I will call the BOD for you.
  18. Judy

Judy New Member

Thanks Maria,
    Glad to see you back on here. Just a quick question. I know you have vacation power and WCYS on your website as well as some others. When someone clicks on them do they receive the autoresponders from them both plus the ones you use from aweber. Just wondering how many autoresponders is too much?

I have just purchased vacation power which plays before my WCYS start page (until I can design my own website) My husband wants me to get away from Coastal in the sense that he wants me to design my own systems so that I don't look like every other WCYS or vacationpower site person out there (kind of like your website).

Do you know if you can use the vp movie without using their backpage -paying a one time fee rather than a monthly fee?

Anyone's suggestions on this would be appreciated.
  19. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Who exactly sells vacation power? What group?
    is it a call center?

Thanks

Terri
  20. Judy

Judy New Member

Hi Terri,
    If you click on my website on the bottom of the movie I believe there is an icon for want your own site? This was the movie that caught my attention and made me join Coastal. It is $30 a month and you get a full backoffice (even includes leads although I don't know anyone who had used them yet) and this great movie.
    This way if someone does not want the call centre and only wants the vacation package then they can order it through me this way.
    I am not sure who owns the vacation power name though.
    Judy